[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39E] Slim Bean Build 8 - manta [05.08.2013]

Search This thread

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2 - manta

Hello fonti, great Rom :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, like it most oft all, Slim bean is the best, have it also on my SGS+, from Crybert.
Did you fix fix the Blue-tooth issue inBuld 2 ???. For my BT-keyboard does'nt work...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Afaik bt should be working, can you please send me a logcat?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

polluzet

Dec 14, 2012
Groß-Bieberau
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2 - manta

Afaik bt should be working, can you please send me a logcat?

Sorry, meanwhile it's working, after the third time of connecting the BT-keyboard had a working connection, I supposed the ROM had still the BT-issue, but the mistake sat before the tablet :D . Thanks for your quick response.

Slim Bean 4.2.2 ist much better running than Google's own 4.2.2. Till now not a single reboot, like with stock (only from OPERA, but it's Beta ;))

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2 - manta

Which keyboard do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

iamikon

May 17, 2012

I have the mini suit "leather" case/keyboard. I like it a lot and its like $40

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Weedalot

Apr 23, 2011

My clock is off couple minutes. I read it's something with most n10 I wonder if it is software or I'm in big trouble?

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010
Yesterday I gave an update a go, but suffered some problems due multi-user feature. It seems that there isn't any good way to backup secondary user's apps/data and restore them after a clean install.
Carbon doesn't support multi-user system and TiBu seemed ****-up almost everything :laugh:
So I rolled back to b1 with nandroid.

Any of you have heard any news if some app is implementing multi-user backup feature? I haven't seen any news/posts about this..
Current situation makes it quite hard to update roms (at least if you're making a clean install) for a multi-user systems.. :(

So, no informative feedback about b2@N10 yet..on Gnex it's running fine :)
albeit..I encountered that same "Themes Provider" FC in the same second when TiBu started restoring user apps :eek: But how it could be connected to user apps when I don't even have themes etc installed? Well..I'll get back to you when I'll work out those backup issues (my wife would kill me if I'd wipe out her game saves etc :laugh: )

edit: One observation I made..on landscape mode QuickSettings panel's tiles seems to narrow down very much and it's squeezing many (don't remeber, 6-8 tiles maybe?) tiles in a one row. And it makes it quite unusable.
Tiles per row options didn't affect this one. In portrait mode everything worked just fine. This was before any restoring etc were made so it was totally clean system. I didn't pay any attention to it after first notice (needed to restore apps with bad luck before going to bed :) ).
On build 1 QS is fine.

Last edited:

Kurre

Aug 10, 2010

Yesterday I gave an update a go, but suffered some problems due multi-user feature. It seems that there isn't any good way to backup secondary user's apps/data and restore them after a clean install.
Carbon doesn't support multi-user system and TiBu seemed ****-up almost everything :laugh:
So I rolled back to b1 with nandroid.

Any of you have heard any news if some app is implementing multi-user backup feature? I haven't seen any news/posts about this..
Current situation makes it quite hard to update roms (at least if you're making a clean install) for a multi-user systems.. :(

So, no informative feedback about b2@N10 yet..on Gnex it's running fine :)
albeit..I encountered that same "Themes Provider" FC in the same second when TiBu started restoring user apps :eek: But how it could be connected to user apps when I don't even have themes etc installed? Well..I'll get back to you when I'll work out those backup issues (my wife would kill me if I'd wipe out her game saves etc :laugh: )

edit: One observation I made..on landscape mode QuickSettings panel's tiles seems to narrow down very much and it's squeezing many (don't remeber, 6-8 tiles maybe?) tiles in a one row. And it makes it quite unusable.
Tiles per row options didn't affect this one. In portrait mode everything worked just fine. This was before any restoring etc were made so it was totally clean system. I didn't pay any attention to it after first notice (needed to restore apps with bad luck before going to bed :) ).
On build 1 QS is fine.

Just dirty flashed b2 (against instructions :rolleyes: )..but everything seems to function correctly (I'd still recommend following instructions).
But anyway, just forget my last edit..just noticed that scaling option which caused that one. I didn't look that one so closely and missed it totally. I apologize ;) (was that mentioned in the changelog?)

And no more "Themes Provider" FC. At least not yet. Hopefully that one is gone. But so far working very nicely :thumbup:

Edit: it's still FC'ing, but let's forget that until I have made clean install.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: fronti90

Subrad5446@aol.com

Dec 17, 2011
I love this ROM. It's my fav out of 5 I've tried for the N10. Only issue I was hoping you would work on is the power menu. I would like to see a multiple reboot options, such as reboot to recovery. You only have the option to reboot. Other than that great rom!!

Weedalot

Apr 23, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2.5 - manta

I love this ROM. It's my fav out of 5 I've tried for the N10. Only issue I was hoping you would work on is the power menu. I would like to see a multiple reboot options, such as reboot to recovery. You only have the option to reboot. Other than that great rom!!

It was moved to developer options. You can enable it there.

#one thing still wacky about this rom is the nav ring issue. (see previous posts)

Reactions: Subrad5446@aol.com

llvllorpheus

Sep 7, 2008

My favorite ROM for the N10, awesome job! Not sure what to make of the following: SlimOTA gave me a notification after installing build 2.5 that a new version 2.6 is available. I couldn't find anything, so is this some sort of bug of the OTA upgrade app?

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011

My favorite ROM for the N10, awesome job! Not sure what to make of the following: SlimOTA gave me a notification after installing build 2.5 that a new version 2.6 is available. I couldn't find anything, so is this some sort of bug of the OTA upgrade app?

We released an update for the N4 most likely something went wrong there.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build2.5 - manta

We released an update for the N4 most likely something went wrong there.

Well i didn't push a new version so probably related to what neb said

Weedalot

Apr 23, 2011

Getting the android os drain. Going to give it another cycle.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Guys Build 7 just got released, have fun!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build4

If coming from 4.1 (Slim Bean 3.x) do a full wipe. In case of an upgrade (Beta1->Beta2) wipe cache/dalvik and only do full wipe if you have any problems.
    We just released Build 6! Happy Flashing :D

Attention:
    Due to the updated TRDS 2.0 code, you HAVE TO download and flash the new gapps packages this time.
    Build 5 released! Have fun guys :good: