Universal 1-Click root

Search This thread

anthropos91

Jun 29, 2010
I can't seem to get either the .5 or .6 version to work on my Hero200. I'm wondering if it's because it's on the latest Sprint build 2.32.651.2. Does anyone know how to root a phone with that build? Or is there a way to step back to a build that I can root? Thanks.

pheaton79

Sep 5, 2010
Failed! No~~~Fu goo~~~
wtf? Tried the above method installing Astro, then installing each version with no success, on 2.1 platform. I turned my phone off hoping a reboot is what the doctor ordered, but the red exclamation mark appeared(signaling my phone trying to quit on me) I then rebooted holding the down volume, and got into the boot-menu, and then reset the phone from factory as I could, then I repeated my attempt to no avail. Any one have any ideas? or even just revert to 1.5(I was able to successfully root in 1.5 before getting this phone)

em_jrdn

Mar 6, 2011
Washington, DC
Hello there,

I'm new to the HTC Hero. I am interested in rooting the phone for better performance.

I have a Sprint HTC Hero, and after following your directions, it still won't work. Would you be so kind as to tell me what info I need to provide for help.

blahblehblah

Jan 30, 2009
okay, i have the original cdma hero. still on 1.5.

i used this method and i rooted my phone. I installed Titanium Backup and gave it superuser access.

I tried installing Rom Manager...couldn't find it in market
Tried using AppBrain...wouldn't let me install
Found an apk online and opened it on the phone... got a message saying that it cannot install Rom Manager on this phone.

How do I backup my phone? Phone has been lagging a lot lately. I just want to backup my text messages mainly. If possible call history and pop3 settings as well. Just want to start over with a nice rom to get the phone running smooth and start taking advantage of froyo.

Market wouldn't find Amon_RA either...
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED
    Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
    IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
    And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how-to-root-your-sprint-hero-in-one-click/