Samsung Multi-Media Dock (note II)

Search This thread

LLanito

Oct 9, 2012
So I recently bought the Samsung Multi-Media dock.

I've seen a few reviews and un-boxing's but can't seem to find any videos on people showing the full capabilities.

I also noticed, that when everything was plugged in, the dock wouldn't read any storage devices (pendrives and HDD). Would anyone know the problem? or what I have to do.

Thanks in advanced.

Also if anyone knows of good videos showing what it can do etc.. or record what it can do :p

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Multimedia dock is just for charging and audio out.
Smart dock is for otg, hdmi out and charging.

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

LLanito

Oct 9, 2012
ive got the one with the 3 usb ports, 3.5 mm jack, hdmi port and the mini usb port .. isn't that the smart dock??

cos the box says multi-media haha

LLanito

Oct 9, 2012
Are you sure it's the official one and not some clone? How much did you pay for it?

around 60-70 pounds, a guy from XDA gave me the link to buy it, everything works fine, it just doesnt read pen drives or hdd orrr the wired mouse which i think would only work with bluetooth usb keyboard+mouse

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
If it's the real one, I keep reading all over the forums that the format of the hdd/pen drives might be the issue. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find them. This was usually when people were buying the 64GBs cards and had to reformat them to get them to work. I'm assuming it might be a similar issue.

LLanito

Oct 9, 2012
If it's the real one, I keep reading all over the forums that the format of the hdd/pen drives might be the issue. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find them. This was usually when people were buying the 64GBs cards and had to reformat them to get them to work. I'm assuming it might be a similar issue.

Its true that rings a Bell, something about fat 32 or something if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

LLanito

Oct 9, 2012
Is anybody using a bluetooth keyboar/mouse ??

thinking about getting a cheap one.. if anyone could recommend any would be kl

cheers

juju509

May 8, 2010
Brno
Worked for me

It works fine for me with wired Mouse and Keyboard

I even noticed that if you attach the mouse before and the plug your notes in it will automatically rotate your screen

Regarding the HDD and Pen drive I didn't try it yet but it will probably not be able to read the ntfs partitions but fat and exFat must work fine :D

around 60-70 pounds, a guy from XDA gave me the link to buy it, everything works fine, it just doesnt read pen drives or hdd orrr the wired mouse which i think would only work with bluetooth usb keyboard+mouse

Reactions: f-castrillo

teshgnex

Apr 12, 2012

I've seen a few reviews and un-boxing's but can't seem to find any videos on people showing the full capabilities.

I also noticed, that when everything was plugged in, the dock wouldn't read any storage devices (pendrives and HDD). Would anyone know the problem? or what I have to do.

Thanks in advanced.

Also if anyone knows of good videos showing what it can do etc.. or record what it can do :p

check out coldfusion's video on youtube re:

*edit*

here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkgmqOrpKyc

pretty awesome what the Note2 can do with that dock (or just an HDMI Cable in the case of this video)

NZTechFreak ? did a video with that dock as well

brochador

Jul 25, 2011

Thanks in advanced.

Do we have the same multimedia dock?

20130315_163559_zps87c9a2e0.jpg

I think, mine is the smart dock too, bought it for $90, I don't know if this is OEM or the orig one, but the chinese seller said it is the original one..

20130315_165039_zpse47c48f7.jpg

HDMI, mouse, keyboard are all working, I haven't been tried yet to plug an ext. hard disk..

I'm thinking now, if it is possible to force the hdmi output on landscape mode..

Last edited:

darekz

On the big screen what 's the resolution, of course in landscape mode ?

Tv reports 1080/30p. Using Maxthon browser in full screen mode and set for smallest letters is a pleasure using on bigger screen. Most (all?) applications are not optimized to utilize higher resolution output and simply mirror phone screen. Netflix app has a problem with smart dock. When video is played in full screen mode - hdmi is formated 4:3 instead 16:9. Other video apps output in correct ratio.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worked for me

It works fine for me with wired Mouse and Keyboard

I even noticed that if you attach the mouse before and the plug your notes in it will automatically rotate your screen

Regarding the HDD and Pen drive I didn't try it yet but it will probably not be able to read the ntfs partitions but fat and exFat must work fine :D

I got my dock off ebay from a Chinese seller for $39. All markings indicate it is an original Samsung dock but there is something not right here.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal:
    Until the phone is fully charged, only the HDMI works, The side USB ports can't even be used to charge additional devices as stated. After the phone is charged all functions work normally
    jellyhead
    This is not normal. I think it's the most obvious sign that the dock is not original.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi