[RUMOR] 4.4.2 KitKat Update

Search This thread

Nucleartx

Jan 2, 2010
Temple, TX
http://www.android.gs/samsung-galax...e-to-arrive-by-the-end-of-march-says-insider/

Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update to Arrive by the End of March, Says Insider
Galaxy S4 Note 3 Android 4.4
Samsung has already pushed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy Note 3 users, and, judging by the recently-leaked test builds, the Galaxy S4 KitKat update is around the corner. But how about the Sammy’s 2012 flagships? When will the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 get some KitKat love? According to a Samsung insider, the company will release the Android 4.4.2 update for Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 by the end of March.
In an attempt to find out when the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 will receive the highly-anticipated Android 4.4.2 update, we’ve got in touch with a Samsung software engineer that was able to confirm for us that both devices will be updated to KitKat “in late Q1 2014, soon after the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 roll out.” He also said that the user interface changes will be minor and that the update will not bring any new software features.
Of course, you will be able to taste the KitKat-specific goodies, like transparent status bar, new printing feature in settings, and the new full-screen immerse mode.
The Android 4.4 update for Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 will be rolled out in phases, meaning that it will not be available for everybody right away. For example, the US carriers are known for being at least one-month late to the update parties, so don’t start hitting the Check for updates button yet.

Wonder if it will really happen.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I've seen the "news" of the s3 getting kk, but only international s3. So many variants, I wish they'd be more specific about it. With our ahole carriers having last say, I'm not holding my breath for AT&T to give it. No money in it for them. Especially with the s5 release right around the corner.

Coonman

Jan 27, 2013
AT&T gave us 4.3 because Samsung had just released Galaxy Gear, which would require 4.3, and Samsung was pushing carriers to update. There is currently no reason for AT&T to update and no reason for Samsung to urge them to do so. I have no expectations of an AT&T update to 4.4, but if it somehow happens, be prepared to accept that it will be the last update your phone will receive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: pre4speed

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
They will not likely give 4.4 because the main reason for 4.3 was too sell galaxy gear. Now that there is no additional incentive for profit from the phone, they will target people to upgrade to a newer model.

Reactions: pre4speed

k29er

Jan 2, 2013
Don't think so. kitkat looks to be a completely different thing than 4.3. cm has not released a stable version yet for the d2att. could be a lot more work to get it functional.

bogdaryl

Jul 13, 2012
Bogalusa
I don't think AT&T will throw the S3 anymore updates, I'm not even using the most recent one. Wouldn't download to my phone. Oh well running Quantum v2. Not planning on buying a Galaxy Gear so no biggie. Just my thoughts....

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I was talking with AT&T repair regarding my phone freezing when switching from portrait to landscape since the 4.3 OTA and they told me they were not aware of a fix coming out for this, but that 4.4 will probably come out in a couple months and it may replace whatever is causing the problem. When I went to the Samsung Experience center to let them force the OTA onto my phone again to see if that would fix the issue, that tech said the same thing about 4.4 coming out, but he thought my freeze issue is hardware related.

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
It was released very quickly...especially since the U.S. carriers released so quickly on par with the international version. The update was purely profit motivated. This is why the international version ran into so many issues upon initial release. Samsung was so worried about profits from galaxy gear that they never thoroughly tested the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is absolutely no way this is going to happen. AT&T will never give us the latest version of android.
    AT&T gave us 4.3 because Samsung had just released Galaxy Gear, which would require 4.3, and Samsung was pushing carriers to update. There is currently no reason for AT&T to update and no reason for Samsung to urge them to do so. I have no expectations of an AT&T update to 4.4, but if it somehow happens, be prepared to accept that it will be the last update your phone will receive.

They will not likely give 4.4 because the main reason for 4.3 was too sell galaxy gear. Now that there is no additional incentive for profit from the phone, they will target people to upgrade to a newer model.