[Q] Good for Enterprise crashes when Xposed is enabled

Search This thread

Slappy_G

Apr 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Hi folks...

I am using a T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 (jellybean) and the latest Xposed Framework 2.7.1 (for reference, I did also try 2.4 through 2.5.1, with the same results).

I have installed the "Good for Enterprise" application to access my organization's email system. Our policy does NOT restrict use of root, so my issue is NOT with the fact that I am rooted.

However, whenever I enable the framework, even with NO modules enabled, launching Good crashes the app right after I enter my password into it. This is 100% repeatable. If I disable Xposed and reboot, Good works perfectly. This is also 100% repeatable.

I have looked through the logcat output and don't know what to look for, as I see a good amount of recurring debug messages. Any suggestions for how to proceed? Also, is it possible to blacklist an application so Xposed does not try to hook only that app?

Any suggestions are appreciated, and please remember that my organization does NOT restrict root via Good policy, so I don't have to worry about RootCloak, etc.

Thanks folks!

- SG

visualmog

Oct 16, 2010
Xposed Framework Causes Good Mobile Messaging to not function

Hey there, not sure if there is anything that you can do about this but I wanted your input:

For some reason when I activate the xposed installer framework (my Verizon HTC One Max is running the most recent version of the NuSenseSix rom), it causes an app I have installed called "Good for Enterprise" to stop functioning. (Good for Enterprise is used for corporate email). if I disable the framework, then the app functions normally. Is there any way you can give me some advice or a resolution regarding this? the framework version I am running is 2.6.1

Thanks,

visualmog

Oct 16, 2010
Hi folks...

I am using a T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 (jellybean) and the latest Xposed Framework 2.7.1 (for reference, I did also try 2.4 through 2.5.1, with the same results).

I have installed the "Good for Enterprise" application to access my organization's email system. Our policy does NOT restrict use of root, so my issue is NOT with the fact that I am rooted.

However, whenever I enable the framework, even with NO modules enabled, launching Good crashes the app right after I enter my password into it. This is 100% repeatable. If I disable Xposed and reboot, Good works perfectly. This is also 100% repeatable.

I have looked through the logcat output and don't know what to look for, as I see a good amount of recurring debug messages. Any suggestions for how to proceed? Also, is it possible to blacklist an application so Xposed does not try to hook only that app?

Any suggestions are appreciated, and please remember that my organization does NOT restrict root via Good policy, so I don't have to worry about RootCloak, etc.

Thanks folks!

- SG

I am experiencing the exact same issue with good and my device. If I keep the framework disabled, good for enterprise works perfectly. As soon as I enable the framework and reboot, good hangs every time when attempting to connect after putting in my password and then just force quits back to the home screen.

I opened a seperate thread regarding the issue not seeing this thread until after I had already posted. I am hopeful that a resolution can be found. I have a Verizon HTC One Max, rooted with NuSenseSix Rom. I have also verified that they do not block access to good when it detects a rooted device. And as stated before, it functions normally on my rooted device as long as I keep the framework disabled.

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Please describe in detail what you mean with "stop functioning". Does it crash? Please provide a logcat of the error.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I have merged these two threads. As mentioned, please post a logcat. A blacklist to avoid "loading" Xposed is not possible, because Xposed is initialized at system start and "inherited" by all apps.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I am experiencing the excact same behaviour as stated in the OP, and are working under the same conditions (rooted rom with latest xposed and NO anti-root policy). I would LOVE to help providing logcats, and i happen to be part of the IT department enforcing Good, so i can really test this (they wont blacklist me).

I will produce som logcat for you, any advice on how to best do this? Otherwise i will just throw something at best effort :good: :laugh:

Update: Back with a log, see attatched.
I started Catlog (app), pressed home and launched GFE. I then entered my password, and the app crashed. After this i clicked the shortcut on my launcher to start (resume) catlog, and paused the logging. I then exported the whole thing to the attatched textfile. The loglevel is Verbose.

If any system information is needed, other than those in the log file, please ask.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Attachments

• gfe.txt
    490 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks. I don't see any crash/exception of the application there. Is it a normal crash ("<app> has stopped working" or whatever that message says)? If so, can you get the stack trace from it?

But what I noticed is that you have at least one module with quite verbose output (all those lines with "Xposed" tag, they don't come from the framework). Could you please make sure that it crashes even without any active modules?

Reactions: TwinAdk

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Thanks. I don't see any crash/exception of the application there. Is it a normal crash ("<app> has stopped working" or whatever that message says)? If so, can you get the stack trace from it?

But what I noticed is that you have at least one module with quite verbose output (all those lines with "Xposed" tag, they don't come from the framework). Could you please make sure that it crashes even without any active modules?
I will deactivate all modules and re-take the log. It still crashes, that's for sure. When i will screen record the crash, it's not a stopped working crash, the app just closes with it's 'switch to launcher animation'. Once reopened it loads from scratch.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Back with log of crash two times in a row, and screen record of working and failing good app. Notice that good cannot he screen recorded, hence the black screen when I'm inside the app. After the working recording I enabled xposed framework and rebooted.

Video and log here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrkivu9u0k4u2od/AAA5io6UfphGumblJCduRp8da
When you got the files, tell me, I'll remove them from dropbox then.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

visualmog

Oct 16, 2010
Twin, thanks for uploading the log files and the sharing the videos. i've been super busy and haven't had a chance to do this. what you are showing in your videos is exactly what is happening on my device when the framework is enabled (with no modules enabled/loaded). good prompts for my password and then force quits back to the home screen. it does this over and over again until I disable the framework and restart my device. then good functions normally.

Rovo, let me know if you need me to also supply logs from my device, or if what twin provided is enough to troubleshoot this.

thanks,

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
No problem, i know that far too well :) The phone having the problem is a HTC One, m7_ul, running the AICP project rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632667

I also have an Samsung xCover 2 i can test it on (the wifes) and the former phone, the HTC One X, running a similair AICP rom, in a slightly older version. If this has any intereset, let me know. It would

Also, it occured to me, the Good app also hangs during the initial setup of Good (you have to pair the Good app with your company, by entereing your email address and a one-time key. This is done upon starting the app for the first time).. It has a process where it, after the email and onetime key is submitted, will "log in" - "check stuff" [NOT root policies etc i believe] - "preforms the secure connection" [between phone and company] - "fetches corporate settings" (this is the step where it freezes with XPosed enabled, hence never allowing the initial setup to complete) - "saving settings" [initial setup done, the app loads, if no xposed is present].

Are you interested in a logcat of that process aswell? I am quite sure its the same thing stopping the app from working.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

EDIT: I just realised the video of the Good app working, was unable to play anywhere else than on my phone, so i screenrecorded it playing on my phone, and posted the screenrecord of a screenrecord to dropbox :)

Last edited:
Reactions: visualmog

visualmog

Oct 16, 2010
you are correct, if i uninstall good and attempt to reinstall while the framework is enabled, it hangs on "retrieving corporate settings". If i disable the framework and reinstall, installation completes with no issues and functions normally. Again this is just enabling the framework on my device, not loading or enabling any modules. I am using a verizon htc one max running rooted nusensesix rom

Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Video and log here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrkivu9u0k4u2od/AAA5io6UfphGumblJCduRp8da
When you got the files, tell me, I'll remove them from dropbox then.

Thanks, you can remove them.

This isn't a crash - the app deliberatly goes back to the launcher:
Code:
07-16 22:53:08.172 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity bnds=[540,960][540,960]} from pid 1068
07-16 22:53:08.312 I/ActivityManager(585): Start proc com.good.android.gfe for activity com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity: pid=4604 uid=10161 gids={50161, 3003, 1028, 1015, 1023, 1006}
07-16 22:53:08.943 W/ActivityManager(585): Unable to start service Intent { cmp=com.dell.enterpriseservices/.EnterpriseService } U=0: not found
07-16 22:53:09.633 I/WindowManager(585): Screenshot max retries 4 of Token{41ca04d8 ActivityRecord{41ab9a78 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity t5 f}} appWin=Window{41d18a68 u0 Starting com.good.android.gfe} drawState=4
07-16 22:53:09.643 W/WindowManager(585): Screenshot failure taking screenshot for (1080x1920) to layer 21015
07-16 22:53:09.653 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity (has extras)} from pid 4604
07-16 22:53:09.663 W/ActivityManager(585): startActivity called from finishing ActivityRecord{41ab9a78 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity t5 f}; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity (has extras) }
[B][COLOR="Red"]07-16 22:53:22.687 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.teslacoilsw.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher} from pid 4604[/COLOR][/B]
07-16 22:53:23.208 I/ActivityManager(585): Process com.good.android.gfe (pid 4604) has died.
07-16 22:53:23.208 I/WindowState(585): WIN DEATH: Window{41f2c360 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity}

I have decompiled the app and it indeed has code for that. Unfortunately, they have used Proguard to obfuscate the code, so it's very hard to understand why exactly they show the launcher. Maybe they have detected Xposed or something done by it, or it caused an unexpected situation.

You could try one more thing - disable the Xposed resources APIs in the installer settings and reboot. That disables a good part of Xposed. If that doesn't help, someone would need to analyse the app in detail. I'm saying "someone" because I don't have enough free time for that.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Thanks, you can remove them.

This isn't a crash - the app deliberatly goes back to the launcher:
Code:
07-16 22:53:08.172 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity bnds=[540,960][540,960]} from pid 1068
07-16 22:53:08.312 I/ActivityManager(585): Start proc com.good.android.gfe for activity com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity: pid=4604 uid=10161 gids={50161, 3003, 1028, 1015, 1023, 1006}
07-16 22:53:08.943 W/ActivityManager(585): Unable to start service Intent { cmp=com.dell.enterpriseservices/.EnterpriseService } U=0: not found
07-16 22:53:09.633 I/WindowManager(585): Screenshot max retries 4 of Token{41ca04d8 ActivityRecord{41ab9a78 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity t5 f}} appWin=Window{41d18a68 u0 Starting com.good.android.gfe} drawState=4
07-16 22:53:09.643 W/WindowManager(585): Screenshot failure taking screenshot for (1080x1920) to layer 21015
07-16 22:53:09.653 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity (has extras)} from pid 4604
07-16 22:53:09.663 W/ActivityManager(585): startActivity called from finishing ActivityRecord{41ab9a78 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.LaunchHomeActivity t5 f}; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { cmp=com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity (has extras) }
[B][COLOR="Red"]07-16 22:53:22.687 I/ActivityManager(585): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.teslacoilsw.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher} from pid 4604[/COLOR][/B]
07-16 22:53:23.208 I/ActivityManager(585): Process com.good.android.gfe (pid 4604) has died.
07-16 22:53:23.208 I/WindowState(585): WIN DEATH: Window{41f2c360 u0 com.good.android.gfe/com.good.android.ui.activities.AppLockActivity}

I have decompiled the app and it indeed has code for that. Unfortunately, they have used Proguard to obfuscate the code, so it's very hard to understand why exactly they show the launcher. Maybe they have detected Xposed or something done by it, or it caused an unexpected situation.

You could try one more thing - disable the Xposed resources APIs in the installer settings and reboot. That disables a good part of Xposed. If that doesn't help, someone would need to analyse the app in detail. I'm saying "someone" because I don't have enough free time for that.
See the dropbox folder. I ticked the option and rebooted, then I had same experience and found the shown in the logcat....

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Mornig,

I just noticed that i get a notification from Good, saying that "GFE does not have connection [to the corporate network]. Unlock GFE to initiate the connection". See the screenshot (_20140718_072316.JPG) posted in the dropbox folder. I received this while GFE was unable to open, and it confirms that GFE is indeed running in the background..

I tried to rename the Xposed app in the phone, to test, using xSuite (weak attempt, but you never know). Also, i stripped GFE of some permissions using the App Settings module:

- Read External storage
- Read Logs
- com.dell.enterpriseservices.SET_PROPERTY_THIRDPARTY_APPINSTALL (custom GFE permission added to the manifest i belive). Possibly a permission used for corporate inforced rules (that do not apply here yet, but i still nuked it)

I will try stripping permissions to see where it gets me.

Also, there is this module, - http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.phantasm.xposed.gfesecuritypatcher - but it does not work for me at least.
Then there is this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 - but the "4.3+ xposed way" mentioned in the very first post, is also no good...

I also tested the rootcloak app, where the developer says it may work with GFE, but he needs more testing. It does not.
I fear however, that all these past efforts have been nullified by some recent GFE update, because the case here is that we dont even get to start the program.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

EDIT: Okay, that was quick.. I stripped GFE of EVERY SINGLE permission. This caused it to FC on me the first time. The dump report revealed it needed the WAKE_LOCK permission, so i granted it that and retried.. On the second launch, it returned to my launcher as we have seen before...

In fact, i find this behaviour unacceptable, as my company has NOT decided against Xposed, rooting, etc, and a company could for all we know depend on both GFE and Xposed (unlikely, yes, impossible, no). But GFE seems to be dead set against opening up when Xposed is active.

Would it be possible to intercept and block the return to launcher call to android? Just to see where it gets us? This would require a module, i know.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Okay, i read up on another thread, and found this post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53198439&postcount=833

It states the following:

Information Notification: Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android v2.5 running Android OS v4.4.2 May Encounter Application Restarts After Entering the Password on the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 Device
Date: June 3, 2014

Problem:
Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.5 running Android OS 4.4.2 may encounter application restarts after entering the password on the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 Device. This problem has occurred after upgrading from GMMC for Android version 2.4 to GMMC for Android version 2.5 and with doing a fresh installation of GMMC for Android version 2.5.
Environment:
· Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.5
· Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 devices with Android OS 4.4.2
Please Note:
A re-install of the GFE GMMC Android version 2.5 will not resolve the problem.
Workaround:
Please install the older version of Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.4 on your device and disable the auto update setting for this application.
· Here is the link to get the GFE for Android 2.4 release - https://get.good.com/ea/android/
· It's very important to disable the auto update for the application, so it does not auto update to GFE version 2.5.
o Open the Google Play Store
o Hit Menu (3 dots in the upper right)
o Select Settings
o Uncheck 'Auto-update' apps
FIX:
Good Engineering is currently working on a permanent fix for this issue. We will keep you updated on the availability of the new software version.
If you have questions, please contact our technical support team at 1-408-352-7100, 1-866-448-8458 or submit an online support ticket at www.good.com/gmp.
Thank you,

Provided this information, i downloaded the 2.4 release of GFE, instead of the 2.5 from Google Play Store - and it just works.
After uninstalling 2.5, rebooting and installing 2.4, i can open up GFE with Xposed fully enabled. I also have the GFE Patcher module (http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.phantasm.xposed.gfesecuritypatcher) installed, just in case.. even though my company does not block root.

Summa summarum - It seems we can call off the witch hunt, and conclude that its a bug in 2.5 of GFE causing the issues.
Also, the GFE Patch module seems to work for people with root, and in the thread where i found the bug-info, people are reporting that 2.5 of GFE works, when installed on top of 2.4, via playstore. This is however not the case for me, 2.5 still returns to launcher.
@revo89, thank you for all your time and effort in this matter, and once again, thank you for the xposed framework as a whole, its is a truly amazing piece of art, and my phone is not my phone without it! :good::good:

Last edited:

visualmog

Oct 16, 2010
@twin

You are absolutely correct buddy. After reading your recent update to this thread, I removed and reinstalled w/ GFE 2.4 via the link you provided. that took care of my issue. I can use GFE 2.4 with the framework & modules enabled with no issues. as soon as I upgrade again to 2.5, I start experiencing the same issue as before where it force quits back to the home screen. for now I will use 2.4 until a newer version of GFE is released and will test again with that version. but at least now I have a working solution to the issue.

thanks again for all your time and assistance in troubleshooting this problem.

jrkelley14

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks so much everyone for working on this thread. I run xposed on a Verizon note2 and I have been having this same issue described here. Its been driving me crazy and I've had to live without xposed since this 'bug' arrived. I'll try 2.4 as well and then wait for GFE to fix the newer versions. Thanks again.

insanemal

Mar 19, 2009
Brisbane
I had this issue.. It's rom dependant.

I had one rom on my Note2 that had this issue. But a rooted stock rom does not have this issue.

I'm running a HTC One M8 as of today. It's got rooted stock, it also does not have this issue.

Hope that helps (but yeah 2.4 works, I kept a backup in titanium)

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Indeed, it seems that the rom makes a difference, because some people say it works (2.5), and some doesnt.. :) Must be parts of the rom that is the issue, and that part is used only in some roms :)

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

mgs333

Jan 17, 2009
California
Awesome, this thread was a lifesaver! I couldn't figure out why and kept reinstalling and on the phone with tech support at my company who basically told me to do a hard reset (right....). The older version 2.4 works fine. Thanks TwinAdk!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have the same issue with latest GFE (2.8.0.398). I'm running Note 4 (international N910C) with Xposed 2.6.1.
    Rolling back to previous GFE version (2.7.0.390) did solve the problem.
    If anyone interested in the previous version of GFE, here's the link I received from GFE's support - https://get.good.com/ea/previous.
    Before installing the previous version, you'll need to uninstall the current version (don't forget to disable the Administration for GFE).
    Make sure you disable the Auto-Update for the GFE in the Play Store, as if you don't, the update will be pushed again and you'll have to start all over again ;) as I did.
    Mornig,

I just noticed that i get a notification from Good, saying that "GFE does not have connection [to the corporate network]. Unlock GFE to initiate the connection". See the screenshot (_20140718_072316.JPG) posted in the dropbox folder. I received this while GFE was unable to open, and it confirms that GFE is indeed running in the background..

I tried to rename the Xposed app in the phone, to test, using xSuite (weak attempt, but you never know). Also, i stripped GFE of some permissions using the App Settings module:

- Read External storage
    - Read Logs
    - com.dell.enterpriseservices.SET_PROPERTY_THIRDPARTY_APPINSTALL (custom GFE permission added to the manifest i belive). Possibly a permission used for corporate inforced rules (that do not apply here yet, but i still nuked it)

I will try stripping permissions to see where it gets me.

Also, there is this module, - http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.phantasm.xposed.gfesecuritypatcher - but it does not work for me at least.
    Then there is this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040163 - but the "4.3+ xposed way" mentioned in the very first post, is also no good...

I also tested the rootcloak app, where the developer says it may work with GFE, but he needs more testing. It does not.
    I fear however, that all these past efforts have been nullified by some recent GFE update, because the case here is that we dont even get to start the program.

Kind Regards
    TwinAdk

EDIT: Okay, that was quick.. I stripped GFE of EVERY SINGLE permission. This caused it to FC on me the first time. The dump report revealed it needed the WAKE_LOCK permission, so i granted it that and retried.. On the second launch, it returned to my launcher as we have seen before...

In fact, i find this behaviour unacceptable, as my company has NOT decided against Xposed, rooting, etc, and a company could for all we know depend on both GFE and Xposed (unlikely, yes, impossible, no). But GFE seems to be dead set against opening up when Xposed is active.

Would it be possible to intercept and block the return to launcher call to android? Just to see where it gets us? This would require a module, i know.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Okay, i read up on another thread, and found this post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53198439&postcount=833

It states the following:

Information Notification: Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android v2.5 running Android OS v4.4.2 May Encounter Application Restarts After Entering the Password on the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 Device
    Date: June 3, 2014

Problem:
    Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.5 running Android OS 4.4.2 may encounter application restarts after entering the password on the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 Device. This problem has occurred after upgrading from GMMC for Android version 2.4 to GMMC for Android version 2.5 and with doing a fresh installation of GMMC for Android version 2.5.
    Environment:
    · Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.5
    · Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 devices with Android OS 4.4.2
    Please Note:
    A re-install of the GFE GMMC Android version 2.5 will not resolve the problem.
    Workaround:
    Please install the older version of Good for Enterprise (GFE) Good Mobile Messaging Client (GMMC) for Android version 2.4 on your device and disable the auto update setting for this application.
    · Here is the link to get the GFE for Android 2.4 release - https://get.good.com/ea/android/
    · It's very important to disable the auto update for the application, so it does not auto update to GFE version 2.5.
    o Open the Google Play Store
    o Hit Menu (3 dots in the upper right)
    o Select Settings
    o Uncheck 'Auto-update' apps
    FIX:
    Good Engineering is currently working on a permanent fix for this issue. We will keep you updated on the availability of the new software version.
    If you have questions, please contact our technical support team at 1-408-352-7100, 1-866-448-8458 or submit an online support ticket at www.good.com/gmp.
    Thank you,

Provided this information, i downloaded the 2.4 release of GFE, instead of the 2.5 from Google Play Store - and it just works.
    After uninstalling 2.5, rebooting and installing 2.4, i can open up GFE with Xposed fully enabled. I also have the GFE Patcher module (http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.phantasm.xposed.gfesecuritypatcher) installed, just in case.. even though my company does not block root.

Summa summarum - It seems we can call off the witch hunt, and conclude that its a bug in 2.5 of GFE causing the issues.
    Also, the GFE Patch module seems to work for people with root, and in the thread where i found the bug-info, people are reporting that 2.5 of GFE works, when installed on top of 2.4, via playstore. This is however not the case for me, 2.5 still returns to launcher.
    @revo89, thank you for all your time and effort in this matter, and once again, thank you for the xposed framework as a whole, its is a truly amazing piece of art, and my phone is not my phone without it! :good::good:

Twin, thanks for uploading the log files and the sharing the videos. i've been super busy and haven't had a chance to do this. what you are showing in your videos is exactly what is happening on my device when the framework is enabled (with no modules enabled/loaded). good prompts for my password and then force quits back to the home screen. it does this over and over again until I disable the framework and restart my device. then good functions normally.

Rovo, let me know if you need me to also supply logs from my device, or if what twin provided is enough to troubleshoot this.

thanks,
    No problem, i know that far too well :) The phone having the problem is a HTC One, m7_ul, running the AICP project rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632667

I also have an Samsung xCover 2 i can test it on (the wifes) and the former phone, the HTC One X, running a similair AICP rom, in a slightly older version. If this has any intereset, let me know. It would

Also, it occured to me, the Good app also hangs during the initial setup of Good (you have to pair the Good app with your company, by entereing your email address and a one-time key. This is done upon starting the app for the first time).. It has a process where it, after the email and onetime key is submitted, will "log in" - "check stuff" [NOT root policies etc i believe] - "preforms the secure connection" [between phone and company] - "fetches corporate settings" (this is the step where it freezes with XPosed enabled, hence never allowing the initial setup to complete) - "saving settings" [initial setup done, the app loads, if no xposed is present].

Are you interested in a logcat of that process aswell? I am quite sure its the same thing stopping the app from working.

Kind Regards
    TwinAdk

EDIT: I just realised the video of the Good app working, was unable to play anywhere else than on my phone, so i screenrecorded it playing on my phone, and posted the screenrecord of a screenrecord to dropbox :)