[Q] Restore stock kitkat recovery after Autorec

Search This thread

szhinden

May 21, 2014
Hi guys,

Recently ive installed Cloudystock to test it but for selling purposes ive restored the stock firmware by flashing the kitkat .kdz (D80220b) file using R&D tool everything goes well but ive noticed when I try to go to recovery mode to do a factory reset it does nothing, Ive flashed the JB firmware stock recovery exist then ive upgraded to kitkat thru OTA again stock recovery is gone, is there a way to restore kitkat stock recovery? Im using D802, ESA variant. Thanks in advance!

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Autorec install custom recovery(TWRP)

You can enter it:

1. adb reboot recovery

2. power off - hold volume down + power until you see the lg logo - release shortly and then hold the keys again(volume down + power) - factory reset will ask you to confirm(but it's actually not resetting, it's entering the custom recovery)

-----------

if you've flashed a stock - KDZ, there is no trace of AutoRec or TWRP and by doing it you will actually do a factory reset.

szhinden

May 21, 2014
Autorec install custom recovery(TWRP)

You can enter it:

1. adb reboot recovery

2. power off - hold volume down + power until you see the lg logo - release shortly and then hold the keys again(volume down + power) - factory reset will ask you to confirm(but it's actually not resetting, it's entering the custom recovery)

-----------

if you've flashed a stock - KDZ, there is no trace of AutoRec or TWRP and by doing it you will actually do a factory reset.

Yup thats what i find weird because ive already flashed my phone with a kdz file.. when i flashed a kdz file for jb button combination works but right after upgrading to kitkat neither thru OTA from JB or flashing a kitkat KDZ file button combo wont work, right now im trying to root my device to check if im able to go to stock recovery using an app

Top Liked Posts