[GUIDE/MODS]Collection of Mods For SAMSUNG DUAL SIM MOBILES.

Search This thread

arkaredevil

Jun 6, 2013
Kolkata
Dual Sim

A custom ROM which is made for a single SIM phone...can it be modded to be used used in a DUAL SIM phone so that it can detect both the SIMs?if yes then which file to be modded?Thanks in advance:D

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
A custom ROM which is made for a single SIM phone...can it be modded to be used used in a DUAL SIM phone so that it can detect both the SIMs?if yes then which file to be modded?Thanks in advance:D

No it cant.... only one sim will wrk.

N this is nt the correctvplace fr such questions.

Goto Q&A thread.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

arkaredevil

Jun 6, 2013
Kolkata
No it cant.... only one sim will wrk.

N this is nt the correctvplace fr such questions.

Goto Q&A thread.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

you added some moddded things..and you are using a dual sim phone that's why i asked it over here & for your kind info i have searched the Q&A thread but did not find anything related to this topic & i am still searching

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
you added some moddded things..and you are using a dual sim phone that's why i asked it over here & for your kind info i have searched the Q&A thread but did not find anything related to this topic & i am still searching

I answered ur question.
Read the full post.

Only frst sim will wrk that also 40% chances.

Hardware of both the mobs should b same than only the rom will bootup.

Sent from my ultrafone 303 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Siddharthag

Himan Boro

Jul 31, 2013
Guwahati
Bro how to remove sim icon..please post the guide regarding that...

Music Shortcut Is Not Working ... :( Decompiling gives error. :(
I think something is wrong in the smali :D

Last edited:

Bimalhort

Mar 22, 2014
Bhubaneswar
To remove the texts SIM1 and SIM2 from notification pannel

Please help me to remove the texts "SIM1" and "SIM2" from notification panel.

My Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
Guys instead of asking me or any1 else to do it for you why don't you try it for yourself?

The work u want to perform can be done by editing status_bar_expandad.xml
Both single and dual sim version.

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THESE MODS SPECIFICALLY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY Y DUOS LITE/SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET DUOS. BUT THESE WILL WORK ON ANY OTHER DUAL SIM ANDROID PHONES TOO WITH LITTLE OR NO MODIFICATION.

THESE MAY ALSO WORK IN ICS N JB ROMS TOO.
    PLZ TRY AND REPORT GUYS!!

YOU ALL MAY EVEN GET MORE MODS HERE : GUIDE BY LOKESHSAHINI94

CREDITS:-
    Lokeshsaini94 FOR MAKING ME UNDERSTAND ABOUT FEW STATUS BAR TWEAKS.
    b16h22 FOR Settings Shortcut in StatusBar.
    petrukgrinder for jelly bean style time, date in status bar
    evanlocked for Recent app Shortcut in StatusBar

THINGS YOU GONNA NEED DURING TRYING THESE MODS:-
    1. A COMPUTER or LAPTOP[LIKE ME]
    2. A ROOTED AND DEODEXED DUAL SIM ANDROID PHONE.[MINE IS SAMSUNG GT-S5302]
    3. FILES MENTIONED IN EACH MOD[YOU CAN FIND TEM IN system/app OR system/framework FOLDERS OR ANY OTHER FOLDERS AS MENTIONED IN THE CONCERNED MOD.
    4. KNOWLEDGE OF EDITING APK FILES WITH apktool or similar.[ YOU MAY HAVE A LOOK IN TIS GUIDE BY ME IN TIS MATTER ]
    5. notepad++ TO EDIT XML AND OTHER FILES.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

MODS START HERE :

1]Remove Carrier Name

1.Decompile SystemUI.apk with apktool or apk multi tool.
    2.Go to SystemUI.apk\res\layout\ and open status_bar_expanded_dual_sim.xml with notepad++
    3.Search for these lines and remove them:

4.FOR REMOVING SIM1 CARRIER NAME SEARCH & REMOVE THE FOLLOWING LINE:
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CarrierLabel android:textSize="17.659973dip" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:paddingBottom="1.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="1.0dip" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    5.FOR REMOVING SIM2 CARRIER NAME SEARCH & REMOVE THE FOLLOWING LINE:
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CarrierLabel2 android:textSize="17.659973dip" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:paddingBottom="1.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="1.0dip" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    6.PLZ Note these codes will only remove The texts in Samsung Mobiles n not the sim icons.

7.Save the file and close it.

8.Now compile back apk file and push back to system/app.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

2]Add settings shortcut in status bar:

Decompile your SystemUI.apk and go to SystemUI.apk\res\layout\ n open status_bar_expanded_dual_sim.xml.
    Now u have 2 different options to choose from:
    The first option will put the shortcut right next to the carrier name.
    The second one will put that in the center just before clear button.

OPTION 1:

SEARCH FOR THIS LINE:
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CarrierLabel android:textSize="17.659973dip" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:paddingBottom="1.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip"  android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip"  android:layout_marginTop="1.0dip" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    Paste the Following code just below the above line:
    Code:
                        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_width="25.0px" android:layout_height="25.0px" android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quicksettings" android:onClick="settingsButton" />
    Save the file and close it.

OPTION 2.

Search for :
    Code:
    clear_all_button
    and paste the following line just above the line having clear_all_button:
    Code:
                        <ImageView  android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_width="25.0px"  android:layout_height="25.0px"  android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quicksettings"  android:onClick="settingsButton" />
    Now comes the Harder part. Now u need to edit SMALI FILE. [THIS STEP IS SAME FOR BOTH THE OPTIONS]:

Now we can add the method settingsButton to StatusBarService.smali.
    Open the file and look for the following code

Code:
    # virtual methods
    Paste this method below

Code:
    .method public settingsButton(Landroid/view/View;)V
        .locals 3
        .parameter "v"

.prologue
        .line 1717
        invoke-virtual {p1}, Landroid/view/View;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

new-instance v1, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-string v2, "android.settings.SETTINGS"

invoke-direct {v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->(Ljava/lang/String;)V

const/high16 v2, 0x1000

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->setFlags(I)Landroid/content/Intent;

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->startActivity(Landroid/content/Intent;)V

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService;->animateCollapse()V

.line 1720
        return-void
    .end method
    Note: You must leave a blank line below # virtual methods
    n also one line after .end method

Now save the file n close it.

Now download and extract this Settings_shortcut_drawables.zip from this thread. Move the ic_notify_quicksettings.xml and the other two pngs inside your drawable folder. Ignore StatusBarService$8.smali. Its of no use for us.

Now recompile, sign the apk n move to system/app.

jane3amy.jpg

sc20120923104322.png

3]Jelly bean style Date, Time and Day on Status Bar

ehe2yqag.jpg

Decompile systemui.apk with apktool or similar.
    Go to SystemUI.apk\res\layout\ and open status_bar_expanded_dual_sim.xml with notepad++
    Search for this line:
    Code:
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.NotificationLinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/notificationLinearLayout" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    Copy paste this linear layout code just below the above code:
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="@drawable/jb_date_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:baselineAligned="false">
                            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarJellyHeaderView android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                    </LinearLayout>
    Save the file and close it.
    Download Jelly.zip from attachments of this post
    Download jb_date_background.zip from here.
    Extract jelly.zip and copy two files from jelly.zip to SystemUI.apk/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/(here)
    Extract jb_date_background.zip and Move jb_date_background.9.png to SystemUI.apk\res\drawables\here
    Now compile back apk file and push back to system/app.

PICTURE TUTORIAL:

jbdateguide.png

4]Add music shortcut in status bar[ NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR STOCK GB MUSIC.APK & NOT FOR CUSTOM MUSIC PLAYERS]:
    Decompile your SystemUI.apk and go to SystemUI.apk\res\layout\ n open status_bar_expanded_dual_sim.xml.
    Search for :
    Code:
    clear_all_button
    and paste the following line just above the line having clear_all_button:
    Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quickmusic"[COLOR=Red] android:onClick="musicButton"[/COLOR] />
    Now comes the Harder part. Now u need to edit SMALI FILE:

Now we can add the method musicButton to StatusBarService.smali.
    Open the file and look for the following code

Code:
    # virtual methods
    Paste this method below

Code:
    .method public musicButton(Landroid/view/View;)V
        .locals 3
        .parameter "v"

.prologue
        .line 1717
        invoke-virtual {p1}, Landroid/view/View;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

new-instance v1, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-string v2, "android.intent.action.MUSIC_PLAYER"

invoke-direct {v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->(Ljava/lang/String;)V

const/high16 v2, 0x1000

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->setFlags(I)Landroid/content/Intent;

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->startActivity(Landroid/content/Intent;)V

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService;->animateCollapse()V

.line 1720
        return-void
    .end method
    Note: You must leave a blank line below # virtual methods
    n also one line after .end method

Now save the file n close it.

Now download and extract this Music_shortcut_drawables.zip from here. Put the ic_notify_quickmusic.xml and the other two pngs inside your drawable folder.

Now recompile, sign the apk n move to system/app.
    Re: [GUIDE] [MODS] Collection of Mods For All Dual Sim Gingerbread[2.3] Phones

Guide updated guys....
    3 mods in total now...

Don't be lazy.
    Lift your hand n press the Thanxxx Button.=)
    Guides n mods for ALL PHONES

reserved
    rrrrrrrrrrrrr