WiFi failed to connect. Speed to slow.

Search This thread

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to wifi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My wifi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that wifi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to WiFi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My WiFi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that WiFi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.

.....have the gym reset their router..... cause if you can still connect to other WiFi out there then i think it less of your phone and more of the router at fault here

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

my only other suggestion would be to flash Ktoonez(might have misspelled his username) TW Kernel and Tweaker and to Flash the NDC modem; from personal experience NDC modem gives me better 4g signal....yet it also gives me better WIFI signal as well as connectivity, some will say it doesn't affect WIFI but it did for me so you can try that since you don't want to Factory Data reset it.