[Q] Nexus 4 settings.apk problem! Please help!

Search This thread

niranjan_23

Dec 15, 2013
MUMBAI
Hi, this is my first post on xda.
My problem:
I have a Nexus 4, running stock 4.4.3, from an OTA zip.
Yesterday, I was browsing through playstore, i came across anim mod app by JRummy Inc. I downloaded it. I read it alters something in the framework section.
I tried various window transition animations and decided to go back to stock. So i pressed android stock, it set the animations. I deleted that app and then rebooted. On reboot, some custom transition animations were still there. Also, I noticed that appinfo is also not working. Whenever I drag an app to app info, it says "settings has stopped working".
What I did next is this. I went to /system/framework and opened framework-res.apk the 4.4.3 version the app installer was installing it and said app not installed after like 30 secs.

So I copied a 4.4.2 framework-res.apk and replaced the 4.4.3 version. The moment I did it, the phone crashed and began to reboot. It was stuck at boot anim. I force-switched it off and went to recovery mode. Installed a backup of 4.4.2 /system.
It went fine. Still appinfo problem. Went back to 4.4.3. Again the same thing. Rest all settings.apk is ok.

Another thing is, now framework-res.apk aka "Android System" shows in downloaded apps. Maybe thats causing problems. I tried uninstalling it. But it causes the phone to be stuck at boot anim.

Also, appinfo shows up only for Android System app. For others it fcs.

app installer also fcs.

If i flash complete stock 4.4.2 with radio, boot img, etc all... will it work?

I know I have done even what a noob won't do.(no offence).

Please help me on this!

Nexus 4- now- stock rooted 4.4.3 stock kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-22-50-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-22-50-28.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2014-06-07-22-50-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-22-50-40.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

blttalas

Mar 20, 2012
Ankara
Extract framework res from stock rom and paste to your phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

niranjan_23

Dec 15, 2013
MUMBAI
Frameworkres.apk of 4.4.3?
I flashed 4.4.3 ota... It contains that file. Same prob. What exactly is happening here?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

niranjan_23

Dec 15, 2013
MUMBAI
Extract framework res from stock rom and paste to your phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Also, if i paste, it means delete old and copy new... So just after pasting, the phn reboots and gets stuck at boot anim. Beacuse it reboots before i could change the permissions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app