Search This thread

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
method to unroot orange uk desire.

download this nand backup

download the official update

extract the nand backup and delete the file 'recovery.img'

edit the file nandroid.md5 in wordpad (not notepad) and remove the line with recovery.img in it.

rename the official update to 'update.zip'

place the directory '2010-09-26.13.31.55' in the directory /nandroid/ht##########/ on your sdcard

place update.zip on your sdcard.

reboot phone into recovery and restore nand 2010-09-26.13.31.55

turn of check for signiture and flash update.zip.

follow on screen insructions to reboot and your done.

if you dont have the directory /nandroid/ht##########/ make a nand backup on your phone and it wil appear. ######### will be replaced by your phone id.

Dont blame me if you kill your phone doing this.

this worked for me with amonra recovery. probably work with clockwork too..not tried because my phone is on its way for repair now:)

thanks ste1164 for providing the nand and having the balls to try this first.

Last edited:

primiq

May 23, 2010
ive got Desire from Orange since june, and rooted since end of june or something like that? How come u couldnt do it? :/

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Just noticed this thread. I have done this myself and it works. Shame we still don't have an ruu but this is the next best thing :)

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Oh yea it does work on clockwork that's what I used when my phone was rooted.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
1 is your phone rooted? If it is you need to make a nandroid backup first. Then you put this backup in. Also this backup is from an amoled desire so I don't think it will work on slcd desires.

doinbox

Aug 9, 2008
Manchester
So ste are you saying. I need to make a nandroid backup. Then delete the contents from my backup. And then copy the contents of this folder without the recovery.img and the line removed from the md5 into my backup folder???

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Make a backup to create a android directory. Then put the folder you downloaded into the nandroid backup folder. Try and restoring from the backup without deleting anything if that doesnt work try your method.

hermit.66

Apr 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I received the MD5 error as well, so I tried the process without removing anything from the Nandroid backup, which worked for me using the Clockwork Mod recovery without a hitch.

I'm now downloading the Orange OTA Froyo update. Let's hope that works as well...

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Lol the desire ain't that bad :p are you getting an iPhone 4? Or one of the newer desire devices?