Help with Titanium Backup

Search This thread

himyfamily

Dec 6, 2012
hi, I need some help in decrypt TB backup file. The backup is done on rooted Note II but I sold the Note II and bought the Note III. With the knox thing on Note III, I still have not rooted my phone. Bought it only for 2 months and prefer not ruin the warranty. I just want to restore some of the save game ( year of playing time). I cannot extract the .tar.gz file because I am using passphase. Anyone can help me by providing step I can decrypt and retrieve the data from .tar.gz file? I have the passphase so I just need to know the way to decrypt and extract it without an rooted phone. I don't have any other android phone (only iphone 4 and Note III) so using other phone is not possible. I have tried to contact TB support but no reply for 2 months. It is really help if someone can pointed out for me the right direction.

Thank you.

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
hi, I need some help in decrypt TB backup file. The backup is done on rooted Note II but I sold the Note II and bought the Note III. With the knox thing on Note III, I still have not rooted my phone. Bought it only for 2 months and prefer not ruin the warranty. I just want to restore some of the save game ( year of playing time). I cannot extract the .tar.gz file because I am using passphase. Anyone can help me by providing step I can decrypt and retrieve the data from .tar.gz file? I have the passphase so I just need to know the way to decrypt and extract it without an rooted phone. I don't have any other android phone (only iphone 4 and Note III) so using other phone is not possible. I have tried to contact TB support but no reply for 2 months. It is really help if someone can pointed out for me the right direction.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do without root.
Though you could maybe root your Note 3 without voiding warranty.
Dial *#1234# and check your software version. Then check out the URLDV thread.

himyfamily

Dec 6, 2012
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do without root.
Though you could maybe root your Note 3 without voiding warranty.
Dial *#1234# and check your software version. Then check out the URLDV thread.

I already checked but I am on 4.4.2 . I will search around more . Thank you for the suggestion.