[Tool][Vodafone+Unbranded!]One & Only easy + working downgrade for revolutionary

Search This thread

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
yup thats exactlywat I did last nite !! could only think of this option !

btw my CID is HTC__001

but the issue remains there !! I'm still stuck on Hboot 1.49.0011, your tool RELOCKS the bootloader but doesn't Flash RUU that its supposed to !!

now what to do ! ??

once again being an ASIAN EVO 3D meant for regions like PAKISTAN, MALAYSIA and SINGAPORE, do u think process to flash RUU might be different ?

Hey bud, noticed your problem with hboot 1.49.0011.

Had this problem myself, make sure you are NOT running leedroid Rom first.

Then look in this forum section for the thread how to downgrade almost every gsm EVO 3d. You must hexedit the PG86img.zip, to lower the software version below the current one.

I believe mine was 1.22.707.3 on the phone, changed the ImG.zip to 120.707.3.

No more cancelled update image fail.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: devilzeye793

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen

Then look in this forum section for the thread how to downgrade almost every gsm EVO 3d. You must hexedit the PG86img.zip, to lower the software version below the current one.

no need to do it yourself when I am doing it automatically. Possible leeDroid is the reason but I doubt that

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
no need to do it yourself when I am doing it automatically. Possible leeDroid is the reason but I doubt that

This was specific to our hboot, and hardware version with your tool. I tried upon your first creation unsuccessfully. Only when reading the other thread, did I find out how to downgrade 1.49.0011 correctly.

Your tool shows only black progress bar, instead of green.

The only way to check is try mounting the devblck031 or whatever with leedroid installed, it won't work on the regular leedroid ROM. Maybe specific to this model, but when loading romeos ROM and running that same command I get the proper permissions to write back the modified file.

Another way to check, leedroid Rom, look at superuser and update the Su binary, you will see an error in red.
remember that, cause romeos didn't have that error and the root rewrite of blck031 worked as pictured in the other thread relating to hexediting.

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
Another reason why this does not work on his version, is because his cid of the Taiwan gsm model is as mine, HTC__044 which is NOT on your supported list. It CAN be downgraded manually with all required files just not using this batch script.

Last edited:

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
Another reason why this does not work on his version, is because his cid of the Taiwan gsm model is as mine, HTC__044 which is NOT on your supported list. It can be downgraded manually with all required files just not using this batch script.

he never said that, he has changed its cid.

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
yup thats exactlywat I did last nite !! could only think of this option !

btw my CID is HTC__001

but the issue remains there !! I'm still stuck on Hboot 1.49.0011, your tool RELOCKS the bootloader but doesn't Flash RUU that its supposed to !!

now what to do ! ??

once again being an ASIAN EVO 3D meant for regions like PAKISTAN, MALAYSIA and SINGAPORE, do u think process to flash RUU might be different ?

I'm trying to help him. Being as I have this model, tried your tool, from birth to present, and other iterations, I am trying to help soneone, not discourage.

I had the initial discussion with you about running the cid script twice in order to make it effective.. in your own thread here, first couple pages.

Anyways perhaps I will pm him, just trying to POST information that is searchable, either on xda or Google, and helpful to other members that I know what works.

devilzeye793

Jan 18, 2011
Lahore

yeah I sure am gonna give it a try this weekend !!

THX THX alot !! I can already see this working for me ! coz even i think Stock/LeeDroid SU permissions were causing major fuss !!

and could you plz re-confirm that PG86IMG.zip part .....wat did you renamed it to ???? that was a bit confusing !!

i'll give it a try with Romeo ROM !!! i thought i would never be able to downgrade it .....but now I have hope !! thanks mate !!

God Bless ! =D

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

try what scarilio said... worths a try =)

lol yeah I was stupid not to jump to next page and read wat he had to say on it !!! Thank you both !! =)

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
yeah I sure am gonna give it a try this weekend !!

THX THX alot !! I can already see this working for me ! coz even i think Stock/LeeDroid SU permissions were causing major fuss !!

and could you plz re-confirm that PG86IMG.zip part .....wat did you renamed it to ???? that was a bit confusing !!

i'll give it a try with Romeo ROM !!! i thought i would never be able to downgrade it .....but now I have hope !! thanks mate !!

God Bless ! =D

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

lol yeah I was stupid not to jump to next page and read wat he had to say on it !!! Thank you both !! =)

in my zip is a file called <rom.zip> rename it to <PG86IMG.zip> without the " <> "
but step1 must be working too.

Snowled

Aug 1, 2011
Worked perfectly. Stock rom with root & LeeDroid didn't let me do step one, but E3DLight worked like a treat. Thanks for this Flashmania and Revolutionary!

aryuautku

Feb 19, 2011
Worked wonders, I've been trying for 10+ hours..

Just make sure you wait 8-9 minutes when it is stuck on the htc logo and when you remove the usb cable it sas RUU.

And make sure you have at least 80% battery before starting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS DOES ONLY WORK ON GINGERBREAD AND ON A BOOTLOADER VERSION <=1.49.x18
    Disclaimer: You do that because you want it. Noone forces you to do that. Problems always can be solved, I will help as much as I can.

NEW
    you can now watch a video where you see how to do it. But quality, sorry I have no good camera.

This will downgrade your hboot to 1.49.0007
    If you is branded by any other carrier then vodafone, this won't work. (Unbranded Device's too)
    Why is that so? Because it is not possible til now to debrand your device.
    I have tried plenty things with some friends, sadly no luck at all.
    CID changing does not work for branded devices, if there is not more than one RUU.

Unbranded:
    This Tool will work, if your device has one of the following CID's.
    Code:
    cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__N34
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

Vodafone Branded:
    This Tool will work, if your device has one of the following CID's.
    Code:
    cidnum: VODAP001
    cidnum: VODAP102
    cidnum: VODAPE17
    cidnum: VODAP304
    <[B]New[/B]>
    cidnum: VODAP120
    cidnum: VODAP203

If your cid is not on the list, you cannot downgrade your device yet.

How to:
    • Download this Tool for an unbranded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device with CID VODAP120 OR VODAP203!
    • RUN Step1.exe
    • RUN Step2.exe
    • RUN Step3.exe

It might stuck at the very end of the procedure.
    20120208_001.jpg

Don't worry, it's okay. Just remove battery and reboot.

Please, if you are experience problems, describe everything you have done and I will try to help.

Have fun and enjoy your freedom.

Always remember; you are a noob on xda :) I am also one, so does not one feel attacked.

Credits:
    HTC for the leck
    Revolutionary Team for ZergRush
    s_uperman for the idea :)
    Like I said I downloaded TWICE and step2.exe doesn't extract it says that that file is corrupted in both downloads. Took 4 hours to download twice. and the SAME file is corrupted.

The zip is alright. Your download just failed. You can download all the steps here
    Ok I think I got it.

If follow this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1248231 thread. to unlock bootloader and install a cmw

then flash the kernel image file of leedroid (boot.img from inside leedroid.zip) using "Fastboot flash boot boot.img" while still in fastboot mode

then enter recovery and flash the leedroid rom (the ledroid.zip)

then i should be able to boot and run your tool ? from leedroid home screen in charging mode , debug enabled/drivers installed

sorry, i just need someone who knows what they are doing to confirm.

exactly this way men.
    http://min.us/ms2cyh0xt

here is the mirror of the tool.......
    so, new evo 3d GSM unbranded, hboot 1.49.0018 - this will work ok right?

unlock with htcdev.com and then run the tools?

just taking ages to download -.-

take the minus mirror - should be faster.
    no, you also need to be prerooted, flash a custom ROM after unlocking.
    then you can run step1. No errors on step1? then run step2.