Faint crackling from the earpiece

Search This thread

painkillaz

Nov 22, 2007
Frisco
Does anyone else hear a faint crackling from the earpiece, similar to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/help/hear-faint-static-earpiece-normal-t2454552

It's very faint, but enough to bother me a lot during a call, and it persists, but not as much when I am out of a call.

This is normal right?

I used to have this problem but then someone here (can't remember who unfortunately) told me to open the dialer, click the menu button, go into call settings, and disable voice enhancement.

Ever since I did that I haven't heard the crackling. Hope this helps

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
I thought I was crazy when I heard it but turning off voice enhancement doesn't get rid of it. Fortunately it's faint.

Trichael Man

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah the voice enhancement didn't get rid of it :/ Is it worth returning it in for a new one? It's already rooted :c

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
After a second trip to the sprint store with the problem already documented in their system they finally agreed to order a replacement for me. Hopefully the new one isn't part of the same batch that had the problem.

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
After a second trip to the sprint store with the problem already documented in their system they finally agreed to order a replacement for me. Hopefully the new one isn't part of the same batch that had the problem.

Please let me know the outcome. I'll be honest. I'm not sure this g3 is really all that I thought Or hoped it to be. I'm not saying it sucks. I do believe were all just really in need of an update. Lots of quirks. On mine at times.

Sent from rotary technology Phone

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
Please let me know the outcome. I'll be honest. I'm not sure this g3 is really all that I thought Or hoped it to be. I'm not saying it sucks. I do believe were all just really in need of an update. Lots of quirks. On mine at times.

Yeah it's definitely got some quirks that need a software update to fix but what phone doesn't have them? It's just part of modern day technology. I still love the phone though. I'll let u know how the replacement goes...

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Yeah it's definitely got some quirks that need a software update to fix but what phone doesn't have them? It's just part of modern day technology. I still love the phone though. I'll let u know how the replacement goes...

Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

lowpro3210

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
Indeed I know this all too well..I truly believe they are getting close. Anyway. I thank you. Just dying to know. Mine is brand new. Well 2 weeks. Or less. Its always crackling. Makes me miss the m8. Lol

mine does the crackling too :( only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software

Last edited:

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town

OK update... New replacement in hand since last Saturday and made numerous calls with and without the charger connected and do not hear the crackling... Definitely a faulty unit.
Take it back if it is. They may not take it right away unless they can reproduce the sound immediately. Eventually they will if u take it back and complain a second time.

mine does the crackling too :( only when the phone is on speaker; I wasn't sure if this was a defect or something that needed to be updated via software

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
I'm getting this too. I've done the volume mod. Do you think it could be part of the problem. . I hardly ever use my phone to actually call so I'm not sure if it did this before or not.

The crackling does not sound like a blown speaker... it sounds more like electrical noise interfering with the audio of the earpiece... I'm thinking it was a grounding issue...