Losing lte on a call, then doesn't come back.

Search This thread

cazwell220

May 12, 2007
I guess T-Mobile recently updated my tower to lte in past couple weeks. I'm rocking some great speeds, but when I get a phone call it drops the lte and goes back to 4g.

It stays in 4g after I get off the phone and doesn't come back. I have restarted... gone in and out of flight mode. Nothing... when I leave the area and come back or wake up in the morning... then I get lte back again.

Any idea on this?

I'm rooted, stock, wanam, uninstalled knox and carrier iq btw.

Thanks for any assistance

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
I guess T-Mobile recently updated my tower to lte in past couple weeks. I'm rocking some great speeds, but when I get a phone call it drops the lte and goes back to 4g.

It stays in 4g after I get off the phone and doesn't come back. I have restarted... gone in and out of flight mode. Nothing... when I leave the area and come back or wake up in the morning... then I get lte back again.

Any idea on this?

I'm rooted, stock, wanam, uninstalled knox and carrier iq btw.

Thanks for any assistance

You can't make phone calls on LTE yet with T-Mobile. Thats why it drops to 4g(HSPA+) which allows calls. Not sure why it would not go back to LTE, maybe a sim card problem or a phone problem. I do not have any problems with going from 4g to LTE after calls. I have wanam, no knox, and no carrier iq as well. Are you on stock rom or a moded stock rom. Have you just removed knox and carrirer iq on stock rom?

Last edited:

cazwell220

May 12, 2007
I'm stock. It could actually be a SIM card issue. I'm using the same SIM card I had from my old galaxy s. I had to cut it to fit the note. Hmmm.. I think that's as good as any place to start.

It could also just be this tower is finicky. Maybe it's not 100% up and running yet. Just wish it would lock onto lte after the call again. It's so choice having those speeds!

Thanks for the SIM suggestion. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: depakjan

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is your lte connection stronger than your 4g connection. Because even though it may be faster it always goes with the most reliable connection.

If I know I have lte I just quickly go into dialer and change it to lte only and then back to lte/wcdma and it'll stick to lte afterwards

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Is your lte connection stronger than your 4g connection. Because even though it may be faster it always goes with the most reliable connection.

If I know I have lte I just quickly go into dialer and change it to lte only and then back to lte/wcdma and it'll stick to lte afterwards

Their is no option for that on the dialer o_O

raynol

Jan 16, 2013
philadelphia
solution

you need change the sim card , and factory reset, call customer service and explain the issue not said nothing about root or flash , send to you a one store for change the sim card free

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

cazwell220

May 12, 2007

How do you change it to lte only from the dialer? Is there some sort of #* code? That might be just the temp fix I need.

cazwell220

May 12, 2007
Figured it out! Great trick... *#2263# ... select "LTE/GSM only".... then it connects to LTE.. do it a second time and select "Automatic" and the LTE sticks.

Thank you random hero!!

cazwell220

May 12, 2007
I tried toggling 4G... going into and out of flight mode... taking the battery out and restarting... going into GSM only and then back to auto select.. Nothing worked.

The method I described above apparently forces LTE only mode and somehow causes it to stick on LTE after going back to Automatic.

I've been doing it all day with great success. It would be nice if it automatic went back to LTE, but in the meantime this is a solution where there wasn't one before.

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
It's because they just recently updated the tower. I was having the same issue in my area. I thought it was the phone and had it replaced. I finally spoke to someone at T-Mobile who knew what they were talking about. He said that it takes them months to tweak the tower until they get the optimum signal. Once that happens, you should go back to LTE after a call.

cazwell220

May 12, 2007
I'm using the T-Mobile note 3 with stock Rom, rooted with carrier iq and knox removed and that is the process I use to make it work for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm stock. It could actually be a SIM card issue. I'm using the same SIM card I had from my old galaxy s. I had to cut it to fit the note. Hmmm.. I think that's as good as any place to start.

It could also just be this tower is finicky. Maybe it's not 100% up and running yet. Just wish it would lock onto lte after the call again. It's so choice having those speeds!

Thanks for the SIM suggestion. I'll let you know how it goes.