[Q] Sharp Aquos Zeta SH-02E Custom ROM

Search This thread

tampitzel

Jul 24, 2009
Bucharest
Hey guys, I have this phone and it's pretty awesome. The only thing i dont like about the phone is the firmware. It has alot of japanese things integrated deeply in the system and I'm not in Japan. I was looking for a normal clean ROM for the device but from what i've noticed there are no devs for this device. I was wondering if anyone came across a clean ROM for this device. Thank you!

shadowhacker27

Mar 22, 2009
NYC
www.actualtecnologia.com
rooted sh02e

I have been able to root this device (finally) with a set of tools on sharp.cheeseus.org and I also would like to know if someone out there is willing to give a hand to this small but hopefully growing Sharp community. The Aquos SH-02E is an amazing phone with an amazing amount of Ram, and incredible camera, awesome battery life, but a very, VERY laggy system. Add to that the amazing amount of prohibitions put there by DoCoMo which won't even let people use the FM transmitter in the phone if you are outside Japan, and outside DoCoMo.

If none of you guys have the time for this, at least direct me to where I could start reading to quickly understand about dumping and editing roms, as well as using AOSP to make a rom compatible with my device. Any help will be appreciated. I know it won't be easy. but now that I was able to root this device I really want to know its limits.

thanks