The s pen features stopped working

Search This thread

jpkillerage

Feb 22, 2014
I made this account to adrress the issue here, as ive not seen someone realy give an answer before apart from 'restart your device' or 'turn air command on'
The story s short: one day it worked, the other day i updated the tab to 4.2 and then it stopped working... i went back to 4.1 and it still didnt work, so now im stuck without being able to open the menu, nor can i use the button related features.
Ive tested my s pen on other note, and it works perfectly too, so im sure it has to do with my device.
Any help, ideas or well... anything???
Thanks in advance

jpkillerage

Feb 22, 2014
I made this account to adrress the issue here, as ive not seen someone realy give an answer before apart from 'restart your device' or 'turn air command on'
The story s short: one day it worked, the other day i updated the tab to 4.2 and then it stopped working... i went back to 4.1 and it still didnt work, so now im stuck without being able to open the menu, nor can i use the button related features.
Ive tested my s pen on other note, and it works perfectly too, so im sure it has to do with my device.
Any help, ideas or well... anything???
Thanks in advance

Some more info: i checked and in 4.1 theres no air command option now (if there ever was). Cant remember if there was such an option in 4.2, but i guess there was...

Maybe i somehiw turned it off, then it dssapeared then when i went back to 4.1 i lost the option to actually turn it on??????

jjansen1609

Oct 5, 2011
S pen not working

I have an Note 8 N5120. I have also lost access to my pen. The pen itself works fine on my Note 2. It is possible that it was related to the latest update to version 4.2.2. I do not have any idea how to get access back. I am probably going to do a factory reset but I didn't really want to lose my level in Candy Crush :). Rooting is another possibility and of course it could be the proximity sensor hardware in the device. If anyone else has run into this and then fixed it please let us know.

jpkillerage

Feb 22, 2014
There was is Air Command in Note 8.0. Air command was introduced with Note 3.0

however, if you mean the "quick command" then you press the button on pen and drag from bottom of screen towards top.
and that should bring out the panel for you.

what I meant was trying to bring up to the menu by touching the button On The spen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    See if you have Spen settings under System

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    See if you have Spen settings under System

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

There was is Air Command in Note 8.0. Air command was introduced with Note 3.0

however, if you mean the "quick command" then you press the button on pen and drag from bottom of screen towards top.
    and that should bring out the panel for you.