[05-08-2013] Photon Q FXZ

Search This thread

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
i have RSD Lite 6.1.5, and it will only recognize my Photon Q when it is booted up normally, not when it is in Fastboot mode. when i try to flash with the device booted up normally, it says the phone failed to reboot into fastboot. i believe i have the drivers and everything installed, because adb, fastboot, and PdaNet all work. any ideas?

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
No clue. I flashed Ashanti 14 over a bricked device on RSD LIte 6.0 and its running great. No problems but the OEM glitches.

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
It needs the Blur launcher only (Homescreen.apk). Took a look inside a bit, but still didn't figure out what exactly breaks it.

vjdave

May 2, 2006
This made me lose my sprint info and can't activate my phone now

Hello.

I flashed these and the phone lost my sprint data (like MSL...etc). I get an error when trying to click "Update PRL" or anything that trys to connect with sprint to update.
"The PRL update meet error. ErrorCode is INTERNAL"

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hello.

I flashed these and the phone lost my sprint data (like MSL...etc). I get an error when trying to click "Update PRL" or anything that trys to connect with sprint to update.
"The PRL update meet error. ErrorCode is INTERNAL"

i wonder if this is the usual problem when resetting/updating the device? can you make phone calls, or does it route you thru to Sprint Tech? if it puts you thru to them, they'll fix it after you provide your account PIN, etc.

vjdave

May 2, 2006
i wonder if this is the usual problem when resetting/updating the device? can you make phone calls, or does it route you thru to Sprint Tech? if it puts you thru to them, they'll fix it after you provide your account PIN, etc.

I called sprint and they were not able to get the phone to repopulate/re-activate and told me to bring it into a sprint store. Just for the heck of it I re-flashed from ASA 10 to ASA 14 and then was somehow able to get my phone re-activated after that. Now I am unable to root on ASA 14 and want to downgrade back to ASA 10 and the fastboot loader has a security error when I try.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Re: [01-23-2013]Photon Q FXZ

I called sprint and they were not able to get the phone to repopulate/re-activate and told me to bring it into a sprint store. Just for the heck of it I re-flashed from ASA 10 to ASA 14 and then was somehow able to get my phone re-activated after that. Now I am unable to root on ASA 14 and want to downgrade back to ASA 10 and the fastboot loader has a security error when I try.

Yeah, the bootloader doesn't seem to allow downgrading, and outside root exploits have been patched on ASA 14. So your only option to root at this point is to unlock the bootloader with the official Motorola unlock.

ujoty

Jul 8, 2008
Hi,

How can I extract contents of system.img.ext4 from those zip files?
I tried simg2img and others but didn't work... :/

Thanks.

MorphWVUtuba

May 3, 2009
gratitude

Thanks for this. For those out there that are stuck at the bootloader warning screen & can't get your device to boot, this is the trick.:good:

interloper

Feb 17, 2008
El Paso
Hi,

How can I extract contents of system.img.ext4 from those zip files?
I tried simg2img and others but didn't work... :/

Thanks.

Did you try 'file filename'? If the return is 'data' simg2img will work. If the return is 'Linux ext4 blah blah blah' then you can mount the image like a drive with:

Code:
sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop system.img.ext4 /usr/local/etc

remember, since you mount as root, you must be root to copy and move files from there so:

Code:
sudo mv /usr/local/etc/ /home/YOU/Motorolafiles/

Then you will want to chown the files. Good luck and enjoy.

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
The system.img.ext4 is in some Moto's format. It starts with signature.

ujoty

Jul 8, 2008
Did you try 'file filename'? If the return is 'data' simg2img will work. If the return is 'Linux ext4 blah blah blah' then you can mount the image like a drive with:

Code:
sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop system.img.ext4 /usr/local/etc

remember, since you mount as root, you must be root to copy and move files from there so:

Code:
sudo mv /usr/local/etc/ /home/YOU/Motorolafiles/

Then you will want to chown the files. Good luck and enjoy.

Of course I tried this, this is the first thing I tried. But no luck.

sapperpipo

Jan 28, 2010
Re: [01-23-2013]Photon Q FXZ

i have RSD Lite 6.1.5, and it will only recognize my Photon Q when it is booted up normally, not when it is in Fastboot mode. when i try to flash with the device booted up normally, it says the phone failed to reboot into fastboot. i believe i have the drivers and everything installed, because adb, fastboot, and PdaNet all work. any ideas?

I found out this phone has a need for a driver in whichever mode your in but as long as your online in whatever mode before you plug it in windows will find the necessary files automatically,,, once windows recognizes it in fastboot so will rsd and then flash from there, ps bro pdanet tells me your not unlocked, rooted, this method will work regardless, of what you did, or just borrow a friends device put it in fastboot and plug into computer, once the drivers are installed unplug reboot it and give it back, all you needed was a working device to get windows to recognize it to get you the drivers you need it only takes a few minutes for the whole process, then rsd and make sure you have all files you need in a directory you can find and dont forget to hilight the correct boxes in rsd, do this and youll be fine,

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yogi2010

PythonFanTN

Just to be sure no one else who's new to this (like I was) is dense & misinterprets the OP when he says:

"you may have to open the zip and edit the xml, and delete the 2 lines "<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />" if you get unknown command fastboot getvar max-download-size"

...it means there are 2 instances, one towards the top and one in the middle, of the line:

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />

that you have to delete and then re-save before flashing. I initially took it as the 2 meaning the 'getvar' and the 'max download size' parts and only deleted the one full line, and was about to have a heartattack thinking I'd just bricked myself. I closed out RSD Lite with the Q still in Fastboot, re-edited the .xml file to remove the 2nd instance of the same line, opened RSD Lite back up and restarted the flash and it worked like a charm though.

MFighter

May 5, 2011
thanks. worked with RSD Lite 6.1.5.
might want to mention in bold letter that this will wipe your internal sd-card :-]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the FXZ for Photon Q via Firmware Team:

Android 4.0.4 - Sprint US - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-89_ASA-36 (No simlock)
    asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-89_ASA-36-42-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip

Android 4.0.4 - Sprint US - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10 (No simlock)
    asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10-11-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip

Android 4.0.4 - Sprint US - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14 (No simlock)
    asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14-15-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip

Android 4.1.2 - Sprint US - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5 (No simlock)
    asanti_c_sprint-user-4.1.2-9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5-6-release-keys-cid9.xml.zip

==================================================

Android 4.0.4 - Cellular US - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-10 (No simlock)
    asanti_c_cspire-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-10-10-release-keys-ACG-CS-US.xml.zip

Android 4.0.4 - Cellular US - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-14 (No simlock)
    asanti_c_cspire-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-14-14-release-keys-ACG-CS-US.xml.zip

Android 4.1.2 - Cellular US - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-7 (No simlock)
    asanti_c_cspire-user-4.1.2-9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-7-8-release-keys-cid9.xml.zip

Download

NOTES
    - use at least RSD Lite 6.1.5 (maybe 6.1.x will work too) or you get an error on flashing system.img.ext4
    - you may have to open the zip and edit the xml, and delete the 2 lines "<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />" if you get unknown command fastboot getvar max-download-size
    - do not flash Sprint firmware to phone from Cellular US and vice versa unless you know what are you doing!!!
    Uploaded FXZ for Sprint JB.
    You can try using fastboot and flash manually.
    Added Sprint US 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14.
    RSD Compatible?

Here are the FXZ for Photon Q via Firmware Team:

Sprint US 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-89_ASA-36
    asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-89_ASA-36-42-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip

Sprint US 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10-11-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip

Cellular US 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-14
    asanti_c_cspire-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_CSP-14-14-release-keys-ACG-CS-US.xml.zip

Download: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/asanti_c/list.php

asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10-11-release-keys-Sprint-US.xml.zip Failed Flashing Process at system.img. Also had to delete getvar from xml to even get that far. I don't know if this is RSD Lite compatible but that's what I tried using. Any suggestions on what to do next or even to learn what I need to know to continue would be awesome, thanks.