[SOLUTION] Successful flash of leaked NA6 ROM on Hong Kong 32g N9005

Search This thread

giovjs

Nov 5, 2014
:(

The problem was that Hong Kong Note 3 has a different partition structure for some reason and thus when trying to write the system partition, we got the infamous 'invalid ext4 image' error. I tried extracting the pit from the CSC file and partition with it, but it didn't work. Even tried it with heimdall. Still didn't work. But after a lot of reading, experimenting, and praying, I tried this.

2. Extract the 4 files.
3. Fire up Odin 3.09 and put the phone in download mode.
4. Load ONLY CSC file in Odin. (It contains the pit we need)
5. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked.
6. Flash it.
7. Reboot to Download mode.
8. Flash all 4 files normally.
9. Reboot to Kitkat.
10. Enjoy.

HI! im from argentina, here the note 9005 is not frequent to have. here comes the note n900 and this model dont have problem whit de firmwares, we can put on the mobile any firmware independently of te region.
this is different whit de 9005, i dont knew, and whit the note 9005 of HONG KONG whit 4.3 put on a firmware of different region, one whit the mode 9005XX 4.4 , ODIN give a ERROR . and the phone dont boot.

so.. y flash a correct firmware the 9005ZZ and the phone boot normality. but i have baseband unknow and IMEI NULL:

i try everything but dont have results.

i wanna try whit your mode. can you help me?

to flash the archive you post, what i have to proceed?

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
i wanna try whit your mode. can you help me?

to flash the archive you post, what i have to proceed?

I don't think that the 'unknown baseband' problem can be solved by simply flashing another firmware. There are a lot of threads about this problem and I would suggest you to look them up.

giovjs

Nov 5, 2014
I don't think that the 'unknown baseband' problem can be solved by simply flashing another firmware. There are a lot of threads about this problem and I would suggest you to look them up.
i read so many posts, and try everything but dont have any results. i dont know how arrives to this thread, one user whit the same problem use this firm for back to normal.
i just wanna know how can i do, for flash mi note 3, whit de firm posted. because, i just know do it whit the archive .tar, only ONE archive

giovjs

Nov 5, 2014
i read so many posts, and try everything but dont have any results. i dont know how arrives to this thread, one user whit the same problem use this firm for back to normal.
i just wanna know how can i do, for flash mi note 3, whit de firm posted. because, i just know do it whit the archive .tar, only ONE archive

OMG! XD. i can flash de firm, but doit something wrong,. y flash all the archives in the zip, the phone work, but really slow and bad, y try flash again the ORIGINAL FIRM of name 9005ZZ and give me ERROR :S. i cant back to the original firm :S somebody can help me??? :eek:

newbietweaker

Dec 6, 2013
HI Feralfire

Just wanted to ask some noob questions:
1. here's my n3's infos
- sm-9005
android 4.4.2
baseband N9005ZHUENJ1
i assume that my n3 is definitely compatible for this flash. right?
2. currently, the *2263# (the network code to lock 4g, though i am not sure if this is the right code since I havent accessed that for about a year now knowing that it is not working with my n3 version) is not available. my brother has a note 3 with a different baseband and this code is working with his n3. the question is this: if I flash my n3 with this, will it enable the network code? I just wanted to have an option to lock 4g...

3. since i have the newest baseband version, will this still work?

Thanks!

dubaidroid

Jan 21, 2015
dubai
Hi and thank you for this post. Just want to make sure if I can use ur method on my HK sm-n9005 32GB. Please see my attached pic.
Thanx

1421900947822.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2015
For all those users who have flashed their N9005 32GB HK and are facing Null Baseband and Null IMEI issue should flash their modems with "N9005XXUGNG1-files-modem.bin-boot.img-recovery.img-BTU" WITHOUT wipe data/factory reset via Odin. This will bring back their phone to normal. I cant post the download link because I'm a new user.

P.S: Setup your samsung wizard before flashing the modem.

Thumbs up if it worked for you.

Last edited:

mrsaya

Oct 26, 2013
For all those users who have flashed their N9005 32GB HK and are facing Null Baseband and Null IMEI issue should flash their modems with "N9005XXUGNG1-files-modem.bin-boot.img-recovery.img-BTU" WITHOUT wipe data/factory reset via Odin. This will bring back their phone to normal. I cant post the download link because I'm a new user.

P.S: Setup your samsung wizard before flashing the modem.

Thumbs up if it worked for you.

on which tab should i flash this modem in Odin? AP?CP?CSC?
please reply, i have an issue of null IMEI and unknown baseband.

ChoHenz

Jun 9, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hong Kong Note 3, 32gb, N9005ZHUENJ1

Hi,
I need help, I want to convert my TGY version to XEO or any Europe 5.0 lollipop,
Im now running N9005ZHUENJ1. this was the latest kitkat version for HK region i think.
I always end up with the image.ext.4 issues, pls help...

Last edited:

xenoyosh

Jan 21, 2009
Marikina
Which custom roms will work with the 16GB Hongkong Variant of the Note 3?
Thank you so much. I want to custom rom, but I am so locked by this annoying parition problem

dubaidroid

Jan 21, 2015
dubai
CHARM !!!

Having a Hong Kong version is a big NO for those who want to change their FWs. But your methods worked like a charm
Thanks a ton . You are a gifted soul. Used ur method to upgrade to 4.4.2 , from HK to Poland and later to 5.0 Lollipop on SM-N9005. Device is now rooted with CF root. Running smoothly.
Its now possible to change my firmwares to any country of choice....:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-19-44.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-19-44.png
    165 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-19-53.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-19-53.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-20-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-20-03.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-20-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-13-14-20-23.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem was that Hong Kong Note 3 has a different partition structure for some reason and thus when trying to write the system partition, we got the infamous 'invalid ext4 image' error. I tried extracting the pit from the CSC file and partition with it, but it didn't work. Even tried it with heimdall. Still didn't work. But after a lot of reading, experimenting, and praying, I tried this.

1. Download leaked ROM from here: Terafile; Google Docs; Torrent; Storage Cow
    2. Extract the 4 files.
    3. Fire up Odin 3.09 and put the phone in download mode.
    6. Flash it.
    7. Reboot to Download mode.
    8. Flash all 4 files normally.
    9. Reboot to Kitkat.
    10. Enjoy.
    Hi guys, I had the same issue with the 16GB Honk Kong version, and this is how I have finally resolved, trying the methods you suggested and others, and finally got it back to life this way (I'm posting in case this might be useful for any of you as well)

1.- Flash bootloader from N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX (Leaked Kit Kat version)
    2.- After reboot, flash bootloader, CP and CSC from the same version (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX). Flashing bootloader again might not be necessary, but this is how I did it, and how it worked, so I cannot confirm otherwise
    3.- Flash AP from N9005ZHUBMI7 (Honk Kong version)
    4.- Enter recovery mode and wiped system, cache and dalvik (just in case)
    4.- Flash autoroot (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
    5.- Flash CWM recovery for KitKat (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
    6.- Installed the latest version of SweetRom (SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip) from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2487425

So long it seems to be working correctly, battery consumption has increased, but this seems normal every time I change my ROM. Thanks again for all your help, and hopefully this will help someone else resolve the issue until the official version for the HK 16GB version is available.
    Do yuo have the N9005 hongkong version? Is it the 16gb or the 32gb model?

---------- Post added 21st January 2014 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th January 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

This worked for me. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do yuo have the N9005 hongkong version? Is it the 16gb or the 32gb model?

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

1. Download leaked ROM from here: http://x-mirror.cu.cc/Samsung/Note3/UnofficialFW/
    2. Extract the 4 files.
    3. Fire up Odin 3.09.
    6. Flash it.
    7. On your phone, something might happen. (I had Philz recovery. It automatically booted and asked me about installing some untrusted thing. I denied it.)
    8. Reboot to Download mode.
    9. Flash all 4 files normally.
    10. Reboot to Kitkat.
    11. Enjoy.

Have hongkong 16gb model failed when I try step 6.Its something about pit files. Did you do all this steps after you failed to upgrade at first time?
    Does anybody know where could I find the version for the 16GB Hong Kong version? Thanks!

There is no 16gb version. You will have to either wait for the official Hong Kong ROM or else go for a custom ROM.
    I am glad it helped you. :)

This will only work on 32 gb or 64 gb devices. The 16 gb n9005 needs a different pit file which is not provided for any ROM other than the Hong Kong roms. For some reason, Samsung decided that Hong Kong phones should have a different partition table than the rest of the world.

Follow this thread this PIT should work for your 16GB and download the file
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616103