[Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Search This thread

Cryptecks

Aug 1, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Re: [Kernel][1/17] jac0b.b7

Try putting your lower CPU speed to 384Mhz if its on 192Mhz and see it that works.

It's been more than 24 hours and I've yet to have this problem again, hopefully anyone having this issue will find this fix, thanks for the awesome kernel jac0b!

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

w0tha

Jun 30, 2012
Great to see the new release jac0b, i will be testing it out today.

One problem i have had with all custom kernals is that whenever i turn on sweep2wake i run into problems. I will be using my phone without issue, i then let it sit for 15 mins+ and when coming back it won't s2w, i press the power button to turn on the screen and it comes up, but the screen doesn't respond to any touch at all. Quick restart fixes it.

When i turn off S2W with SetCPU i don't have any issues whatsoever.

Anything specific you need from me if this issue is still present so we can figure it out?

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Great to see the new release jac0b, i will be testing it out today.

One problem i have had with all custom kernals is that whenever i turn on sweep2wake i run into problems. I will be using my phone without issue, i then let it sit for 15 mins+ and when coming back it won't s2w, i press the power button to turn on the screen and it comes up, but the screen doesn't respond to any touch at all. Quick restart fixes it.

When i turn off S2W with SetCPU i don't have any issues whatsoever.

Anything specific you need from me if this issue is still present so we can figure it out?

Put your lowest CPU clock to 384 instead of 192.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: w0tha

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
could this kernel possibly fix the unresponsive touchscreen that is present on AOSP-based ROMs and phone that have hboot 2.14? I was reading h8shift's reply and he said it's related to kernel.

I searched the thread but I didn't see any discussion on it.

thanks! :)

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37228118&postcount=955

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37425462&postcount=578

-------

I've tried AOKP and miui.us and both have unresponsive touchscreen. I didn't even bother to try cm10.1 based on what the dev mentioned about 2.14 hboots.

Unfortunately it won't work due to the kernel getting updated in Sense and the firmware along with it... until we get kernel source for the newer JB ROMs, we won't be able to get touchscreen working on the 2.14 HBoot.

waktasz

Mar 12, 2011
I'm currently having an issue with 7.1 that I was also having on version 7. I set the governor to ktoonservative in Kernel Tuner, and now if I try to go back to the CPU tweaks menu, the app FC. If I open set CPU, the app hangs and then if I wait for the screen to time out it will not wake up from sleep and I have to reboot the phone. Is there a way to force a reset back to the default governor? I delated app data for Kernel Tuner but that didnt work.

Thanks

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm currently having an issue with 7.1 that I was also having on version 7. I set the governor to ktoonservative in Kernel Tuner, and now if I try to go back to the CPU tweaks menu, the app FC. If I open set CPU, the app hangs and then if I wait for the screen to time out it will not wake up from sleep and I have to reboot the phone. Is there a way to force a reset back to the default governor? I delated app data for Kernel Tuner but that didnt work.

Thanks

Did you set both CPUs to ktoonservative? I will try to replicate it.

UPDATE: Don't set both CPUs to ktoonservative, Also I personally don't like Kernel Tuner I use SetCPU.

Last edited:

waktasz

Mar 12, 2011
Yes.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the kernel (Ive been on b7 for a while now and have now issues) or Kernel Tuner, which I only recently downloaded a few days ago.

I did find that there is a setting inside of Kernel Tuner to reset all settings after a new kernel is flashed, but I'm not able to get back to it now because the app crashes when I open it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

And now after about a million reboots and reflashing b7, clearing data in Kernel Tuner I'm able to change the settings again. I tried setting it to ktoons again and the same thing happens so my phone definitely doesn't like that governor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
    Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you. :)

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
    If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
    b7.1 - latest CM source
    b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
    b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
    b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
    b6 - UV tweaks, Higher FSB, 4.7 optimization
    b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
    b5.1 - merged with CM source
    b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
    b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
    b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
    b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
    b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
    b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
    b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
    b1 - initial release
    Just flashed your kernel since I was having crazy battery drain with rohan's latest...but sad to see no sweep2wake (as far as I can tell..."Not found" when I scanned with the latest Kernel Tuner).

Think maybe this could be implemented?

Also- props for the stock freqs, voltages, and no voltage control. Undervolting is a ruse and I'm glad you opted for stability.

Hoping for dat sweep2wake and thanks for your work so far!!

As requested I added sweep2wake.
    b6 - UV tweaks, Higher FSB, 4.7 optimization
    b3 is now final
    Congrats on getting this baby up :) Glad you finally fixed all the issues you were encountering.
    Best of luck :D