ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image v1.6 3/8/2010

Search This thread

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
Kids, don't be a fool, stay in school.

TRANSLATION -

"Ok, I'm flashing it now... Flashed it... Booting into recovery... Pressed ALT+L to show the menu (I really think you should mention that the user needs to do this in your OP).

Also it would be nice if I had to press a button to confirm an operation before it actually executes, like how on most recovery images you have to press HOME to confirm a wipe, etc.
Other than that, I'm impressed and I was able to go into console. That's major for some people."

:p :p :p
He didn't say he was able to go into console. He asked if that could be added because its major for some people. People are Idiots. Especially for trying to make fun of someone because of the way they talk.

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Is it just me, or is 1.8.1.4 recovery image for the G1 is a bit messed up? I flashed it via the ROM Manager app, and when attempting to reboot to recovery my phone wouldn't get past the "T-Mobile G1" logo. The normal boot works fine, but it looks like the recovery partition was hosed.

Had to revert back to 1.8.1.3.

chris6551

Sep 27, 2009
Nice

I think this is great, the only thing that is keeping me from using it is the fact that I cant partition my sdcard, and I have tried it before and after changing roms im back to my normal recovery image. other than that I love the rom manager and recovery img.

xaueious

Dec 17, 2009
Toronto
No support for Rogers Dream :(

32A Magic recovery booted up but was not compatible with my phone, resulted in an SPL lock fixable only by reflashing.

Che123

Aug 18, 2009
I really love this recovery image, but i miss the console, which i had in the RA-recovery

corp769

Feb 8, 2009
yea the latest isn't the greatest on my phone either. i had to revert back to the 1.8.1.3 version via fastboot mode. the 1.8.1.4 version wouldnt let me access recovery mode.

realcyberbob

Apr 10, 2009
I just went from RA Recovery 1.6.2 to Clockwork 1.8.1.4, but after the flash it didn't let me get into recovery. I then ran "fix permissions" but it didn't fix the problem. So then I went to 1.8.1.3 since people said it was working, but I still couldn't get into recovery. So I switched back to RA Recovery 1.6.2 and I still have the problem of not being able to get into recovery. Can anybody help?

Edit: I flashed RA Recovery 1.6.2 again even though I supposedly already flashed it, and now I can get into recovery. I would like to use Clockwork, does anybody know why I can't get into recovery Clockwork? I tried 1.8.1.4, 1.8.1.3, and 1.8.0.8 and none let me into recovery.

Last edited:
I just went from RA Recovery 1.6.2 to Clockwork 1.8.1.4, but after the flash it didn't let me get into recovery. I then ran "fix permissions" but it didn't fix the problem. So then I went to 1.8.1.3 since people said it was working, but I still couldn't get into recovery. So I switched back to RA Recovery 1.6.2 and I still have the problem of not being able to get into recovery. Can anybody help?
+1 Its really annoying, id love to use Clockwork Recovery, just wanted to note that I am using the CM5 Test series on my dream

cosmique

Oct 30, 2009
Berlin

Edit: I flashed RA Recovery 1.6.2 again even though I supposedly already flashed it, and now I can get into recovery. I would like to use Clockwork, does anybody know why I can't get into recovery Clockwork? I tried 1.8.1.4, 1.8.1.3, and 1.8.0.8 and none let me into recovery.

agreed, i had almost the same problem

I just went from RA Recovery 1.6.2 to Clockwork 1.8.1.4, but after the flash it didn't let me get into recovery.

i got an endless boot and the phone didnt boot anymore - so i did a factory reset and installed / flashed all new.

Now I have RA Recovery 1.6.2 back and all is running :)

d33dvb

Sep 30, 2007
Google Pixel 4a
Samsung Galaxy S21
Not sure I am even being helpful, but I have the manager downloaded, and when I clicked backup rom, it rebooted to the mt3g screen and hung. If I rebooted, holding home to enter recovery, it would hang, if I rebooted without holding home, it would boot, I flashed recovery again through the manager and was then able to boot to recovery, have done successful backups from recovery since.

ThR1LL

Apr 8, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm using just the recovery found in the link from the Cyan 5 thread and I was wondering am I that retarded or is there no console option in this recovery and does reboot recovery through adb not work while in recovery

Tony_SpaZ

Feb 9, 2010
With no console option, I have to opt out on this recovery. Truth be told, that's the only thing holding me back.

During my brief use of this recovery, however, I noticed a slight graphical bug; It seems that (with a G1) the scrolling bar wants to go off the screen far too often. For example, if I am to try and flash from SD and scroll up (looping scroll and whatever) the selection highlight will be off the screen, forcing me to scroll up and back down a couple times. Alongside this, it seemed the debug(?) text on the bottom was printing over the divider line.

Minor graphical problems, but worth reporting, yeh? And good work so far. :)

Vez02

Jul 23, 2009
Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge
i flashed the clockwork recovery a day ago and i tried going in the recovery but its just stuck at the tmobile g1 logo..its not bricked cause i was able to start it up normal..just cant go to recovery..any ideas..pls help!

Schneekette

Apr 30, 2009
Dont know what I am doing wrong, but when I open the manager i got a message that the manager needs root access. I did the telnetd stuff so I must have root access. Or am I wrong?

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Seriously... add a console like everyone else has. Please! I don't really need it because "adb shell" from my PC works fine, but it is still nice to know it is there for mobile hacking.

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
i flashed the clockwork recovery a day ago and i tried going in the recovery but its just stuck at the tmobile g1 logo..its not bricked cause i was able to start it up normal..just cant go to recovery..any ideas..pls help!

I am having the same problem here. Please help.

solutions here
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/961-recoveryfixed-unable-to-reboot-to-recovery/

my personal recommended solution here
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...ot-to-recovery/page__view__findpost__p__21996

unkleremis

Dec 12, 2008
Denver, CO