Jelly Bean for US N8013 OTA downloading now

Search This thread

TheOneChristo

Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Thanks for responding. And I assume all your stuff was there with no problems.

Had you rooted with the exploit? I did, and it was great. But if that exploit is fixed, can I no longer root with that method after updating?

Absolutely, was flawless.
I hadn't rooted at all actually. I'm not sure that I can answer your question without more time to play with 4.1.2.

lrdangel

Jan 7, 2013
Chicago
Downloaded via Kies!

Great news! What a wonderful way to wake up. I tried OTA but it said the servers were busy so I connected via Kies and I am currently downloading the JB update!

I will let you know when this has completed.

~ LA

dtl

Mar 26, 2010
Great news! What a wonderful way to wake up. I tried OTA but it said the servers were busy so I connected via Kies and I am currently downloading the JB update!

~ LA

Still waiting on OTA about 2 hours here in Michigan. I have not used Kies. Just loaded on to my computer. I assume it is straight forward :)

crystalstylez

Aug 3, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Ugh, flashed back to stock via Odin. So far the device keeps booting up and just sits at the Samsung logo. Its been that way for 10-15 minutes.

Just go in to 3E recovery by holding power + vol up when booting up (releasing the power after about 4 seconds). Then use volume keys to go down to factory reset and power to select. Then select reboot.

lrdangel

Jan 7, 2013
Chicago
eesEup Hampton

~ LA

All done! I now officially have JB 4.1.2. A little slower getting it through Kies but worth the wait. Pretty excited! Now time to go play!

~ LA

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Wtf..lol no way....damn...today turning out to be a great day...FINALLY!..let me check my update status. Ill report back shortly.

Edit: it told me something I've never seen before. It said the software update is given to people in the order they request it. Try again later.
Ill try a few more times. If no success then ill try through kies.

Last edited:

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
Rebooting did not help. I tried flashing again via Odin. Here is the log:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_N8013UEALI3_N8013XARALI3_1081475_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

As of now, the device itself is still stuck on "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"

Its been sitting here for about 5 minutes since receiving the "PASS!" and "suceed 1" messages in Odin. Auto Reboot isnt checked in Odin like I believe it has been in the past, just noticed it. In fact, none of the options are selected.

Is it safe to power down and back on?

Top Liked Posts