[APP][UPDATE][MOD]Google Wallet Working on 4.3 Rom!!!!!!!!! 2/5/14

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
UPDATED 3rd. POST WITH RESULTS OF GETTING WALLET TO WORK WITH NFC WORKING!

IF YOU DON'T SEE ANY OF THOSE THINGS ON YOUR SCREEN NO NEED TO GO TEST IT!
IT WILL NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT SETTING IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::D
Had to restore a TW Rom, Skynote!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I got the tap nfc setup to show up by using skynote wallet build.prop. But it still fails on set up. By the way I am on Jedi 17.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379534039134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379534039134.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 189
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379534052389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379534052389.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 184

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I got the tap nfc setup to show up by using skynote wallet build.prop. But it still fails on set up. By the way I am on Jedi 17.

Oh thanx. Yeah I got mine to fully set up. But haven't flash the finalize zip, to revert back to the GN2 build prop yet!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
So u kept hitting the setup button until it worked?

Yes & yes. But I did have it set up on this phone b4 if that matters. That just might be the reason why it's working. When I get back home I'm going to go ahead and update my AT&T GN2 to the new app... Hopefully it'll be successful!! Fingers double crossed.... Also just made a successful transaction! With the new wallet app, after setting up the tap and pay!
havyjyqy.jpg

Last edited:

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes & yes. But I did have it set up on this phone b4 if that matters. That just might be the reason why it's working. When I get back home I'm going to go ahead and update my AT&T GN2 to the new app... Hopefully it'll be successful!! Fingers double crossed.... Also just made a successful transaction! With the new wallet app, after setting up the tap and pay!
havyjyqy.jpg

So when u kept hitting the button what build prop were u using?

TXRangerXDA

Aug 13, 2010
Austin, TX
I had issues earlier, so I completely uninstalled the app (I have been using the older app with no issues, on every ROM I have tried) and modified my build.prop file to be Galaxy Nexus. Rebooted and installed from play store. Did the setup with no issues, changed build.prop back and rebooted. The I bought gas and used NFC to pay at the pump. Awesome. Thanks guys, and how this helps. Start clean with a modified build.prop and keep your fingers crossed. No need for xposed anymore either.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
And now my original question was answered. The tap and pay was missing in first set of screen shots. Having never used the app, I could not see how to actually do the tap and pay part, even at the insistence of a couple of posts. Still would not have figured it out as I mistakenly thought all I needed was the screen and NFC on.

So, if I am reading this right, we can use the updated app, modify the build.prop to get it running and not have to use xposed module for any of it?

Thanks everyone for hopefully figuring it out. Really would like to use this ability.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TXRangerXDA

Aug 13, 2010
Austin, TX
And now my original question was answered. The tap and pay was missing in first set of screen shots. Having never used the app, I could not see how to actually do the tap and pay part, even at the insistence of a couple of posts. Still would not have figured it out as I mistakenly thought all I needed was the screen and NFC on.

So, if I am reading this right, we can use the updated app, modify the build.prop to get it running and not have to use xposed module for any of it?

Thanks everyone for hopefully figuring it out. Really would like to use this ability.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep. That's my experience.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
Can we get some clear responses, please, instead of "yes". I'm so confused.

What I'm gathering is:

1: NFC "tap to pay" does not work/appear on TW roms. Which roms is it appearing on and working with?

2: a build.prop change helps. For what roms? What's the exact key and value needed?

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Can we get some clear responses, please, instead of "yes". I'm so confused.

What I'm gathering is:

1: NFC "tap to pay" does not work/appear on TW roms. Which roms is it appearing on and working with?

2: a build.prop change helps. For what roms? What's the exact key and value needed?

Nfc tap does appear on tw roms. You need to edit build prop first before installing app. Then set it up to see if it works. I am on Jedi 17 a TW ROM but could not get mine to work. The tap did show up after build prop edit. Just didn't want to work for me. Others have gotten in to work.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379559770868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379559770868.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 187

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
Nfc tap does appear on tw roms. You need to edit build prop first before installing app. Then set it up to see if it works. I am on Jedi 17 a TW ROM but could not get mine to work. The tap did show up after build prop edit. Just didn't want to work for me. Others have gotten in to work.

Guessing I need to switch to web view. If the key and value are in some of these pics, the xda app doesn't want me to see them..boo.

Nope. No key/values for build.prop in the pictures, and I seem to be blind if they're listed in here.

Would someone please post that for the rest of us? Thanks!

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Ok sorry I haven't gotten bank here. Had to work and just got off so kinda tired...:(:beer:
I'll give a brief update:
I notice that when I was on the Nexus build prop the tap feature popped up. For me to set it up! Right after I installed it on my restore of (SKYNOTE 9.3 Rom)... Just grabbed GW from the play store:thumbup:.

Note 1: it didn't set up on the first try. It failed quite a bit!!

--NOTE2: my back up I had was, already set to Nexus build prop!! Fyi
That's when I made my transaction with that set up... ANOTHER THING TO NOTE: IS THAT MADCO WALLET HACK IS ALSO included with the back up!! Which is what I had when I set up the few spool for the first time! NOT SURE IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT WORKING...

Up-date:
after skynote finalize zip flashed. Which puts it back to the GN2 build prop. I went to a gas station where I never go.., went in to try it. It processed! But didn't go thru to the cashier?
sy5a3a7e.jpg
Wtf chuck..:mad::banghead:
But he says yes it works! He ask;
You sure yours is working? yes. I just used it a few hours ago?:confused:

Anyway I try a few more times, now it's someone else behind me in line.:eek::thumbdown: Screw it pay with cash, get my beer and be HAPPY.. Lol

EDIT:::
The first pics in the OP, were from when I was on a 4.3v Rom!! So inn turn wasn't quite right to get NFC payments working correctly!:mad:

WHY! BECAUSE GOOGLE IS LOOKING FOR THE DEVICE FROM THEY'RE LIST OF AUTHORIZED DEVICES!! B.S.

Sorry if my words are a lil jumbled had a few beers after work. LOL
Hope this info helps!
Me 2¢®

Edit#2:
I'll go back to the same 7/11 and make another purchase with the GN2 build prop setting. Just TO make sure the payment going too go thru..
With that set up... Will report back 2morw with RESULTS...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Reactions: Norma Stitz

TXRangerXDA

Aug 13, 2010
Austin, TX
Hopefully I can help more. I do have mine set up, on an AT&T Note II, and I did use it to pay for gas at a pump. Here is what I did. I am running Beanstalk 4.3, but I think it will work on any rooted ROM.
1. Uninstall Wallet altogether.
2. Optional, remove Xposed module and uninstall, as it does not seem necessary.
3. Edit build.prop and set the below values (make a backup).
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro
4. Reboot
5. Got to Play Store and install Wallet
6. Open wallet.
7. Go through the setup, then you should see Set up Tap to Pay.
8. Tap to set up and wait a few seconds. If it fails, try again. Mine worked first time under these steps, but had failed earlier with more extensive build.prop edits.
9. Once it is setup, reboot and ensure it is still setup properly.
10. Restore build.prop and reboot again.
11. Open the app and make sure you still have Tap to Pay (there will be an option to Change Tap and Pay settings)
12. Go to CVS (or your favorite contactless payment retailer) and test it out :)

Edit: Nexus, not Nexys

Last edited:

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
Thank you for the clear steps. Hopefully the build.props should be all I need for using CleanRom.

And I'm pretty sure that key value should be "nexus", and that "nexys" was just a typo.

I'll do a full backup today and cross my fingers!! Thanks again!

-----

TXRangerXDA

Aug 13, 2010
Austin, TX
Thank you for the clear steps. Hopefully the build.props should be all I need for using CleanRom.

And I'm pretty sure that key value should be "nexus", and that "nexys" was just a typo.

I'll do a full backup today and cross my fingers!! Thanks again!

-----

Yep, Nexus. Edited my post. Thanks.
It should work on CleanRom. I have setup Wallet on Cleanrom many times using those exact edits to the build.prop, but using an older Wallet apk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!- 3/13/14
    No need to change any build prop or anything. Found a apk that has a MOD build right in!:thumbup::D
    To make our devices look like a nexus to Google wallet. Luv it !!!!

First I'll like to give credit to @loserskater for this MOD!!!
    And who ever else helped with this..
    Link to main thread HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45899656
    SO MAKE SURE YOU GO HERE^^^^^^^ AND THANK HIM FOR HIS WORK!!!!!

Install Instructions:
    Pre Install
    1. Push/copy the modified nfcee_access.xml attached to this post to /system/etc
    2. Make sure permissions are set correctly (644, rw-r--r--)
    3. Reboot
    OR

1. Open nfcee_access.xml and add the following line:
      Code:
    2. Reboot

New Install
    1. Install the wallet apk like any other app. Do NOT push to /system/app

Upgrading from 1.x+
    1. If you already have Wallet installed reset it (open Wallet>menu>Settings>Reset Google wallet)
    2. Go to Wallet app settings (Settings>Application Manager>Wallet)
    3. Force stop and Clear data
    4. Using a file explorer with root access (Root Exlporer, Solid Explorer, etc.) go to /system/app
    5. Remove all instances of wallet you may have (Wallet.apk, com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel*.apk)
    6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 but go to /data/app
    7. Reboot
    8. Install the wallet apk like any other app. Do NOT push to /system/app
    After you do the above Install method you'll get an error from Google.
    Just because you get the Sign in error from Google. The App will still work with no issues. Its been confirmed by me!!!
    Upgrading from 2.0-R151-v8 and older
    1. Go to Wallet app settings (Settings>Application Manager>Wallet)
    2. Uninstall updates
    3. Using a file explorer with root access (Root Exlporer, Solid Explorer, etc.) go to /system/app
    4. Remove all instances of wallet you may have (Wallet.apk, com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel*.apk)
    5. Reboot
    6. Install the wallet apk like any other app. Do NOT push to /system/app

Upgrading from 2.0-R151-v8-update and newer
    1. Install the wallet apk like any other app. Do NOT push to /system/app
    2. After you perform the pre-install steps above!!!!!

New install method!!! 2/5/14
    nfcee_access.xml

com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R151-v8-MODDED-update.apk
    Updated 03-13-2014
    com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R155-v14-MODDED.apk
    Md5-b9b0fdc0d6b19a9eb3050d77fca6f0a3

Updates:
    R151-v8: Now reports device as Nexus 4.
    R151-v8-update: Big changes! New install process. For some reason adding loyalty cards with the camera would not work as a system app. So I had to re-sign the apk with my own private key, that way it can be installed as a user app. But because of the new signature, it had to be added to nfcee_access.xml so make sure you update that as well!

Issues:
    R151-v8: Adding loyalty cards causes a FC. To get around this you can install the stock app, add the loyalty cards and then install this modified version.
    Install the udpate

Downloads:
    com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R133-v9-MODDED.apk

com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R133-V14-MODDED.apk

com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R141-V14-MODDED.apk

com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.0-R151-v8-MODDED.apk

THE ABOVE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ APK MUST BE "PUSHED" INTO YOUR SYSTEM WITH SOME TYPE OF ROOT EXPLORER. AFTER PUSHING IN INTO YOUR SYSTEM FIX PERMISSIONS TO:
    RW-R-R

Updates:
    R151-v8: Now reports device as Nexus 4.

Issues:
    R151-v8: Adding loyalty cards causes a FC. To get around this you can install the stock app, add the loyalty cards and then install this modified version.
    Above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ issue is solved by doing the New install Method!!!!

AFTER DOING THE STEPS ABOVE, THEN REBOOT BACK INTO RECOVERY, FLASH THE NFC FIX FILE. REBOOT SET UP WALLET APP AND ENJOY PAYING WITH YOUR PHONE!!!!!

Just noticed that Google Wallet was updated TODAY and I decided to try it on this 4.3 ROM. Found in the play store HERE

With the new MOD for Google wallet. Located above in the OP!!!
    You can now flash the new NFC fix that @loserskater made:thumbup:.
    That will give you they option for TAP and PAY feature...
    File found HERE:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973239
    e5eqahuz.jpg

After installing updated version I was able to add my loyalty cards! Instructions above^^^^....:thumbup:
    Now I can take them off my keys!:D

Latest released version below»»»
    je7ydu7u.jpg

zunyga2e.jpg

ahutuve4.jpg
    a4y8evu6.jpg

geqebu4u.jpg

Isis SIM cards do work with Google wallet. It's been confirmed!!
    Oh yeah! Simply had to delete the Isis app to complete setup. Made a purchase today with the stupid Isis sim still installed. Thanks for your help.
    I think Bajanman should be a "Recognized Contributor" for this thread, and others he maintains :)
    Hopefully I can help more. I do have mine set up, on an AT&T Note II, and I did use it to pay for gas at a pump. Here is what I did. I am running Beanstalk 4.3, but I think it will work on any rooted ROM.
    1. Uninstall Wallet altogether.
    2. Optional, remove Xposed module and uninstall, as it does not seem necessary.
    3. Edit build.prop and set the below values (make a backup).
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro
    4. Reboot
    5. Got to Play Store and install Wallet
    6. Open wallet.
    7. Go through the setup, then you should see Set up Tap to Pay.
    8. Tap to set up and wait a few seconds. If it fails, try again. Mine worked first time under these steps, but had failed earlier with more extensive build.prop edits.
    9. Once it is setup, reboot and ensure it is still setup properly.
    10. Restore build.prop and reboot again.
    11. Open the app and make sure you still have Tap to Pay (there will be an option to Change Tap and Pay settings)
    12. Go to CVS (or your favorite contactless payment retailer) and test it out :)

Edit: Nexus, not Nexys
    I can get it to work by changing the build.prop, but was not able to get it to work using the Loserskater modified APK.
    Is this meant to be used with or without the modded APK?

I'm USING an AOSP 4.3 rom...

It works with the modded apk for 4.3 tw roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG SGH-I317 running 4.3