[Q] Gear I Brick

Search This thread

willi22

Jun 20, 2014
Hi, while enjoying the room's flashing the gear I made a mistake and lost control of the clock: (
I can not enter download mode and recovery: (
Gear displays only the information:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Plase select recovery mode in Kies & try again.
Please help because I do not know how to fix it.

i91crxsi

Jan 17, 2011
Hi, while enjoying the room's flashing the gear I made a mistake and lost control of the clock: (
I can not enter download mode and recovery: (
Gear displays only the information:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Plase select recovery mode in Kies & try again.
Please help because I do not know how to fix it.

Make sure that you have right clicked and unblocked both odin 3.09 and do the same for the mk7 firmware.

Reboot your galaxy gear watch,

Flash the MK7 in Odin.

alprazolam

Apr 19, 2009
What do you mean by right clicking and unblocking Odin? I tried right clicking on my windows 8 pc and I don't see anything about unblocking. I tried running as admin and checked file permissions, which were all in check.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I believe when he said right click, he means to right click the odin icon, and select "run as administrator"

as for unblocking, I think he meant to make sure the "auto reboot" and "repartitioning" is unchecked.

alprazolam

Apr 19, 2009
Thank you. I think my issue is that I cannot get my pc to recognize the gear. I know that it has worked before, because I used this same pc to root and install roms on the same gear watch.

Edit: I got it figured out. I was trying to upgrade to Tizen. Wouldn't work. Flashed back to MK7.

Last edited:

i91crxsi

Jan 17, 2011
I believe when he said right click, he means to right click the odin icon, and select "run as administrator"

as for unblocking, I think he meant to make sure the "auto reboot" and "repartitioning" is unchecked.

My apologies everybody,

what I meant is to right click>properties, and at the bottom it will say something about this program is blocked for your protection and to the right of it, will be an unblock button]

images

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I've tried so many Tizen firmware downloads, and haven't had any success.

I'm going to keep on trying though :)

Will keep you guys updated.

lokidokie

Mar 10, 2008
Brisbane
Similar issue, haven't found a solution.
My watch is stuck on a screen saying
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

Can't get it into recovery or download mode.
If I hold the power button, it just flashes off quickly, then straight back into that screen.

If I try to flash something in Odin, the device does "connect" or show up in Odin, but gets stuck on the Setup Connection stage.

Any ideas??

Last edited:

lokidokie

Mar 10, 2008
Brisbane
Similar issue, haven't found a solution.
My watch is stuck on a screen saying
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

Can't get it into recovery or download mode.
If I hold the power button, it just flashes off quickly, then straight back into that screen.

If I try to flash something in Odin, the device does "connect" or show up in Odin, but gets stuck on the Setup Connection stage.

Any ideas??

Ok... Fixed my issue.

Just had to flash the MK7 firmware. That was the ONLY one that works.
Thanks all!

chleb

Jun 28, 2010
Hi Willi

How did you put it in download mode?I'm in the same situation :(

When your Gear displays "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again", it's already in download mode.
An emergency-recovery-sort-of, download mode.

Just flash matching version rom, depending on what you were trying to do.
If it was android or null_rom, reflash android.

if it was android and you wanted to upgrade it to Tizen, flash the very first version of tizen (NE9), not the newer NF1.
NE9 allow to upgrade Android to Tizen, NF1 just allow to update Tizen to newer Tizen, and bricks Gear if trying to upgrade from Android.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53899604&postcount=12

Last edited:

americo85

Nov 22, 2012
When your Gear displays "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again", it's already in download mode.
An emergency-recovery-sort-of, download mode.

Just flash matching version rom, depending on what you were trying to do.
If it was android or null_rom, reflash android.

if it was android and you wanted to upgrade it to Tizen, flash the very first version of tizen (NE9), not the newer NF1.
NE9 allow to upgrade Android to Tizen, NF1 just allow to update Tizen to newer Tizen, and bricks Gear if trying to upgrade from Android.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53899604&postcount=12

I sorted it out,I had to unbrick my galaxy gear and then Install tizen.

Now it says I have the software version V700XXUCNE9 This is the first one right? where do I get the newest one so I can update it?

chleb

Jun 28, 2010
I sorted it out,I had to unbrick my galaxy gear and then Install tizen.

Now it says I have the software version V700XXUCNE9 This is the first one right? where do I get the newest one so I can update it?

To update you can use Gear Manager on your smartphone, it will download the 2 or 3 MB update package, and send it to the Gear.