[HOW TO] Unbrick your phone from flashing an International gsm boot image

Search This thread

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Wait, I just noticed the file is only 10MB.
So this is not the factory operating system image then.
Good thing I did a nandroid before wiping everything. :D

Anyone know if anyone is able to flash TMO ROM's?
My flash-finger is trembling.

Don't see why not, i have a tmo g3 running att roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

jennyngo24

Dec 3, 2010
Hello, any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I installed a rom(intended for my phone not international) and when my phone rebooted from recovery it hung on the Samsung logo. I have tried to do flash both stock root and regular stock via Odin several times. It always says it passed but it always hangs at the same place on the Samsung logo. I have tried removing the sd card and flashing but nothing seems to work. The phone will not reboot into recovery either. I have searched around and cant seem to find a solution. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, I am afraid my phone is bricked and they wont honor the warranty b/c i flashed it.
Would you please tell me how ? I have the same problem as yours and my phone rebooted from recovery it hung on the Samsung logo.
Help please

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Would you please tell me how ? I have the same problem as yours and my phone rebooted from recovery it hung on the Samsung logo.
Help please

Try this. Pull the battery out and put it back in. Hold in the volume up button + the home button + the power button. As soon as u see the Samsung logo with the little blue letters in the top left corner let off of the power button but continue to hold in the volume up and home button. Assuming your on a stock ROM u should have the stock recovery so u will be booted into recovery. Scroll down and select to do a factory reset. Once the reset is done choose to reboot the phone and see if it will boot up now. If not feel free to pm me and I'll do what I can to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: yunch

mickymauz

Oct 21, 2010
i'm having the same issue as one of the previous users "Black screen, will not turn on, I get a red LED if I plug it in without a battery, and Windows sees it as a "QHSUSB_DLOAD" device. I cannot get into download mode or CWM." any help would be greatly appreciated... :(

BAleR

May 2, 2010
Tulsa, ok
i'm having the same issue as one of the previous users "Black screen, will not turn on, I get a red LED if I plug it in without a battery, and Windows sees it as a "QHSUSB_DLOAD" device. I cannot get into download mode or CWM." any help would be greatly appreciated... :(

hey I got that same problem. If u got adb installed, I went to device manager and right clicked the driver that failed and click update driver, then hit have disk, then browes, then direct it to your sdk folder and the google usb driver, then select the fastboot driver. it works, and the computer sees the phone. but cant get any fastboot commands to work. just says device not found.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I'm in Odin right now and I'm at the PASS! stage and can't seem to get further along. Am I stuck? Thanks.
What exactly did you originally flash to soft brick it?

What image did you flash?

Did the phone reboot after flash completed?

What exactly is the phone stuck on?

Mark.

moedin

Oct 28, 2011
Windsor
so what this is saying is, i could try to boot in an international image and bring my phone to the store and warranty it for a new one??? lord knows the local phone store employee won't be able to fix it lol

GAPY427

Jul 13, 2008
New York
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My internal SD has about 450GB left on it. Odin will not work if I don't have enough space, correct?

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

What exactly did you originally flash to soft brick it?

What image did you flash?

Did the phone reboot after flash completed?

What exactly is the phone stuck on?

Mark.
Hi,
I don't have enought room on my internal SD [about 455GB]. About a week ago, I did a flip-flop of my internal/external cards [to fit more apps] and somehow my internal SD became filled to the brim. When I use Odin, it recognizes the device, but I always get a FAIL! I'm thinking the .tar file is too big for the little room I have on my internal.

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
Hey guys,
Was trying to root my stock T-Mobile Galaxy S3, and everything was going fine but after it rebooted from Odin, the screen stayed black, and only the blue LED was pulsing. I tried to flash the stock Rom to get it out of this, but now the same thing is still happening. I have tried multiple cache wipes/factory resets and multiple other stock ROMs. I always without fail get the same thing Samsung splash screen/Blue pulsing LED/start up sound and black screen. I'm getting really frustrated and worried. Can anyone help?

chiwolve

Oct 27, 2008
I am having this same problem, even after flashing .rar in this thread. I found below thread on Verizon SG3 that I think may fix the issue, but I'm looking for these files for AT&T. Anyone have thoughts?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030&

Hey guys,
Was trying to root my stock T-Mobile Galaxy S3, and everything was going fine but after it rebooted from Odin, the screen stayed black, and only the blue LED was pulsing. I tried to flash the stock Rom to get it out of this, but now the same thing is still happening. I have tried multiple cache wipes/factory resets and multiple other stock ROMs. I always without fail get the same thing Samsung splash screen/Blue pulsing LED/start up sound and black screen. I'm getting really frustrated and worried. Can anyone help?

njq1234

May 2, 2011
Thanks!!!

Bricked the crap out of my phone!! Everything I know to do wouldn't fix it. Flashed this and WAH LAH!! Back to stock.

LinChina

Dec 28, 2010
Shanghai
Only AT&T fix or ?????

Does there exist a boot img apart for AT&T to bring my S3 back to life.

The issue I've that I can still get into download mod but not into recovery.

I tried to re-flash the original rom but Odin stayed failed.

Initial rom on my S3 was I9300XXLEF Hongkong) and I flashed [Stock Official Firmwares] I9300XXEMA2 (4.1.2) - Singapore (XSP) [28-01-13]

Yes I know it was wrong.

Any how any advise would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.....LinChina

freakyd9984

May 2, 2010
Does there exist a boot img apart for AT&T to bring my S3 back to life.

The issue I've that I can still get into download mod but not into recovery.

I tried to re-flash the original rom but Odin stayed failed.

Initial rom on my S3 was I9300XXLEF Hongkong) and I flashed [Stock Official Firmwares] I9300XXEMA2 (4.1.2) - Singapore (XSP) [28-01-13]

Yes I know it was wrong.

Any how any advise would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.....LinChina

I cant get my phone into download mode period , is their anything else i can do or did i completely brick my device help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone with a bricked phone from flashing the gsm boot image, flash this via Odin as a PDA.

It will flash a stock boot image back to your device.

1. Extract Odin files to a folder from the attachment.

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
    1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.

2. Tick 'Auto Reboot' and 'F. Reset Time' in Odin and nothing else.

3. Download the boot image and load into Odin as a PDA.

4. Click on Start to flash the image.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?crhj889aj2tricz

DO NOT UNZIP THE BOOT TAR FILE, FLASH IT AS IT IS.

Mark.
    Is that XDA's stance on the risks of flashing/modding phone? Play dumb? Isn't that how this thread got started?

Surprised a senior moderator would suggest that.

I think we all know the risks...and when mistakes are made...the person making the mistake should pay. Not the company who plays no fault or the customers who's rates are hiked because of fraudulent claims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Im here to help users who are having trouble, whether its their own mistake or not it doesnt matter to me at the end of the day its upto them whether they want to take the consequences of what they did or not im just giving the options.

I understand your point and to a certain extent I agree but if I followed through on your arguments then really I should delete EVERY thread I ever made to help people who have bricked their phone from a bad flash or other mistake (including this one).

If I did that then the xda Galaxy S3 forums would be a very very sad place right now ;)

I dont want to turn this thread into a debate over morals so please take any comments private if you wish to discuss it more :)

Mark.
    Your other option is to take it back to the store and tell them it wouldnt boot up after you charged it. Play dumb and they should exchange it at the shop.

Mark.
    Is that XDA's stance on the risks of flashing/modding phone? Play dumb? Isn't that how this thread got started?

Surprised a senior moderator would suggest that.

I think we all know the risks...and when mistakes are made...the person making the mistake should pay. Not the company who plays no fault or the customers who's rates are hiked because of fraudulent claims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    I hope someone can help with this problem im having, will really appreciate the help. I bought a GS3 At&t stock and unlock. since it had all at&t blootware i proceed to root it. I'm using this phone with gosmart sim card, so i decided to wait before installing any rom until few weeks ago. at first i tried CM10.1 but for some reason i couldnt and it gave me message 7 so i went to aokp and everything went just fine. about a week later i started having problems with the internet, sometimes it just disconnect and wouldnt connect at all even with a reboot. so i decided to go back to stock, i found this thread online http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-sgh-i747-att-stock-kernel-99790/ and installed the tar but the screen got locked up on the samsung logo. after that i found this thread and install this tar but nothing, still hangs on the samsung logo. i wait for about 10 minutes or so but still on the same screen. so far i have installed this tar about 20 times and using 3.04 and 3.07 odin and nothing. I can get to CWM without a problem, and actually wiped down and tried to install the tar but still nothing. Can someone help try to fix this? thank you very much!!
    You are trying to fix it by flashing a Stock Kernel but if the problem is deeper than that then it wont help much.

What you need to do is flash a full stock samsung image via Odin. Download http://hotfile.com/dl/182224582/7ad...I747_ATT_1_20121116120521_7p9l4qgqoh.zip.html unzip it so you get a .tar.md5 file and flash that image as a PDA in Odin with your phone in download mode.

You may have to boot into stock recovery after and perform a wipe data if you get stuck in the boot screen after flashing but it should fix any problems you are having.

Mark.
    Thanks Mate. How many times can I push the thank you button?:D
    50? :)

Mark.