Search This thread

Tomajdon

Dec 23, 2011
Okaay so if I open the stock camera and change the resolution down to 4MP or 3MP (then back to 5MP) it works, but when I press the shot button the picture freezes but the icons can rotate. And finally the picture isn't in the gallery. So half succes with stock app, keep going the good work! :)

texten

Apr 4, 2012
Watch here

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Hey guys! Great news! ICS camera works!
Download this ICS camera.apk and install it on your device! Then open the app but dont close if immidealty if you see just a back screen! It will take a few seconds till the camer will work! Just wait max 1 min!!

It will work! Have little kernel problems and so it takes a bit to open the camera but i will fix it at the weekend!

Sometimes it will crash but it works if you wait few minutes...i think it is not for normal use now and its still in developement!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?bld52ysmtvd38cu

Edit: If you open ICS Camera you have to go to settings in App and set the pixels to 3 Millions! And it should work!

Modifying kernel now...

Guys it is really an alpha version and its the fully ICS camera app, at my device it works, but i have modified kernel....will give you kernel to download if its stable!

****UPDATE****

Working with Oisis on kernel, think we will findish work in few days!

lol thats nothing new.
everything is already known: porting state
maybe you should read this thread here before posting something reputed "new".

Last edited:
Reactions: visheshtungare0879

oisis

Oct 9, 2008
Out of nowhere
It is me again :).
I think i'm step closer to working camera. Just check logcat attached.
I'm working on kernel for ICS roms, this one have AOKP in name but can be used with CM9 too.

I used sensors driver and cameras from oryginal Samsung kernel sources and ported them to Arco kernel. Seems to camera work better or the same like before but logs looks better. I didn't finish it for now, still working on it and still busy :(. Now i think that is time to look closer to HAL and media_profiles.xml. Can you make some tests on CM9 with different media_profiles.xml etc. I think that we can use probably some files from i9000 because cameras are the same so media_profiles.xml should be the same because inside you can find only audio/video/camera resolution settings. We needs proper HAL wrapper, libs should be form i9001 stock rom because we have different motherboard and different sensors. If you make test just post logcats with some description what is working, what not etc.

Next step:
- play around HAL wrapper: libui.so - can be wrong, not sure for now.
- some mods in media_profile.xml
- import missing libs and bins? - not sure

Probably i will need old team like before so waiting for some feedback form Texten and Grabber28 :). Credits to them.

Attachments

• Logcat.2012-07-05-kernel-aokp-beta10c.txt
    64.3 KB · Views: 42
  • kernel-aokp-beta10c.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 58
  • kernel-aokp-beta10b.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4436657

FRIENDS <3 I have a coder for us ;)

Just as mentioned, little more info would be nice.

However, Oisis, sure i'll do a couple of test with you. But at least not before tomorrow evening. Working 10 hours each day at the moment, six days a week, and this since 2 months now.

[Sent mobile][GT-I9001]
[Cyanogenmod9 by Arco]

Reactions: uberto.costanzo

oisis

Oct 9, 2008
Out of nowhere
Just as mentioned, little more info would be nice.

However, Oisis, sure i'll do a couple of test with you. But at least not before tomorrow evening. Working 10 hours each day at the moment, six days a week, and this since 2 months now.

[Sent mobile][GT-I9001]
[Cyanogenmod9 by Arco]

Ok so from monday, now i will do some more tests by myself. Thanks.

Reactions: abhimukesh25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    note: these files are provided with no warrenty. you are installing it at your own risk!

instructions:

1. you will need cm9 by arco68 (alpha build 5) and a ics recovery
    2. wipe dalvik cache
    3. wipe cache
    4. install latest camfix
    5. fix permissions

download:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29459177&postcount=1568

bugs:

-fc after taking 5 photos
    -videorecording in hd (720px) is not working

-------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to report some bugs, do it!
    but follow some rules. post step by step what you did and attach a logcat.
    [WIKI I9001 - HOW TO REPORT BUGS]

3698430XDArules.gif

thanks to ivendor, mirred, grabber28, vpupkin, oisis, arco68 and all testers

(will add more informations soon)
    Update: Front-camera take picture works.

Remain:
    -problem with orientation in front camera
    -crash with some settings
    -video 720p

Attached zip.
    I have been doing some testing (I really care about deep sleep more than camera, honestly),

With ivendor kernel (2.6.35.7-cyanogenmod+tiziano@tiziano-ubuntu #3) and stock camera app, back cam does work, 480p video recording and panoramic photo works too.
    Unfortunately, front cam does not take photo, only video.
    Phone enters deep sleep state, but Wifi is not working. So I installed another kernel.

With oisis kernel aokp pre11e (2.6.35.14-aokp-v3-OiSiS oisis@localhost #1) and stock camera app, same as the ivendor kernel, but Wifi is working, so Im sticking to this kernel ATM.

The strange this is, with latest ivendor kernel, front cam is taking photo (the only bugs are fc after 5 photos and 720p video record not working).
    With this kernel phone does not enter deep sleep state,

Hope this helps.

I' will test it with my new i9001, i've ordered tonight on amazon... be patient next weekend more udpates!
    Lastest patch:

-Revised exposure values for cameras (avoid crash front camera on set exposure value)
    -Fix rotation issue of front camera

Remain:
    -Crash after taking 5 photos
    -720p video
    This patch should resolve orientation bug.