Google music outside the US, now even easier!

Search This thread

Jon565G

Nov 13, 2011
Sheffield
Only other thing I can think of is that there is a tick box in the setting of the music app that says "on device only". Is that on?

Reactions: Dainemeid

Jon565G

Nov 13, 2011
Sheffield
Nope i disabled that ofc....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Was a stupid thing to suggest after thinking about it lol. One last thing, then that's all I can think of.

You could try downloading the play music apk and installing it again. There's a thread on XDA that has the most up to date apk.

Apologies to the author for going off topic :eek:

Reactions: Dainemeid

Jutt69

Aug 12, 2011
Been using Google Music in the UK since it launched. I used TOR and picked a US exit node. You only need to agree the T&Cs then you can use as normal with your standard IP and Google account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Dainemeid

Feb 23, 2012
Was a stupid thing to suggest after thinking about it lol. One last thing, then that's all I can think of.

You could try downloading the play music apk and installing it again. There's a thread on XDA that has the most up to date apk.

Apologies to the author for going off topic :eek:

I figured it out! somehow after installing the music.apk my sync with google account turned off.... stupid me not to check this earlier! But thanks anyway for trying to help me. appreciate it! After turning sync on again everything just works fine!

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
Been using Google Music in the UK since it launched. I used TOR and picked a US exit node. You only need to agree the T&Cs then you can use as normal with your standard IP and Google account.

That's what I did months ago, while it was just Music, not Play Music. However, I've just tried to do this for somebody else and it wouldn't work.

Jutt69

Aug 12, 2011
That's what I did months ago, while it was just Music, not Play Music. However, I've just tried to do this for somebody else and it wouldn't work.

I can't believe Google have done anything to stop people. Are you sure you were on a US exit node? Use whatismyipaddress.com to check.

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
I can't believe Google have done anything to stop people. Are you sure you were on a US exit node? Use whatismyipaddress.com to check.

I feel pretty foolish right now :eek:

I forgot that I had been tinkering with a UK exit node at the weekend and hadn't reverted my settings!

slimdizzy

Sep 2, 2008
I just go to music.google.com in my device's browser and click then get app button. No VPN/proxy/DNS for me. Canadian speaking btw.

Jutt69

Aug 12, 2011
I just go to music.google.com in my device's browser and click then get app button. No VPN/proxy/DNS for me. Canadian speaking btw.

Once you are signed up to the service then yeah you can use it with any ip address from any country, but to sign up you need a US ip.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

nxtab

Aug 29, 2012
is there a chance that once Google Music comes to the UK, users who used this work around could be affected from not using the UK service?

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. I wouldn't want to get my account blocked out at some future point. I guess the solution would be to setup an account just for Google Music.

I am also a bit weary of using services that exist in a grey area, ideally they'll role it out to the UK soon. Gotta be a matter of time...

kmetek

Jun 8, 2010
any other work-around?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Market Unlocker is the easiest in my opinion. Pro version fetches proxy automatically and all you have to do is turn it on.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2

where to get it?

heccubusxda

Dec 26, 2011
I'm in Canada and I used a program called Hotspot Shield VPN that fakes US I.P.s, no problems at all.

It took forever to upload my music though...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With all the negativity about google music not being available in the UK, or outside the US in general, i figured this may be good news for some here.

I'm not sure if this has been covered before or not so here goes.

I basically found a way to get the google music service working in the UK, no fake google accounts, settings to change or anything like that is needed here at all.

If you just try and go to music.google.com from outside the US you normally get a message saying it's unavailable so here i tell you how to get around this for quick and easy access to the ability to store 20000 songs for free.

1. Go to www.unblock-us.com and sign up for a free 7 day trial by giving them your email address. This site is great for also accessing other US content such as US netflix and all sorts of other things outside the US (I actually subscribe to this service as i think it's brilliant, others may not want to do so).

2. Update your DNS settings on your computer/laptop/router as per the guides on the above site.

3. Once up and running on the Unblock-US DNS, fire up your favourite browser and go to music.google.com and sign in. NOTE you will no longer get the message saying it's for users in the US only.

4. Set up Google music, download the music manager to your computer and start uploading music.

5. You can now remove the Unblock-US DNS settings and go back to using your normal settings. Your Google account will still work even if using a non US internet connection and you will be able to access the Google music site from any computer.

6. Enjoy Google music anywhere, on any connection.

Please hit the thanks button if this helps.

Rik.
    Guys,

What do you mean? Having the same issue as well. Google's getting smarter. :)

Just add your credit card and type:
    Name: Microsoft Corporation
    ZIP Code: 98052

That worked for me ;)
    I used tunnelbear a few weeks back. Was a painless installation, adequate speeds since I just had to accept the google music terms and conditions, painless removal from my computer and I was up and running with google music in 5 minutes or less. :D
    You can add a non-us card, using a us address, Google wallet won't check.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    You can also use the TOR browser, keep refreshing until you have a US based proxy then just navigate to Google music and register your account. Once you've registered you can use Google music anywhere (normal browser, android app, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app