CM10 official builds Bluetooth audio stream fix/workaround

Search This thread

eSbek

Aug 4, 2012
I spent some hours testing files responsible for BT audio streaming from TeamEOS CM10 builds (the feature works there) on the official CM10 nightly builds.
Finally after couple of the ROM re flashes I found what file can be transfered from the TeamEOS builds to get the BT audio streaming working.

The workaround to fix the issue:
1. Download and unzip the file: http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/8042271/file.html
2. Copy the file "audio_policy.conf" to device root/system/etc
3. Reboot the Prime

Let me know if this fix works also for you.

The files are taken from the Team EOS "EOS-tf201-20120814-38" build file. Thank you guys.

Last edited:

ixemerix

Jan 9, 2009
Does that mean, the BT hasn't worked yet for CM10 or is that a fix for the known BT-bugs?
I often get BT-interruptions when streaming music to my AV-Receiver. Specially under heavy use (surfing the web for example...). Anybody else mentioning this problems?

eSbek

Aug 4, 2012
this works... though you only need to replace ""audio_policy.conf"".... the other are not needed!!
Will try with policy. conf again, first time during my tests it didn't work, probably I did something wrong that day. Thanks for feedback.

EDIT:The first post corrected as per Craig's findings

Last edited:

Themetnut

May 29, 2012
Just out of curiosity, would this also work with a touchwiz/stock version of a Rom as well? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
Fixed bluetooth problem, now all phone calls are on speaker phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I spent some hours testing files responsible for BT audio streaming from TeamEOS CM10 builds (the feature works there) on the official CM10 nightly builds.
Finally after couple of the ROM re flashes I found what file can be transfered from the TeamEOS builds to get the BT audio streaming working.

3. Reboot the Prime

The files are taken from the Team EOS "EOS-tf201-20120814-38" build file. Thank you guys.

y u no gerrit this?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It's already merged into CM10... was submitted to gerrit by Alex on Aug 25 and merged int CM10 on Sept 11... read the thread before posting.... the previous post already said that!!

For whatever reason that post wasn't displaying then... Either way, this thread should never have existed and never made it to the portal. If the maintainer had been properly contacted, it would've only been broken for a night or two.

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
For whatever reason that post wasn't displaying then... Either way, this thread should never have existed and never made it to the portal. If the maintainer had been properly contacted, it would've only been broken for a night or two.

Well, it was a trial and error and this thread was merely created as a possible fix... when it was well tested and finalised it was pushed to gerrit just 2-3 days later... yes, it did take time for the maintainers to accept the change and merge it in CM10, but I assume they were busy...

joedoe

Mar 29, 2005
Well, it was a trial and error and this thread was merely created as a possible fix... when it was well tested and finalised it was pushed to gerrit just 2-3 days later... yes, it did take time for the maintainers to accept the change and merge it in CM10, but I assume they were busy...

This fix doesn't work anymore with latest builds of CM10.

mosser12

Nov 11, 2012
The Bluetooth stream seems to be pretty good, I connected it to my cousin's Infiniti EX35 and it was seemed to lose a little bass but other than that it was a pleasant experience.

macloss

Jul 12, 2012
Bluetooth streaming works fine on my iPhone 5 on my 2011 maxima. On the i4S it worked good too...no issues here

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

b1ggjoe

Will this 'audio_policy. conf' fix work on any phone and CM10 flavor?

Also, I noticed that with my CM10 ROM, the native audio_policy.conf file is in a root/system/etc/bluetooth folder, not root/system/etc. Does that make a difference?

The bluetooth issues that I'm having have to do with pairing as well as tons of loud static during calls.

Thx.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Reboot the Prime

this works... though you only need to replace ""audio_policy.conf"".... the other are not needed!!