[Q] Charging issue

Search This thread

ikoniq

Jan 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
I'm absolutely freaking baffled. Simply put, my Atrix HD doesn't charge if it's powered on. At all. It doesn't even recognize that it's plugged into a power source. As soon as I turn it off, the little green light at the top lights up. I need help, this is infuriating me.

mrao

Dec 21, 2005
www.oneclickroot.com
Have you tried a different charging cable... Or plugging it into the USB port on a PC while the phone is on? If it still displays these symptoms, it's possible the micro USB connector on the phone is messed up

ikoniq

Jan 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Have you tried a different charging cable... Or plugging it into the USB port on a PC while the phone is on? If it still displays these symptoms, it's possible the micro USB connector on the phone is messed up

I am now realizing I should have gone into more detail about the issue. I went to plug it in today, and it wouldn't charge. It was running the latest Milestone build of CM11. I went ahead and tried to turn it off and back on, and it started boot looping. I managed to get it into AP Fastboot and fastboot-flashed it back to stock. It has an unlocked bootloader. So now I'm on stock Android 4.1.1, and boot looping with the battery below ten percent. Above ten percent, it stops looping and just kind of sits there, but will boot up fine. Once I get it back into Android, it stops charging again. The issue persists no matter what cable/charger/PC combination I use. Since it charges fine in Fastboot, Recovery, and while off, and persists across multiple chargers and cords, the only idea I have is that it is a software issue in Android somewhere, I just can't figure out for the life of me where it might be.

Arjomer

Oct 12, 2013
I'm absolutely freaking baffled. Simply put, my Atrix HD doesn't charge if it's powered on. At all. It doesn't even recognize that it's plugged into a power source. As soon as I turn it off, the little green light at the top lights up. I need help, this is infuriating me.

Have you tried deleting battery stats?

ikoniq

Jan 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Are you using original Motorola charger ? I've had problems with 3rd party chargers/cables with Atrix.
Yeah, original Motorola charger.

Just a note, I can get it into fastboot, flash it, reboot it, and have it not boot loop for a few minutes, but as soon as the bootloader hands control off it stops charging...while it's in fastboot it seems to either be charging or running off USB.

Last edited: