[Theme] BUUF 1.5 Cyanogen 3.9.10 (8/14/09)

Search This thread

dthadamaja

Feb 10, 2008
Hi Guys

For all that are unfamiliar with BUUF, it is a set of icons made for the desktops. Hopefully i recreated this experience to our beloved Android. All icons are courtesy of its creator Mattahan, the battery was supplied by Mr. Stylo and the clock was made by Rontz. Everything else by me 8) I really hope you guys enjoy this as I have put in quite a lot of time. Up to date we have 550+ icons changed in this theme and these pics really dont reflect the extensive amount of makeover it has gone through. I want to thank Stericson for giving the community and myself a great new hobby. Necromancer for his ubuntu theme which inspired me and everyone should go d/l it 8) Last but not least, Dave the illest for originally supplying the update.zip and the tools necessary to create my first release. Latest build is built from the ground up. If you use any of my icons go right ahead as long as you give me credit 8)

7/9 Sorry guys its been almost 5 months since i last updated this thing. Been so busy with work and now that I'm finally happy with a stable build out there, I decided to finally start porting this thing over. This has only been tested on Cynogen's build 3.6.5 You guys can test it on other builds at ur risk. 8) This is not a full change over as I have done previously in JF builds. I will continue to release new revisions as i have time to update the current icon set. This update may also require that you are running apps2sd as the update file is fairly large. I havent tested it on a non apps2sd build yet so someone can let me know. For now it will only be one color. as the theme gets more complete, I'll release new colors. Ok enjoy 8)

Cynogen 3.6.5

Dark Brown: http://rapidshare.com/files/267403510/buuf3910.zip
link #2

Attachments

• 1233604525261.png
    1233604525261.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,326
  • 1233604667232.png
    1233604667232.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,044
  • 1233604824375.png
    1233604824375.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,893
  • 1233604805945.png
    1233604805945.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,648
Last edited:
Reactions: Ryanmo5

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
looks great. this is going to be the first custom theme i put on my g1

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
WOW! I was gonna request or BUUF or a GANT theme. This looks amazing! I didn't plan on doing a custom theme but I think you just changed my mind!

UnkzDomain

Nov 9, 2008
Louisville
unkzdomain.com
WOW! I was gonna request or BUUF or a GANT theme. This looks amazing! I didn't plan on doing a custom theme but I think you just changed my mind!
I'm working on a theme using the icons from GANT (actually GACK, the OS X version of GANT since it uses PNG icons) if dthadamaja doesn't beat me to it :D

I'm almost done with all the icons, but I still need to add resources like the tab, status bar, battery icons, wifi, a bootscreen, etc. I'm starting from the default RC30 so it won't have any elements of the Windows 7 theme in it, but it will probably have a lot of the default stuff...

I'll make a new post when I'm done, but it will probably end up looking a lot like this since GANT and BUUF are highly similar (but GANT has a bit more gloss to it)

samysam05

Apr 6, 2008
This theme is great! love the flashing.... uuummm alien?? idk what it is but cool. By the Way.... how did u get a game folder?

Last edited:

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Installed the theme with no issues..

Some of the icons are a bit blocky (calendar, browser bookmarks, refresh, etc) though. I hope these get fixed as it moves out of beta.

Great job!

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
I'm working on a theme using the icons from GANT (actually GACK, the OS X version of GANT since it uses PNG icons) if dthadamaja doesn't beat me to it :D

I'm almost done with all the icons, but I still need to add resources like the tab, status bar, battery icons, wifi, a bootscreen, etc. I'm starting from the default RC30 so it won't have any elements of the Windows 7 theme in it, but it will probably have a lot of the default stuff...

I'll make a new post when I'm done, but it will probably end up looking a lot like this since GANT and BUUF are highly similar (but GANT has a bit more gloss to it)

Sweet I had my TyTN II all GANT'ed up so this would make my G1 that much better! Can't wait for a release

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
hey how did you change the unlock pattern for the theme? where were those files located?

is it just in the framework.res folder? and you either tweak the icons given or replace them with your own personal image?

im tryna grasp the whole concept of the phone, im making a theme as well

wanted to try and edit everything, why not, unlike others i have a lot of free time this term in school, so why not

also you said u used the "windows-step by step" instructions to sign and create your app? i am having troubles with the signing of the apk

rsfaze

Jan 14, 2007
Orlando, Fl
I was soooooo waiting for the black and white theme but you have renewed my love for GANT. Manhattan the kid that came up with these icons is amazing. I think he was 13 at the time he created the first GANT theme.

Installing as I type :DDD

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
very nice work! Like the lock screen! Keep it up!

Stericson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

For all that are unfamiliar with BUUF, it is a set of icons made for the desktops. Hopefully i recreated this experience to our beloved Android. All icons are courtesy of its creator Mattahan, the battery was supplied by Mr. Stylo and the clock was made by Rontz. Everything else by me 8) I really hope you guys enjoy this as I have put in quite a lot of time. Up to date we have 550+ icons changed in this theme and these pics really dont reflect the extensive amount of makeover it has gone through. I want to thank Stericson for giving the community and myself a great new hobby. Necromancer for his ubuntu theme which inspired me and everyone should go d/l it 8) Last but not least, Dave the illest for originally supplying the update.zip and the tools necessary to create my first release. Latest build is built from the ground up. If you use any of my icons go right ahead as long as you give me credit 8)

7/9 Sorry guys its been almost 5 months since i last updated this thing. Been so busy with work and now that I'm finally happy with a stable build out there, I decided to finally start porting this thing over. This has only been tested on Cynogen's build 3.6.5 You guys can test it on other builds at ur risk. 8) This is not a full change over as I have done previously in JF builds. I will continue to release new revisions as i have time to update the current icon set. This update may also require that you are running apps2sd as the update file is fairly large. I havent tested it on a non apps2sd build yet so someone can let me know. For now it will only be one color. as the theme gets more complete, I'll release new colors. Ok enjoy 8)

Cynogen 3.6.5

Dark Brown: http://rapidshare.com/files/267403510/buuf3910.zip
    link #2