Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
If I select 2G only, will there still be network connectivity? internet and gmail sync? etc?

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
on 2.08 with kernel update 2..

(A) found this issue in camera's exif info:
(1) Make: "QCAM-AA" (was "HUAWEI" in 2.04)
(2) Model: "QCAM-AA" (was "u8800" in 2.04)
(3) Focal Length: <blank> (was "25mm" in 2.04)

date field problem in 2.04 was fixed though..

(B) also, there is a green line on the left-hand-side of the thumbnail pic, but the actual image is fine

Last edited:

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
new problem found with bluetooth..

turned on bluetooth, could see the other device (which was a standalone speaker)..
however, when trying to pair the device it just stayed forever in the "pairing" stage..

tried with iphone 4s and motorola atrix 2, and both worked without problem..

strangel3t

Apr 19, 2012
Hi, sinse 2.07 ive been unable to receive calls. The app just crashes and a popup comes up with a report button. The phone still rings but i dont know who called. If i make a call it works but i cant disconnect because app crashed. Anyone got the same problem? How to fix it? I don't really use calls but i would like to have this solved. Already did a fresh install and nothing.

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
Did you backup the settings of the Phone app using TitaniumBackup and then restored the settings after the fresh install? If yes, clear the data of Phone app.

Masarius

Mar 11, 2012
Rangiora
I've hardly ever used mms but noticed sometimes it doesn't work well when roaming on vodafone but if I'm on the 2 Degrees network it works ok.

When it's not working for you are you roaming on vodafone?

I'm not 100% sure, only noticed it wasn't working when someone at work tried to send me a mms a couple of days ago. I'm certainly roaming on vodafone while I'm at home, and this is where I've done the majority of my attempts to send an mms in the last few days. Not sure if I'm also roaming on vodafone when I'm at work (Christchurch CDB).

My wife's u8800 on Aurora 2.04 is also not receiving mms messages. So I'm guessing that this points more to a general roaming issue rather than a problem strictly with the latest CAF 4.0.4 release.

strangel3t

Apr 19, 2012
Did you backup the settings of the Phone app using TitaniumBackup and then restored the settings after the fresh install? If yes, clear the data of Phone app.
I didn't restore system applications, only other apps that i downloaded. I just found out alarm doesn't work well too. Guess i'm back to 2.04 :S
Do i have to do anything special when going from kernel 3.08 to 2.5 ?

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I didn't restore system applications, only other apps that i downloaded. I just found out alarm doesn't work well too. Guess i'm back to 2.04 :S
Do i have to do anything special when going from kernel 3.08 to 2.5 ?

No just flash the ROM. You may need to wipe data for some apps if they become troublesome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I'm not 100% sure, only noticed it wasn't working when someone at work tried to send me a mms a couple of days ago. I'm certainly roaming on vodafone while I'm at home, and this is where I've done the majority of my attempts to send an mms in the last few days. Not sure if I'm also roaming on vodafone when I'm at work (Christchurch CDB).

My wife's u8800 on Aurora 2.04 is also not receiving mms messages. So I'm guessing that this points more to a general roaming issue rather than a problem strictly with the latest CAF 4.0.4 release.

Check all your apn details.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I have already. Said that in my first post....:p
Sweet, was reading via the xda app and it's hard to go back looking for an older post ;) and also doesn't show user info so didn't realise you're on 2degrees. I know the 2degrees apns are perfect.

What happens if you manually chose 2degrees as the cell operator? Does it connect when you exit airplane mode? Or does it spin out and fail?

Edit: ignore me, i'm getting confused between the various bug reports ;) Can't multi-task well, I'm trying to watch the Hamilton V8's

cturner1

Apr 21, 2012
Auckland
X5 freezing on ideos boot screen

I've just flashed my x5 with the u8800 aurora rom. All went well when flashing, but when I go to boot, I get to the screen saying IDEOS, and it stays there. I've left it alone for 30 minutes, and when I get back, it is still there.
I've already updated Clockwork mod to 5.0.2.7.
It's not a major problem, because oxygen rom is still working, but i'm keen to update to ics, and the MIUI roms dont seem to agree with my phone.

riDDimann

Feb 3, 2012
@cturner1: Did you flash the official 2.3 ROM first? You have to do this first for Aurora to work. There's instructions on how to root and install CWM on official ROM here. Be advised though that SuperOneClick only works up to B526.

Reactions: cturner1

cturner1

Apr 21, 2012
Auckland
Thanks for that

I've just tried that, but I get the same result.
I'm going to have to flash back to oxygen to get my phone going again, but i'll have another crack tommorow if anyone has any other ideas.

Just in case i've gone about this all wrong, this is what I did

1) Flash standard huawei firmware, reboot and shutdown
2) Install clockworkmod 5.0.2.7
3) Flash aurora rom
4) reboot

Thanks in advance

riDDimann

Feb 3, 2012
Why aren't you using CWM 5.5.0.4? If you do all 3 wipes, Aurora is very close to working perfectly right now ;)

Last edited:

riDDimann

Feb 3, 2012
Aurora still needs some improvements, in my case usb storage dont work, even with the kernel updates.

USB has always worked for me, I never had to remove drivers. Just like I still have to experience any reboots or freezes. Lucky me?
Wifi is another story, but that's working like a charm now as well.
Battery drains faster than before, but that could be due to 1) auto brightness which I wasn't using before and 2) increased traffic in ICS and my terribad mobile coverage.

divinex7

Aug 15, 2011
hi.. on my u8800 the default launcher on aurora doesn't show the notifications... i had 2.08 and now i have 2.09 and i cant open the notifications tab.. i slide down and nothing happens.. with go launcher works.. and i've been searching in the threads and no one seems to be having this problem... any ideas?

Top Liked Posts