[Q] Nexus 4 turned off by itself?!

Search This thread

tashad

Aug 14, 2013
Hey everyone!

I recently left Samsung and decided to try out Nexus 4. I actually planned to test it out so I kept the plastics on the charger and everything, and left everything in the box because I want to sell it for the Nexus 5. Anyways, I've used it for exactly a week now and it's been working just fine, but last night was the second time I left it charging overnight. Since I kept all of its stuff in the box, I use the charger from my Nexus 7 to charge it. It's been working fine so far, but today I woke up from my alarm, took my phone off charge and it worked perfectly. I went back to sleep with the phone beside me and when I woke up, it wouldn't turn on. Anyways, I got really worried and eventually it safe booted when I pressed power + vol. down. I pressed "Start" and now it's up and running but when it powered back on, it showed 85% battery instead of 100% considering it was on charge for about 8 hours. I know this isn't because of battery hibernation because I put it on charge while it was at about 4% I believe. I've looked around everywhere online and I can find people with similar problems but all of them have something like the phone going into hibernation or such. But Mine did not do anything like that. Can anyone please explain why this happened? The phone still has warranty but I really can't afford to go without a phone for 3 weeks if I send it in. Thanks so much!!! :)

P.S. It's running the latest KitKat, I've never rooted it, flashed it or anything like that. I am running the Google Experience Launcher.

Edit: I read that Nexus 7 chargers use 0.8 more current that the Nexus 4 chargers. Can that be the case? Thanks again guys! :)

Last edited:

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hey everyone!

I recently left Samsung and decided to try out Nexus 4. I actually planned to test it out so I kept the plastics on the charger and everything, and left everything in the box because I want to sell it for the Nexus 5. Anyways, I've used it for exactly a week now and it's been working just fine, but last night was the second time I left it charging overnight. Since I kept all of its stuff in the box, I use the charger from my Nexus 7 to charge it. It's been working fine so far, but today I woke up from my alarm, took my phone off charge and it worked perfectly. I went back to sleep with the phone beside me and when I woke up, it wouldn't turn on. Anyways, I got really worried and eventually it safe booted when I pressed power + vol. down. I pressed "Start" and now it's up and running but when it powered back on, it showed 85% battery instead of 100% considering it was on charge for about 8 hours. I know this isn't because of battery hibernation because I put it on charge while it was at about 4% I believe. I've looked around everywhere online and I can find people with similar problems but all of them have something like the phone going into hibernation or such. But Mine did not do anything like that. Can anyone please explain why this happened? The phone still has warranty but I really can't afford to go without a phone for 3 weeks if I send it in. Thanks so much!!! :)

P.S. It's running the latest KitKat, I've never rooted it, flashed it or anything like that. I am running the Google Experience Launcher.

Edit: I read that Nexus 7 chargers use 0.8 more current that the Nexus 4 chargers. Can that be the case? Thanks again guys! :)

Charger could be one problem. It's better to use the stock one.

What you had there was a BSOD ( black screen of death). Basically, the cpu gets stuck when trying to sleep. Software issue. Battery consumption is higher. Plus a reboot may have taken some more battery.

Reactions: tashad

tashad

Aug 14, 2013

What you had there was a BSOD ( black screen of death). Basically, the cpu gets stuck when trying to sleep. Software issue. Battery consumption is higher. Plus a reboot may have taken some more battery.

Phew! Thanks!! I was so worried that this was a hardware issue! I am a developer so I was testing out a tetris app yesterday, that can be probably cause I guess. Or maybe that just happens to the CPU sometimes. I've never done anything to overload it or anything but maybe it was working too hard to control all that extra power it was getting from that Nexus 7 charger. But that makes alot more sense! I was really worried because I baby all of my electronics and I would hate to have to send my phone into Google or for anything to be wrong with it. Software issues can all be fixed with a factory reset right? Thank you so much! I was extremely paranoid! Thanks! :)

blackangel82

Oct 4, 2007
Phew! Thanks!! I was so worried that this was a hardware issue! I am a developer so I was testing out a tetris app yesterday, that can be probably cause I guess. Or maybe that just happens to the CPU sometimes. I've never done anything to overload it or anything but maybe it was working too hard to control all that extra power it was getting from that Nexus 7 charger. But that makes alot more sense! I was really worried because I baby all of my electronics and I would hate to have to send my phone into Google or for anything to be wrong with it. Software issues can all be fixed with a factory reset right? Thank you so much! I was extremely paranoid! Thanks! :)

Hi i can buy lg nexus 4 8gb, problem with phone is is itself reboot even in hboot recovery etc.
seller say:
"Phone stopped working after updating to the latest software, its gone into sleep mode does not switch on. Recovery mode turns it on but on most occasions turns of after a minute."

Is software issue or hardware ??

Regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!