[ROM][WWE][30-08-09]Fusion Power|Base ROM Preview...Check Post #630 or #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

matmaneyre

Nov 8, 2006
Birmingham
hahaha stupid me flashing a beta rom and relying on my phone to wake me up the next morning...

Anyway by default the Alarm tone is "Alarm - light" which isn't automatically installed with this ROM. When the alarm goes off, it tries to play that file, and nothing is heard. Changing the alarm sound to Alarm5, which is in the ROM, works fine.

Sooo, where do I copy the ringtones and alarms from the first page to? I tried putting them in Windows\rings but the alarm will not detect those files.

Yeah, not a good idea to rely on the alarms gettin you up in a beta! :D

From memory, these files sit in the /Windows directory and no deeper as they won't be detected.

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
hahaha stupid me flashing a beta rom and relying on my phone to wake me up the next morning...

Anyway by default the Alarm tone is "Alarm - light" which isn't automatically installed with this ROM. When the alarm goes off, it tries to play that file, and nothing is heard. Changing the alarm sound to Alarm5, which is in the ROM, works fine.

Sooo, where do I copy the ringtones and alarms from the first page to? I tried putting them in Windows\rings but the alarm will not detect those files.

So what's the difference between the two besides smoothness? Does it have the Zune interface (prefer that home screen)? Is everything identical when it comes to look? (No screen shots of the entire ROM)

The reason I ask is because I have NO problems what so ever on the Europe WM 6.5 ROM. I don't want to regret the flash and have to set all my settings again (annoying)! I don't have a backup software as of yet. The Europe ROM is smooth enough for me, but if I can get an even smoother and faster WM 6.5 ROM, hey why not right?

Thanks for replying!

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
So is this ROM running smooth for everyone? I want to know because I'm good with the WM 6.5 Europe ROM and I want to see what's good with this one. Can some post pics of the entire ROM please? Well not the entire ROM.

Windows Default (Zune interface)
All programs
All settings

Screen shots like that, the basics I would say. But I need to know if it's smooth and all good.

If you are using the Europe ROM then you know what this looks like. This is based on the Euro ROM but a newer version than the one you are using. It is stock default visuals for now. Working on organizing the start menu and spicing it up a bit. I will have pictures up when I have the time to do it but all of my free time for playing now is going into the ROM. There are plenty of add on visuals out there to get exactly the look you are going for. Everyone likes a different look so my visual changes will look like it came from an OEM. Plain, simple and elegant.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
nice job At0mAng this rom is smooth as slik.:)

did you leave the pagepool size at 16?

I cant wait to see what you come up with next.
I am so glad I am now over my withdraw from not flashing my phone.:D

Yes it is set at 16. Seems like the sweet spot. Don't get to use to not flashing cause Final V1 is around the corner :D

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
I am soooo frusterated with this cooking stuff! Starting from scratch! Cannot wait for you to release your kitchen! Sorry off topic I know, needed to vent and ask! When are you releasing your kitchen? ;)

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
The only TP2 in US release is the T-Mo version. So not sure what 6.5 WM version you using. If I heard wrong let me know, but I heard no release of new HTC on ATT till at least October now.

The thread title states...WWE (World Wide English), ITA (Italy), and ATT. The ROM is based of the latest Euro version which has the same SYS as the AT&T Test ROM. The AT&T Edition of ROM is the same as WWE but for it has the AT&T Dialer, PTT, WiFi Enabler for AT&T HotSpots and other packages for AT&T VideoShare.

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
If you are using the Europe ROM then you know what this looks like. This is based on the Euro ROM but a newer version than the one you are using. It is stock default visuals for now. Working on organizing the start menu and spicing it up a bit. I will have pictures up when I have the time to do it but all of my free time for playing now is going into the ROM. There are plenty of add on visuals out there to get exactly the look you are going for. Everyone likes a different look so my visual changes will look like it came from an OEM. Plain, simple and elegant.

Cool cool, so that means I shouldn't run into any problems since it's just an updated version to the Europe ROM. The default visuals are fine for me because I love the black and white task bar and what not.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
This ROM is smooth, much faster than the other available ROMS. I only seem to have two problems. Exchange won't sync (We use exchange server 2003) I know it's setup correctly on both ends since Im the IT-Admin :) Also it works on the other ROM. Also the Time Zones panel keeps popping up, even after selecting my time zone.

I dont understand why some users can sync with exchange and others can't. Do you need a security certificate for your exchange server? It could be some of my security settings. Let me try to get a fix together and see what happens.

matmaneyre

Nov 8, 2006
Birmingham
Yes it is set at 16. Seems like the sweet spot. Don't get to use to not flashing cause Final V1 is around the corner :D

When you say "around the corner"....do you mean "it's not worth flashing RC1 now if you haven't already cos Final V1 will up in tonight", or can I flash and test for a couple of days before the flashing bug gets the better of me? :D

What timezone are you in?....cos I should really be in bed (3:43am GMT)

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
When you say "around the corner"....do you mean "it's not worth flashing RC1 now if you haven't already cos Final V1 will up in tonight", or can I flash and test for a couple of days before the flashing bug gets the better of me? :D

What timezone are you in?....cos I should really be in bed (3:43am GMT)

Over the weekend. Am taking my time with it to get it close to right the first time with the visuals. Go ahead and flash RC1 and let us know about any bugs :)

matmaneyre

Nov 8, 2006
Birmingham
The thread title states...WWE (World Wide English), ITA (Italy), and ATT. The ROM is based of the latest Euro version which has the same SYS as the AT&T Test ROM. The AT&T Edition of ROM is the same as WWE but for it has the AT&T Dialer, PTT, WiFi Enabler for AT&T HotSpots and other packages for AT&T VideoShare.

The thread title also states Manila 2.6 and Leo Apps.... :(

Don't worry, I have some patience (and a distinct dislike of bugs) so I'm OK for now! :)

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham

I purposely left the sounds out to save on storage space. It always bothered me that it the sounds took so much space when I used like 4 of them at the most :)

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
The thread title also states Manila 2.6 and Leo Apps.... :(

Don't worry, I have some patience (and a distinct dislike of bugs) so I'm OK for now! :)

Bait and switch :p

I was planning on having all that done but alot more problems came up than I thought. It took me a good part of the day to just track down what was eating so much memory :D

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
So At0mAng is the Energy Warhawk ROM newer then this one?

From what I have seen it comes from a different build team then this one, I think. MS had two teams developing 6.5 and they used different build numbers. I am not sure of the date on that original ROM but the date on here was August 2 2009. Newer doesn't always mean better. My personal Touch Pro ROM was build 20771 which blew everything else away and the current build was 21054.

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
From what I have seen it comes from a different build team then this one, I think. MS had two teams developing 6.5 and they used different build numbers. I am not sure of the date on that original ROM but the date on here was August 2 2009. Newer doesn't always mean better. My personal Touch Pro ROM was build 20771 which blew everything else away and the current build was 21054.

Oh ok, so now I need to find out what's the difference between this one and that one before I make my decision. I don't want to flash one then see what's good with it then flash the other to do the same and then make my decision.

Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.