[HELP] Stuck on nexus 'X' loading screen after simply trying to flash new radio!

Search This thread

BryMerc

Jun 3, 2010
Hello, I need some urgent help as I currently don't have a phone! Keep in mind I'm not too good with all of this modding stuff, I've generally played it safe and did small things here and there.

I was running a rooted stock-based ROM of JB 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus. Completely stock without a few g-apps.

The radio was XXLH1.

I simply wanted to update the radio, so I downloaded 2 of the newest radios. I put the zips in /sdcard whereas I usually put them in sdcard/0/0/0 (don't ask, never really understood or took care of that mess). Didn't think it'd make a difference where the zip files were. I have 3 other radios I already switched to and from to test in that latter folder, and was switching between them perfectly fine days ago.

I go to flash the newest radio UGLL1.

First I cleared cache, cleared dalvik, made a nandroid, flashed the radio zip - it said it worked. Went to reboot, stuck at the nexus logo loading screen. :(

So I take out the battery, put it back in, boot into CWM Recovery, and select the nandroid I just made hoping to undo the horror. Says MD5 mismatch! I don't know what that is, just read a bit about it but none of the common issues related to me (like renaming the nandroid?).

I select an earlier nandroid I made a week or so back, this one says it restored successfully. I reboot, stuck at nexus logo loading screen again. :(

Remove battery, reboot into recovery. I see on the CWM screen the radio is still UGLL1. Oh right, the radio didn't change, that's firmware or whatever...?

So I tried to use some logic and from CWM flashed the zip of the radio I had before, XXLH1. Says it installed. So now I should have the original radio I had plus the restored image of my phone a week or so ago.

Hit reboot, stuck at loading screen. :(

What could have went wrong? And how can I fix this?

Again, please understand I don't know much beyond these simple tasks, so clear explanations would help a ton.

Other random info:
- I have CWM Recovery 5.8.0.2
- My computer doesn't read my phone when it's at that 'X' logo screen. In Recovery it picks it up but I never figured out how to make it recognize again on my new computer. Never needed to.

arigr

Nov 9, 2012
altamonte springs
Hello, I need some urgent help as I currently don't have a phone! Keep in mind I'm not too good with all of this modding stuff, I've generally played it safe and did small things here and there.

I was running a rooted stock-based ROM of JB 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus. Completely stock without a few g-apps.

The radio was XXLH1.

I simply wanted to update the radio, so I downloaded 2 of the newest radios. I put the zips in /sdcard whereas I usually put them in sdcard/0/0/0 (don't ask, never really understood or took care of that mess). Didn't think it'd make a difference where the zip files were. I have 3 other radios I already switched to and from to test in that latter folder, and was switching between them perfectly fine days ago.

I go to flash the newest radio UGLL1.

First I cleared cache, cleared dalvik, made a nandroid, flashed the radio zip - it said it worked. Went to reboot, stuck at the nexus logo loading screen. :(

So I take out the battery, put it back in, boot into CWM Recovery, and select the nandroid I just made hoping to undo the horror. Says MD5 mismatch! I don't know what that is, just read a bit about it but none of the common issues related to me (like renaming the nandroid?).

I select an earlier nandroid I made a week or so back, this one says it restored successfully. I reboot, stuck at nexus logo loading screen again. :(

Remove battery, reboot into recovery. I see on the CWM screen the radio is still UGLL1. Oh right, the radio didn't change, that's firmware or whatever...?

So I tried to use some logic and from CWM flashed the zip of the radio I had before, XXLH1. Says it installed. So now I should have the original radio I had plus the restored image of my phone a week or so ago.

Hit reboot, stuck at loading screen. :(

What could have went wrong? And how can I fix this?

Again, please understand I don't know much beyond these simple tasks, so clear explanations would help a ton.

Other random info:
- I have CWM Recovery 5.8.0.2
- My computer doesn't read my phone when it's at that 'X' logo screen. In Recovery it picks it up but I never figured out how to make it recognize again on my new computer. Never needed to.

xxlh1 is a galaxy s3 radio and also a modem firmware update And a maguro variant ...
ugll1 is a maguro radio...
i might recommend
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/verizon-develop/radios-verizon-galaxy-nexus-radios-3-5-t1890585

Last edited:

FredFS456

Apr 9, 2012
Vancouver
xxlh1 is a galaxy s3 radio not a gnex...
ugll1 is a maguro radio...
i might recommend
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/verizon-develop/radios-verizon-galaxy-nexus-radios-3-5-t1890585

This is incorrect. HERE is the thread for the maguro radios, and there is definitely an XXLH1 variant. However, OP did not state which Galaxy Nexus variant he has. Do you have the GSM, Verizon, or Sprint versions? I'm guessing GSM, but please confirm.

Assuming you have the GSM variant, I would recommend that you try to use flastboot to flash XXLH1 again. Download at the thread I linked above, then connect your phone to your PC while in fastboot mode. Flash using
Code:
fastboot flash radio [file name].img

Reactions: BryMerc and arigr

arigr

Nov 9, 2012
altamonte springs
This is incorrect. HERE is the thread for the maguro radios, and there is definitely an XXLH1 variant. However, OP did not state which Galaxy Nexus variant he has. Do you have the GSM, Verizon, or Sprint versions? I'm guessing GSM, but please confirm.

Assuming you have the GSM variant, I would recommend that you try to use flastboot to flash XXLH1 again. Download at the thread I linked above, then connect your phone to your PC while in fastboot mode. Flash using
Code:

i stand corrected.. sorry for any confusion..have edited reply

BryMerc

Jun 3, 2010

Code:

I appreciate the replies! I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus and yes those radios I listed were compatible.

I ended up just starting all over again. I had the dreaded sdcard/0/0/0/0 issue and felt that MAY have been causing the problem, and ended up doing a factory reset to clean it up anyway. After doing that, all the radios were flashed fine.

Another thing was, I was suddenly really low on space even though I didn't have many things in my sdcard, but it seems because of all the duplicate file paths I was killing my space. So there's a very slim chance the radio was simply too big, even though it's only like 4mb, but perhaps I was that low on space.

Thanks for the help anyway. I was lucky to have recent backups, it was merely time consuming. But now I have a cleaner sdcard. :)

Top Liked Posts