[Q] Xperia L 4.1.2 Stuck at Boot Animation, need help [SOLVED]

Search This thread

codename_z

Jan 1, 2014
I just installed a font installer app. When I just installed a new font, the app ask for reboot. I rebooted my phone and it starts normally. But after 4 or 5 times I installed the others font and rebooted again and again, at the last time I rebooted, my phone stuck at the boot animation. Even 30 minutes it doesn't past the boot animation. How to fix it?

My phone is Sony Xperia L C2105 running Android 4.1.2 (15.0.A.2.17), rooted, bootloader is still locked.
I don't want to flash my phone because it will erase my data. I have some important contact and messages that I didn't have the backup yet.
I need help, it's really important for me.

Sorry for my bad English.
I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you.

Last edited:

iAyush

Sep 25, 2013
Kolkata
I use Font Installer, I just found it in Play Store and want to try that app, but I can't even use my phone now.
Did your brother got a solution for this problem?

My brother used MyFont app..installing any font would cause a reboot for him. So, he uninstalled the app when somehow his phone started after successive retries... try remove your battery and somehow start your phone and remove that app!
Btw, he rooted via Framaroot! What about you?

codename_z

Jan 1, 2014
My brother used MyFont app..installing any font would cause a reboot for him. So, he uninstalled the app when somehow his phone started after successive retries... try remove your battery and somehow start your phone and remove that app!
Btw, he rooted via Framaroot! What about you?

how many times he tried? And how long is needed for the battery to be removed?
Okay, I'll try this method. Wish that it will be work.
I rooted my device with Motochopper. I have tried using Framaroot, but it didn't work.

iAyush

Sep 25, 2013
Kolkata
how many times he tried? And how long is needed for the battery to be removed?
Okay, I'll try this method. Wish that it will be work.
I rooted my device with Motochopper. I have tried using Framaroot, but it didn't work.

Let me tell you again that he uses Xperia M. I have Xperia L and Framaroot didn't work for be too,I rooted using vRoot. Also, are you on the latest version. I don't think that might work but no harm trying..

codename_z

Jan 1, 2014
Let me tell you again that he uses Xperia M. I have Xperia L and Framaroot didn't work for be too,I rooted using vRoot. Also, are you on the latest version. I don't think that might work but no harm trying..

Yeah, I know. Sorry, hehehe. What the latest version? The firmware, the root tool or what?

G

GuestK0058

Download the correct FTF file here and flash it with Flashtool
A guide how to flash with Flashtool can be found here

Your data will be lost

codename_z

Jan 1, 2014
Which app did you use? You know, the same thing happened with my brother's Xperia M.

Download the correct FTF file here and flash it with Flashtool
A guide how to flash with Flashtool can be found here

Your data will be lost

Thanks all for the suggestions :)
But, I have found a solution for this problem.
The solution is to flash the device without wiping user data and cache (don't tick anything under the Wipe option). I just tried it and it was successful.
Now, my phone is back and I don't lose any app and my data.
But, once again, thank you :)