[Q] How can I root my Nexus 7?

Search This thread

bigboolean

Mar 13, 2014
Hey, I'm new here, and I wanted to know what is the best method for an absolute beginner on device rooting to learn how to root m Nexus 7 2012? So what tutorials are recommended for a someone who never rooted before? I wanted to use apps like market helper, gamekeyboard, and playstation mobile. So what are some tutorials for noobs on how to root a Neuxs 7 2012 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat?

PrizmaticSmoke

Jan 29, 2014
Hey, I'm new here, and I wanted to know what is the best method for an absolute beginner on device rooting to learn how to root m Nexus 7 2012? So what tutorials are recommended for a someone who never rooted before? I wanted to use apps like market helper, gamekeyboard, and playstation mobile. So what are some tutorials for noobs on how to root a Neuxs 7 2012 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat?

Check out Wug's Toolkit here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

This is probably the easiest most noob friendly way, and there is lots of information provided as well in his FAQs.

Reactions: bigboolean

bigboolean

Mar 13, 2014
Okay I rooted my tablet, but how can I flash .zip files so I can install playstation mobile? I did install the CW mod when I clicked the root button. Do I just go to the boot loader and select recovery?

PrizmaticSmoke

Jan 29, 2014
Yes you will boot into recovery to flash mods or new ROMs. Make a full backup first before you flash anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check out Wug's Toolkit here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

This is probably the easiest most noob friendly way, and there is lots of information provided as well in his FAQs.