[CMC-GUI] [DAILY] [PPA] Cyanogenmod Compiler Daily [Depreciated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kenmaples

Aug 28, 2009
After syncing, I get the pop-up saying "Sync is now complete, we can now compile!". When I hit compile, I get a pop-up saying "Need to sync repo before moving forward." the only thing that shows up in the console is "ics" which is the branch I selected when I hit compile.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Edit: Found the issue. I edited cmc.cfg and added "/" to the end of the repo_path string. for some reason the app did not add it, and editing via the app would not save it. I noticed the difference comparing to your screen shot in the OP.

Last edited:

Neejay

Jul 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Little over 300 installs, anyone have any feedback? Is it working? Issues? Bugs? Good/Bad?

Thanks all!
I setup everything and did a sync and it said it was ready to compile. When I compiled, it took like 5 seconds and said it was completed. When I FIRST tried to compile, I didn't have my phone plugged in and I saw where it tried to grab the proprietary stuff or whatever, but couldn't. Ever since then, I haven't been able to compile at all. Is there a way to re-do this portion?

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
I setup everything and did a sync and it said it was ready to compile. When I compiled, it took like 5 seconds and said it was completed. When I FIRST tried to compile, I didn't have my phone plugged in and I saw where it tried to grab the proprietary stuff or whatever, but couldn't. Ever since then, I haven't been able to compile at all. Is there a way to re-do this portion?
To run the adb part it checks for vendor/(man)/(device)/prop

Just remove the device from vendor should automatically run adb.

It should have stopped if the firsts compile didn't see adb connected. Then try again and again until it does. I will look into tonight at home.

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
After syncing, I get the pop-up saying "Sync is now complete, we can now compile!". When I hit compile, I get a pop-up saying "Need to sync repo before moving forward." the only thing that shows up in the console is "ics" which is the branch I selected when I hit compile.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Edit: Found the issue. I edited cmc.cfg and added "/" to the end of the repo_path string. for some reason the app did not add it, and editing via the app would not save it. I noticed the difference comparing to your screen shot in the OP.
Very strange. I will be looking at this tonight as well.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Started pushing v0.2 update for beta 1 should start showing up in the mediafire folder here soon. you will see the bugs fixed on the OP or here

kenmaples

Aug 28, 2009
v0.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 250, in ThemeClicked
sendNoti("Cmc theme", "Default theme has been set", icon)
TypeError: sendNoti() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 253, in ThemeClicked
sendNoti("Cmc theme", "Theme has been set", icon)

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
v0.2
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 250, in ThemeClicked
sendNoti("Cmc theme", "Default theme has been set", icon)
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 253, in ThemeClicked
sendNoti("Cmc theme", "Theme has been set", icon)
That was very very silly of me, here is the fix if you want to apply it locally until I can update this later.

https://github.com/lithid/Cmc-pygtk/commit/c95b19cb400362925abb31c7090438c586e01ddc

Or you can clone the package and compile the deb to update properly.

I am at work and can only build for 32bit

Last edited:

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com
stupid question, when trying to compile i get this error
Code:
There appears to be an issue with your configuration.
Please look at /home/fader/.cmc/cmc-config.

im using linux mint 12

the contents of my cmc-config files are these

Code:
DEVICE_MAN: lge
OSVER: linux_mint
DEVICE_MOD: 970

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
stupid question, when trying to compile i get this error
Code:
There appears to be an issue with your configuration.
Please look at /home/fader/.cmc/cmc-config.

im using linux mint 12

the contents of my cmc-config files are these

Code:
DEVICE_MAN: lge
OSVER: linux_mint
DEVICE_MOD: 970
Doesn't look like a branch is assigned.

Reactions: re4lsk

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
So, this is my first attempt at doing anything such as compiling a rom. So this may not be the best place for me to start. However, I was able to install your compiler on a virtual box. Was play around a lil bit but the virtual box runs slow. So I did a dual boot of ubuntu 11.10 and windows. Well, now I can't install this. Maybe I too noob for this and might need to do some research but maybe you can help if you have time. If not, I totally understand.
'
So, I have the 64bit OS. So I downloaded the 64 bit .deb. I click on it...and the software center just comes up blank. I tried running both scripts in the first post that says "Software for compiling". I installed the git script but it says git++ and git-core commands aren't found. I do have Java installed too.

Anyway, any help is appreciated, but I understand if I don't have enough knowledge or experience to even try this yet.

Thanks

adoldrol

Dec 5, 2010
Nava Asturias
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
So, this is my first attempt at doing anything such as compiling a rom. So this may not be the best place for me to start. However, I was able to install your compiler on a virtual box. Was play around a lil bit but the virtual box runs slow. So I did a dual boot of ubuntu 11.10 and windows. Well, now I can't install this. Maybe I too noob for this and might need to do some research but maybe you can help if you have time. If not, I totally understand.
'
So, I have the 64bit OS. So I downloaded the 64 bit .deb. I click on it...and the software center just comes up blank. I tried running both scripts in the first post that says "Software for compiling". I installed the git script but it says git++ and git-core commands aren't found. I do have Java installed too.

Anyway, any help is appreciated, but I understand if I don't have enough knowledge or experience to even try this yet.

Thanks

I think you can install it running this command sudo dpkg -i cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb.Sorry for my english.

Reactions: lithid-cm

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
'

Thanks
Please try running this with the command suggested up above. This software is intended for anyone to be able to compile their own cyanogenmod rom. Please post any output when installing the deb via terminal.

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
I think you can install it running this command sudo dpkg -i cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb.Sorry for my english.

Says I'm missing all them dependencies. Can't figure out how to download them though. It's all good i'll research it. Don't wanna bug all ya's with my noobishness. I'll post back once i research it more. Thanks for this though lithid.

PS- I went to the clone and tried to install the packages through there (option 2 under set up a repo) and it started going through the script to install the dependencies, but after it got done it still said 18 packages missing.

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Says I'm missing all them dependencies. Can't figure out how to download them though. It's all good i'll research it. Don't wanna bug all ya's with my noobishness. I'll post back once i research it more. Thanks for this though lithid.

PS- I went to the clone and tried to install the packages through there (option 2 under set up a repo) and it started going through the script to install the dependencies, but after it got done it still said 18 packages missing.
Well I am confused. Are you trying to use the GUI or the CLI? I have focused my time on the GUI, sadly I won't really be updating the CLI version. Soon enough it will be removed from OP#2. If anything I would try to install the deb package. Try running these commands where ever you have the .deb located.
Code:
sudo dpkg -i cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb
sudo apt-get install -f

Also,
The reason it doesn't install the deps during the CLI command "dpkg -i" is because dpkg doesn't support deps. If you install "gdebi-core" you can run:
Code:
sudo gdebi cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb
Or you can use the software center.
Hopefully that will help get everything installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: svkr

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing. Anyway, I think I went to the CLI cause after I tried installing it and it didn't work, thought I read that I was missing them dependancies. Anyway, I'm going to bed ill let ya know when I wake up if I fixed it wit apt-get install -f and a reboot. Thanks for all the help.

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
Well I am confused. Are you trying to use the GUI or the CLI? I have focused my time on the GUI, sadly I won't really be updating the CLI version. Soon enough it will be removed from OP#2. If anything I would try to install the deb package. Try running these commands where ever you have the .deb located.
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

Also,
The reason it doesn't install the deps during the CLI command "dpkg -i" is because dpkg doesn't support deps. If you install "gdebi-core" you can run:
Code:
Or you can use the software center.
Hopefully that will help get everything installed.

Code:
porkchop@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb
(Reading database ... 163609 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace cmc 0.1 (using cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement cmc ...
Setting up cmc (0.1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
porkchop@ubuntu:~$

And I don't see the file anywhere.I've done all 3 scripts.
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

I have installed gdebi and ran
Code:

Still don't see where it would have installed the compiler, if it even did it. :(

NOTE: Obviously this is a me problem and not your script problem. Appreciate the help you are giving me.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Code:
porkchop@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb
(Reading database ... 163609 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace cmc 0.1 (using cmc-11.10-64-v0.2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement cmc ...
Setting up cmc (0.1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
porkchop@ubuntu:~$

And I don't see the file anywhere.I've done all 3 scripts.
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

I have installed gdebi and ran
Code:

Still don't see where it would have installed the compiler, if it even did it. :(

NOTE: Obviously this is a me problem and not your script problem. Appreciate the help you are giving me.
Open unity and should be in accessories, or use dash and type cmc should pop up. In the terminal if you just type cmc <enter> what happens?

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
Open unity and should be in accessories, or use dash and type cmc should pop up. In the terminal if you just type cmc <enter> what happens?

Had to install:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs \
  x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z-dev \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown \
  libxml2-utils

Not sure I needed all that but before i did that and typed cmc it said unknown command. I think. Heh. Anyway, it's all working now! As far as opening it. Now I have to dive into it and see if i can figure this out.

THANKS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
    Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

1ZFWd.png

Known issues:
    - Currently no multi-threading, which means when you press sync or compile, there is no loading bar (app looks like its failing, its not.). I am working on that.
    (If you want to watch the output of the sync or compile, just open a terminal and type "cmc", I log all to the system.)
    - When locking the CMCompiler to the unity launcher you have to logout and log back in refer: ubuntu bug 916098
    - Currently there isn't great error logic and dialogs to warn you about everything. Something that is still being working on. Just run from the terminal if you have an issue that you need to report.
    - Missing make clean and make installclean. These will be added in the future.

Found bugs to fix v0.1:
    - No "/" at the end of custom repo string path.
    - Error checking for compile start

*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
    I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
    Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
    sudo apt-get update

Install daily dev builds:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-daily

Install beta builds:

Note: Not yet available.
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-beta
    Install stable builds:
    Note: Not yet available.
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler
    Note: You cannot have daily and stable at the same time. You can only use either or.

Source code | Bugs | Answers
    Build info:
    daily-builds

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg

IjnVz.jpg

121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMCompiler) HALP!

Error Codes:
    Error: Need to sync first - After choosing compile, the program didn't find the needed .repo folder in your repo path. This assumes you never ran sync, so you never downloaded the code. You could have also renamed the .repo folder to something else, which would cause this error as well.
    Error: device not found - Your device was not found in the repo, might be unsupported.
    Error: Adb isn't running - First time running compile, you will need to have your phone connected and ADB running in order to pull off needed files from your phone.
    Error: Extract-files came back False - This means a script called extract-files.sh failed to pull off those needed files from your phone.
    Error: Compile error please check - This indicates that your build failed. You will need to run cmcompiler via terminal to get why.
    Error: Repo Script needs setup - You don't have the repo script installed. Install it.
    Code:
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
    chmod a+x ~/repo
    sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo
    Error: No device configured - Appears there is no device configured, just select one from the setup menu.

Removing old ppa:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove cmcompiler-daily
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:long-jeremie/ppa
    About Cmcompiler CLI
    ** If you are still using the CLI version, I have not updated it in sometime. I might get back to that but for right now the gui is my main focus. Please understand. You could always clone and make edits to the CLI here
    for anyone still following, some big things are about to happen to cmc.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103024643047948973176/albums/5731412329610445089
    I know I haven't been updating the github code in a few days but that is because I have been working on a pretty decent update.

2in8t.png

Instead of the one interface and items branched off, this will be one unified Cyanogenmod Compiler. Each page will explain what the option is that you are choosing. If there are commands, it will show you them, this new update will actually teach you how to compile a rom without a gui, just by following the steps. This isn't just a walk through. It will be just like the old "setup" dialog I had, except with more information. I really hope you guys will enjoy the new update coming in the next few days.

Thank you.
    I have released the Beta v0.1 of the CMC GUI. Please be gentle if you run into issues. Been trying very hard to test everything I can.

Thanks!

READ THE OP