What are you looking for in a rom?

Search This thread

CovXX

Dec 30, 2011
NJ
I'm currently deciding to bring back my old rom series 'Super Charged Wiz' from the dead for the note 3 but I wanna hear what the community would like in a stock rom?

amebiasis

Feb 22, 2011
Montrose, CO/ Vero Beach, FL
I'm currently deciding to bring back my old rom series 'Super Charged Wiz' from the dead for the note 3 but I wanna hear what the community would like in a stock rom?

I think it was in Ricks Rom a TW base but it had a theme manager of sorts with downloadable themes which was pretty nice and WiFi tether and flashlight toggles baked into the Rom not having to flash after as an add on. If I think of more I'll let ya know!

nyjumpman

Aug 16, 2012
NYC
Went back to CleanROM myself even though it's no longer being updated

Loved nitro's eclipserom but ran into a couple of glitches and wanted something with more stability

anticloud

Mar 25, 2014
Chicago Area
what I'd like to see...

I would like to see someone integrate the older location settings features - specifically, allowing the device to do a true GPS "hardware only" feature. Right now, with 4.3 and 4.4.2 on verizon anyway, it says GPS only, but it's not - it is so tethered to Verizon wireless location services. and it's all downhill from there - besides, the claim that carriers / samsung make that there is more precision when using google / verizon etc is pure bunk... garbage. there is more margin of error in data-based location services than true-GPS 10ft of accuracy and a decent maps-on-board GPS period - a great application example is co-pilot, which allows maps on your card, and will use hardware only GPS - if toggled.

my issues with provider based services are the following -

a. provider based location services consume data
b. provider based services are subject to collection (your whereabouts) and marketing - it becomes a manipulative marketing tool.

Finally - there are applications, like power toggles and most of the nfc software that are designed to allow hardware only GPS toggling, yet the location settings in the phone don't (even if it says they are GPS only, it;s not..)

i'd like to see the older option returned.

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
honestly you should start with porting the s5 rom to the note 3. There's a ported s5 rom on the galaxy note 3 section. We currently have some great roms on the verizon note 3.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
been super happy with what @hsbadr has been doing with Jasmine over here

his next stop is a full S5 port and has update speeds from user input faster then i have ever seen.

great dev!