[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

yesshh

Jan 16, 2011
mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App

I think I am going with the Note for TMobile as well. I talked to customer service the other day and they said it was close to being released, but not available yet. I don't mind purchasing one now if it comes with ICS, it seems like the specs on the TMobile version could be fine for another year or two.

Sent from my HTC T-Mobile G2 using XDA

KReasy

Dec 27, 2010
Eugene
Id like to hold off the see what other LTE phones Sprint rolls out, but god knows that could be a few years.. :eek: Galaxy Nexus is the safe bet up to this point

moomingstarz

Apr 21, 2012
I just got the Galaxy Nexus so I wont be seeing a new phone for at least two years... Maybe the Galaxy S5 or something. Heh

fisherwei

Sep 30, 2010
Beijing
now, i am using galaxy nexus.

the galaxy iii is a candidate, but i prefer galaxy beam if samsung can release a new model that bases ics/jb. :)

strawww

Feb 11, 2012
I think i will wait a year or two before buying a new cellphone. Nexus S is fine for my needs ( for now ). I want to use my next cellphone like a PC so it'll need a bit more power and be battery friendly.

Harry_Y

Apr 27, 2012
NY
I am not sure what phone I will be buying but since being introduced
to Android it will most likely be an Android based phone.

Weather I will stick wit AT&T is yet to be to be determined
That decision will play a part in what phone I purchase next.

icepally

Mar 19, 2010
ID
Right now i'm sporting the T-MO variant of the SGSII, the SGH-T989 and I love it. I don't see much point in upgrading at the moment, but I am considering the Galaxy Nexus. I won't jump ship when the SGSIII drops simply because I don't think it's worth it when the SGS2 was is not that old.

Though if I do upgrade for anything it will be pure google this time around, either the next Nexus phone later this year or the nexus.

broad_st_bully

Aug 25, 2011
Philadelphia
www.illadelink.com
was REAL close to falling victim to buying an iPhone 4s today, switching from an OG Evo...luckily I read most of the customer reviews & saw all the issues and decided against it...caught a glimpse of the Galaxy Nexus and had to have it....if anyone is on the fence with it do yourself a favor and get it...it's crazy...

Anton2012

May 2, 2012
Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II. Know that it is not a top smartphone nowadays, but it would suit perfectly for my needs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got the Edge 30 Ultra for 430€ - it was a long search, but its a very good choice for that money in Europe/AT.

Hello, I need some advice for a new phone.I was fine with my old g6 play until he broke(charging iusses).
    I need it for 3 usage:
    -daily driver
    -my app development and debug( not published on the store so I don't care about android version).
    -I want to try to build my own ROM as described in some tutorials here on xda.
    So main feature that I'm looking:
    - easy unlockable bootloader
    -better if the it's not exotic so maybe it will be easy to port lineage os or others.
    -Not too big (5 inch g6 play was fine, but I won't 7 inch display in my pocket!!)
    -decent photo, speed and battery usage.
    -compass
    -I don't care about software update etc.
    -price: I hope under 250€

What about the Moto G84?

You can get it for 200€, nice SOC, its not a no-name brand - pure Android,
    Qualcomm SoC - so there will be a lot custom ROMs.

Help me choose between budget Samsung and older Xperia

I always tended to buy second hand devices and really liked Xperias, my last phone was XA2 which I was able to utilise for long thanks to LineageOS. But since my banking app and NFC payments stopped working, and I don't have inclination anymore to tinker endlessly with safetynet etc., I decided to get a new device.

So first I went looking for something usable for around $100 (I know, pretty low budget, but that's me haha), and since I had bought previously a Samsung A14 for my girlriend and she's happy with it, I went for one too (4G version, new). After using it for a few weeks, I'm quite impressed with One UI over stock Android, and it's good to know there will be updates (I think it's going to get Android 15). What I'm not sure about is the size, I'm used to small phones, but then again having a big screen is nice as well. I don't watch much youtube on phone though. The phone has only 4GB RAM though and does lag sometimes. I'm fairly basic user overall, just need phone for messages and calls, ocassional photos and yt. Also I noticed. for some reason the smart lock (exten unlock) is kind of unreliable, which is annoying. Also sound quality is lacking, even after installing third party equalizer.

So I kept thinking, maybe I should get somehing second-hand with better specs, andI really like small phones, so I went looking on ebay and ended up getting an Xperia 10 III at good price. I like the specs better - OLED, 6GB RAM, feels more snappy, but it runs on Android 13 (I was suprised not to see much customisation from Sony like in older Xperias). Still fairly recent. Weird form factor though, I think it's 21:9, but I like it.

So now I'm stuck with these 2 phones and can't decide which to keep. Which one in the long run will be more reliable and less headache? Any recommendations? (edit: I'm not planning to use them for longer than say 2 years).

You can buy the G42 for about 115€ - maybe you should look into that phone:

And for about 155€ you can get the G72:

Mostly pure Android, no ads, will serve you well.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.

Its a bit older phone, but still nice.
    Bit smaller screen size, smaller battery, less RAM, but a better camera, OTG support, and should get Android 14 too.

If the price is right, lower than G84, and you like the phone, go for it.

If the price is the same, and the camera is not in your focus, then get the G84 because it has an amasing battery life, microSD expansion is very nice too.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.