[Stock Collection] Kernels, Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current: NG4]

Search This thread

92drls

Jul 25, 2009
Behind you
How much slower are we talking here? I get a constant 25+ MB download at home, work, around town etc with the stock firmware/modem.. My phones data speeds are almost always faster than wifi and that's how I like it.

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly
How much slower are we talking here? I get a constant 25+ MB download at home, work, around town etc with the stock firmware/modem.. My phones data speeds are almost always faster than wifi and that's how I like it.

Dramatically slower. I was only getting 1-2 mbps with the new modem. Flashed NBH modem and it's back to 25+ and I have a slightly faster device by keeping the other half of the update. I'm all stock. Knox not tripped either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Dr. Fed

92drls

Jul 25, 2009
Behind you
This may be a question for the Odin thread and if so I'm sorry.

I've downloaded the files I wanted to flash but while opening Mobile Odin and searching for the files none are showing, am I missing a step or are these files not Mobile Odin flash-able?

Specifically the NCH modem and the NE5 firmware.

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area

I've downloaded the files I wanted to flash but while opening Mobile Odin and searching for the files none are showing, am I missing a step or are these files not Mobile Odin flash-able?

did you unzip the files? if they download as zips, you have to unzip to get tar or bin files.
I usually use 7-zip to unzip.

woops sorry, nevermind i didn't notice you said Mobile Odin. apologies.

Last edited:

pluginre

Mar 25, 2011
Dallas
www.888Pugin8.com

Mobile Odin is not compatible. You have to use a computer

Sent from my SM-G900F/T/I/M/P/W8 using XDA Free mobile app

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas

Download zip, unzip to get .tar file and use odin via PC. Don't use mobile version. It won't flash successfully

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mike28

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
Name this the S5 Bible haha. Collect all important files and hard to find. Even link to guides, mods, etc. That's a very useful thread!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: em0ney14

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012
I flashed the new firmware only ANE5 via Odin. But my build number didn't changed. Pulled the battery and reflashed and same result build number didn't changed. Should the build number get changed after flashing the new firmware only?

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
I flashed the new firmware only ANE5 via Odin. But my build number didn't changed. Pulled the battery and reflashed and same result build number didn't changed. Should the build number get changed after flashing the new firmware only?

BeansTown106:

"Disclaimer: If For Some Reason Your BaseBand Doesn't Change When Flashing Firmware or Modems Turn Your Device Off Remove Battery Then Turn On Device with Specific Button Sequence For Recovery: Pwr+Volup+Home For Download Mode: Pwr+VolDwn+Home"

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012
BeansTown106:

"Disclaimer: If For Some Reason Your BaseBand Doesn't Change When Flashing Firmware or Modems Turn Your Device Off Remove Battery Then Turn On Device with Specific Button Sequence For Recovery: Pwr+Volup+Home For Download Mode: Pwr+VolDwn+Home"

Thanks for replying. My baseband did get changed. Should the build number be changed as well after flashing the new firmware only? Or do I need to flash the full stock in order to have both the baseband and build number changed?

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for replying. My baseband did get changed. Should the build number be changed as well after flashing the new firmware only? Or do I need to flash the full stock in order to have both the baseband and build number changed?

No, build number will only change w/rom. As long as you see your baseband change then you're good.

Reactions: Skyrocket2
Does Odin flashing the stock ROM wipe data? I do not see a Data .img file in the .tar but I was just wondering :)

Got tired of holding out so I Odin'd NE5 to my phone and all may apps are still there :) Also, at least in my area, I do not have any issue with the NE5 Modem still getting 25-30 Mbps.

Thanks @BeansTown106 for posting these and all you do here in the forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: tenxo
D

Deleted member 2653512

I'm not complaining or pressing anyone for an ETA.. but I'm just curious if anyone has a ZIP flashable stock kernel to go along with the NE5 ZIP flashable. Or did we run into a wall trying to make one of those? Does someone have information on this?

Thx in advance, guys & gals.

Top Liked Posts