Training the launch phrase

Search This thread

Pwnicorn

Apr 27, 2013
DC
I'm sure most people know this, but who knows. Just wanted to share that when you train the launch phrase for touchless controls (Okay Google Now) you can have it set to respond to just saying okay Google and leaving off the 'now' part. The training part may give you a few ??? but just redo it until it gives you 3 check marks and then you just have to say 'okay Google' for touchless.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I'm sure most people know this, but who knows. Just wanted to share that when you train the launch phrase for touchless controls (Okay Google Now) you can have it set to respond to just saying okay Google and leaving off the 'now' part. The training part may give you a few ??? but just redo it until it gives you 3 check marks and then you just have to say 'okay Google' for touchless.

You will likely find the touchless control triggers to ambient noise and random conversation etc when trained for the shorter phrase.

Reactions: rocketsaucev2

trrubicon06

Oct 25, 2011
You will likely find the touchless control triggers to ambient noise and random conversation etc when trained for the shorter phrase.

This^

I had it trained to do the same thing, buy it would randomly activate from words other then "Ok Google". Kind of embarrassing, because I always tell people how great this phone is...but then it would activate out of no where lol.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Mayze23

Aug 1, 2010

+1^ I initially trained mine to respond to "Hey Google Now" instead of "Ok Google Now". While it did work using that phrase, the touchless control would trigger constantly to my voice during random conversations. Once I re-trained it to respond to "Ok Google Now" I haven't had touchless control go off randomly.

xal33x

Sep 30, 2010
I trained my touch less control to "Okay google now" and it has been going off randomly forever.

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Since day one I trained mine for "OK Google" without the Now. Admittedly, mine will go off randomly, but it's extremely rare. It's normally if I say "OK ..." and another 2-syllable word but that doesn't happen very often. As far as random ambient noise, it never responds to that.

ForSquirel

May 7, 2013
I trained my touch less control to "Okay google now" and it has been going off randomly forever.

I found that it helps to train it in a nice quiet spot like a closet. Something without ambient noise, echo, or anything. Mine would just go off while the tv was playing and on more than one occasion called a number it shouldn't. Initially I had mine trained for 'Ok Moo Cow' and it worked great but the ambient noise was making it damn near unusable.

emailrob

Nov 19, 2012
My British friend can set mine off. I'm British. But my American friends cannot. :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

bso44

Oct 2, 2010
Since day one I trained mine for "OK Google" without the Now. Admittedly, mine will go off randomly, but it's extremely rare. It's normally if I say "OK ..." and another 2-syllable word but that doesn't happen very often. As far as random ambient noise, it never responds to that.

Same here but I can't remember the last time it went off randomly. It's probably happened once or twice since I retrained it months ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.