Headphone Bug in omni rom on s3

Search This thread

Trendsbuz

Jun 17, 2014
Hello !

I am using the latest nightly build of omni rom 4.4.3 on galaxy s3, everything is working fine except my headphones aren't working

i tried everything

i searched the forum and people believe switching to nova launcher fixed their problems but didn't work for me..

few people on the forum recommend to disable the google hot word detection in voice settings, i tried the same but still no luck

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot... but still no sound :(

and even i tried Boeffla-Kernel but still no sounds through headphone while playing music in apollo or google music player.

i switched to different CPU profiles from ondemand to performance but still not working

" i faced the same problem in cm11 nightly builds that's why i switched to omni rom but no luck "

please help me out...

Trendsbuz

Jun 17, 2014
Hello !

I am using the latest nightly build of omni rom 4.4.3 on galaxy s3, everything is working fine except my headphones aren't working

i tried everything

i searched the forum and people believe switching to nova launcher fixed their problems but didn't work for me..

few people on the forum recommend to disable the google hot word detection in voice settings, i tried the same but still no luck

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot... but still no sound :(

and even i tried Boeffla-Kernel but still no sounds through headphone while playing music in apollo or google music player.

i switched to different CPU profiles from ondemand to performance but still not working

" i faced the same problem in cm11 nightly builds that's why i switched to omni rom but no luck "

please help me out...

It seems people and developer out there don't want to help me..:( stuck with these custom rom issues

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It seems people and developer out there don't want to help me..:( stuck with these custom rom issues

You're on a device that is likely to get pulled for the next Android cycle due to lack of a maintainer. You also didn't post this bug via Omni's official bugreporting process documented in the FAQ, although I will admit that bug likely would have sat there.

Basically everyone that was working on the I9300 in the past either:
Had it die
Got rid of it
Has taken a break from Android development (Rebellos was our original I9300 maintainer but he's had to take a leave of absence from Android stuff.)

Exynos4 devices in general have been on minimal life support since late 2012. #blamesamsung - all of the former Samsung Exynos guys (including myself) got tired of dealing with their BS and prefer working with other devices.

The only person still working on I930x is Mark with the I9305 and I haven't seen him recently.