Update on wifi

Search This thread

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
I know the 4.4.2 update will only download over WiFi but will it prompt me that the update is available even if I'm not on Wi-Fi? My G2 still says it's up to date but I usually check for the update over a cellular connection

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
I know the 4.4.2 update will only download over WiFi but will it prompt me that the update is available even if I'm not on Wi-Fi? My G2 still says it's up to date but I usually check for the update over a cellular connection

Man i tell'ya, that was the same with me. Then i got the FIBER connection on my GSM phone and there was it....UPDATEEEEE ;)

NevetsDrassel

Sep 24, 2013
Update is over wifi only unless you download the zip file and install that way. You need the D80010q update before the KK update becomes available.

Sent from my LG-D800

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Assuming AT&T model. I do not think that you will receive notification unless you have the 10q installed.

Sent from my LG-D800

Last edited:

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
I'm on T-Mobile. My software version is D80110g. Whenever I manually check for an update via the update center, it tells me that my phone is up to date. I have been under the impression that the T-Mobile LG G2 update is available when you manually check

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Update is over wifi only unless you download the zip file and install that way. You need the D80010q update before the KK update becomes available.

Sent from my LG-D800

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Assuming AT&T model. I do not think that you will receive notification unless you have the 10q installed.

Sent from my LG-D800

d801 is different model so they will not have a 10q update it will have a different letter at the end

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I'm on T-Mobile. My software version is D80110g. Whenever I manually check for an update via the update center, it tells me that my phone is up to date. I have been under the impression that the T-Mobile LG G2 update is available when you manually check

you can try contacting your carrier support service ans see if you can get them to push the update to you or you can use this if you want root and recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673736) or you can try this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2664028) this option remains totally stock