Universal 1-Click root

Search This thread

illushinz

Feb 10, 2010
Got root, but when trying to flash the recovery ROM over stock 2.1, I just get "flash_image: not found"

Dethklokolypse

Aug 20, 2010
Universal 1-Click Root

I just want to say that I am a n00b when it comes to rooting, and this application works great. I also want to confirm that is works on the Sprint Hero CDMA 2.27.651.6.

Again, thank you a thousand times........

lohp75

May 9, 2010
Kenai
Awesome app!!!! Confirmed on ACS Alaska. Thanks!

Sent from my baked to perfection hero.( golden brown baby, ya)

wna2005

Jun 15, 2010
Has anyone confirmed this to work with non sprint hero's? I'm dying to try it but i cant afford to brick my phone just yet..haha

Thanks

I just tested it, it works great. I have rooted 3 non sprint hero's without a single hiccup. this is great

Last edited:

AjaxBU

Aug 24, 2010
I just tried it on my Hero and although it installed superuser I still don't have any root access. Programs requiring superuser say root access not found.

Sprint HTC Hero .6

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I just tried it on my Hero and although it installed superuser I still don't have any root access. Programs requiring superuser say root access not found.

Sprint HTC Hero .6

I wonder if you maybe
1) need to flash a rooted ROM, or
2) use the boot_patch zip mentioned in this thread.

Do you have a custom recovery, like amonRA, or clockwork? I'm kinda new to rooting, but I got my Evo rooted, and I'm watchin this thread for my buddy with a hero, and these are things to check, I think.

AjaxBU

Aug 24, 2010
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I rebooted it and it worked fine. I ended up installing cyanogen but now I'm restoring it back to my original back up...just didn't like froyo. Live wallpapers were cool though

Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for the reply, I rebooted it and it worked fine. I ended up installing cyanogen but now I'm restoring it back to my original back up...just didn't like froyo. Live wallpapers were cool though

Right on, glad you got it all hammered out. You know froyo has 10.1 flash for your browser, and uploads through browser are (mostly) fixed? I don't know, I'm liking froyo. But glad you're all good now.

philosoweed

Aug 25, 2010
New York
No Superuser

I installed this universal root (1.6 and 1.62) on a CDMA Hero (alltel) and super user is to no avail......any help would be appreciated.

AjaxBU

Aug 24, 2010
Right on, glad you got it all hammered out. You know froyo has 10.1 flash for your browser, and uploads through browser are (mostly) fixed? I don't know, I'm liking froyo. But glad you're all good now.

I'm a tad OCD and the way my homescreen is organized at the moment makes me happy. Everything is alphabetized and the power widgets are all uniform. On froyo they didn't look to my liking, and the airplane mode was just called "plane"...it really bugged me enough to revert back to the original.

I was rather concerned that in the process of installing cyanogen it got stuck on the boot screen but was able to get it sorted out, then when I decided to revert back to my nandroid backup I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to do. It really was a perfect backup of my phone, you couldn't tell that I had ever done anything to it after I reverted back.

I've been reading these forums for a while and finally decided to register and post. I'm really impressed with how helpful everyone is here.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I installed this universal root (1.6 and 1.62) on a CDMA Hero (alltel) and super user is to no avail......any help would be appreciated.

See: the 4 posts above yours .

@ ajaxBU , yeah, nandroid is pretty awesome, huh? I'm fairly new to Android, coming from WinMo, and am blown away by how simple (more or less), and safe (more or less) customization and root access is. Nandroid feels like a life raft, with a wet-bar ;) . On WinMo it was waaaay easier to brick your phone, and way harder to figure how to flash a custom ROM (at least for me, I never got it). On Android, first time, every time, pretty much. It's cake :cool:

Last edited:

Hackmodford

Aug 26, 2010
Stanton, MI
Deosn't work for me. Says it rooted but I don't get super user.

can anyone help me?

I just noticed my Firmware version is 2.1-update1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED
    Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
    IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
    And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how-to-root-your-sprint-hero-in-one-click/