Unrecoverable bootloader error but not Bricked!

Search This thread

AGTf300

Mar 30, 2013
This works nicely

After months of having a brick on a shelf my TF300T works again.

Thank you Buster99.

I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]
finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
-Buster

Reactions: echohack

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

cheers
-Buster

Holy. S***T! This Wroked :D :victory::victory::victory::victory: thank you man!

mamaloo-xda

May 31, 2011
FuerzaNegro

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

Hi pal

I have an Asus Transformer TF300TG 4.2.1 and I successfully unlocked and root it. it was working good and I decieded to wipe my data from recovery when I did it my pad didn't boot up into rom... and stucked in Asus logo and nvidia tegra mark. and also when I turn the pad on usuing (volume down + power) it goes automaticly to cwm and I can't see that three options (RCK, Android, Wipe Data) anymore. my bad is... I was running an openrecovery-twrp.blob but I flashed a CWM to see if I can re wipe the pad but it says:

Can't mount system
Can't mount external sd
Can't mount sd

Please help me or tell me something that makes a little hope for me :( I'm realy disquiet...

NaderALDirany

Aug 15, 2013
Beirut
buybitcoinleb.com

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

Hello,

The above will work only if you are able to access the FastBoot commands, in most of the cases we are facing we have access only to the APX mode (Reset + Vol up) not FastBoot (Reset + Vol Down.).

Thanks for sharing your findings though, hopefully if any one was able to recover his TF300T or TF700T from APX mode to share his findings also...

I suggest you follow up on this Thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44719326#post44719326

Thank you,
Nader H.AL-Dirany

leipy

May 2, 2005
groningen
eleveld.me
Bricked tf201 prime

Many Thanks to Buster99

I had mine transformer prime tf 201 bricked. unrecoverble bootloader. i did al the steps and now i have at least no unrecoverble boor loader and i got twrp running again.
I waited at leat half a year for this solution.

Many Many thanks i am going to download a custom rom and see what happens.

Update : It is running perfect again thanks it is unbricked. And asus told me to pay €365,- for a new motherboard.
i knew it was a mather of time.

Last edited:

navtil

Feb 25, 2012
Ashdod
I was already going to pay for the new motherboard

-Buster

Thank you so much ! I've already lost any hope to "revive" my device, but you came with your simple yet usefull guide as a "savior of all unfortunate TF300 owners" ! :)

Aug 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

YOU ARE AMAZING! I had the unrecoverable bootloader error, but I could still use fastboot, and it works!!! Confirmed on the TF201!!

NaderALDirany

Aug 15, 2013
Beirut
buybitcoinleb.com
TF300T Bricked accessible using APX Mode.

@Buster99

The above will work only if you are able to access the FastBoot commands.
In my case i can access only to the APX mode (Reset + Vol up), I cant access the FastBoot (Reset + Vol Down.).

I flashed everything FastBoot flashall, so now I have the TF300T ASUS logo now.

The above doesnt work with me, any suggestions how to UNBRICK my ASUS TF300T starting from APX mode???

Thank you,
Nader H.AL-Dirany

Buster99

@Buster99

The above will work only if you are able to access the FastBoot commands.
In my case i can access only to the APX mode (Reset + Vol up), I cant access the FastBoot (Reset + Vol Down.).

I flashed everything FastBoot flashall, so now I have the TF300T ASUS logo now.

The above doesnt work with me, any suggestions how to UNBRICK my ASUS TF300T starting from APX mode???

Thank you,
Nader H.AL-Dirany

Hi Nader,

check those threats http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2347159 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219974 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2401215

those have all to do with apx mode.

sadly i don't really recall how i got out of apx mode :( - sorry.

good luck

-Buster

Reactions: NaderALDirany

FlavioS

Dec 4, 2010

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

I should make you a statue. Thanks a lot :D

Last edited:

m&n69

Nov 20, 2009
pescara

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

your guide is great but you should (if you want) to insert the string -i 0x0b05 after the item fastboot

Last edited:
Reactions: mister363

sassquach

Sep 5, 2007
I am here
You Are the MANNNN!!!!!!!

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

This saved my TAB!!!!. I followed the steps to the letter. I tried everything else before i tried your method i even tried reaching out to TWRP channel but that didn't help. This was awesome find. How did you find out these commands? i didn't even know you could manually type them in fastboot.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

so i can prevent this from happening again, does anybody know if you use this method to flash to stock ICS blob, will this restore the bootloader so i can use NVFLASH??? that is the $$$ question.

if not is there a way to erase the bootloader and restore it to ics, so we can use NVFLASH??

MagnumJB

May 3, 2013
Thank you!!!!!

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

Sir Buster of the internet Forums! I must thank you for saving my tablet! Thank you x100! Your steps worked to perfection! Thank you again!

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

This should definitely be put in a spot for all who have this scenario. It fixed mine also. So happy! Thanks for your hard work.

uthmani

Jun 7, 2012

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

Thank you Buster. I have now got my TF300T back to normal again. I was about to give up but your method worked.

I had to do it twice - first time I didn't use "erase misc". Second time worked. Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My solution

fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 1.695s]
    OKAY [133.121s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
    -Buster
    1st this is not for the dev section. You should ask questions in the Q&A section.

Go to Asus and dl the latest Stock. Unzipp it 2 times. You should have a blob file now in the extracted folder. put this blob in your fastboot folder.
    Open cmd and type:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging blob

let it run. It seems that nothing is happening for about 5 Minutes. The whole thing can take up to 20 Minutes, so just stay calm and wait till its finished.
    Now you should be back to full Stock with Stock recovery.
    Thanks you Ebonit and berndblb, I got as far as typing in "fastboot devices" and it says "waiting for device". I assume USB drivers. Found a link to them on this site but page not found came up. I could not find in asus website. Tried another link which hijacked my browser.. messed with this all day. Uggg. Anyone know a good link for the USB drivers if that is my problem? Thanks, Cindy

This can be an annoying problem and you may have to try several driver packages, uninstall them if they don't work and try other ones. The drivers from the Asus PC Suite were for Windows XP. They may and may not work anymore - depends on your Windows version.
    As you found out, you want to stay away from all these driver downloads sites - they are usually infested with malware.
    You could try the Universal Naked Drivers from here: https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/adb-fb-apx-driver-universal-naked-t2513339
    I believe those are the ones I used when I moved to Win 8 and then Win 10. If you have the 64 bit version of Win 8 or 10 you have to disable Windows driver verification feature to install them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YAIw7_-kg

I think I can't get into recovery from inadvertently hitting wipe data when I had those 3 icons. Now it loops from twrp splash page to 4 peguins says Old FW. Continuous reboot of this. Can't get into anything else holding power and volume down. Can't even power it off.. I think I'm bricked. See my attempts to fix this further down.. thank you!

Oh my... You do need to get adb working, I know only of one way to get out of that loop and it involves a couple of steps in adb. Check out this guide: http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...my-transformer-tf700-boots-only-recovery.html
    Somebody recently used this method to get out of the loop and he had only a few seconds connection in adb to perform the steps described. He created a script to run the two commands in that tiny window. Let me try to find the posts, maybe I can hook you up with him.

Edit: Here it is, last post: https://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf700/help/tf700t-bootloop-twrp-install-official-t3584529
    Try to PM @andyf@n, maybe he can send you the script he created
    No one's figured this out? I tried flashing the blob file and my system won't boot at all

fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 1.695s]
    OKAY [133.121s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
    -Buster

Did your tablet seem to freeze after flashing via fastboot? When I push blob, the console shows that it wrote, but then fastboot on the tablet freezes & I have to manually reboot, putting me right back to the drawing board.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app