What's the best launcher?

Search This thread

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
I'm currently running the go launcher but seems a little laggy... which is the best

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda premium

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
It's laggy if you have SuperOSR/CM7 because the proc speed is set to 600 Mhz by default on these two ROMs.

What you need to to do is go to Settings ->CyanogenMod Settings -> Peformance -> CPU Settings -> Max CPU frequency: 800 Mhz

That should fix all laggy issues you are seeing.

Reactions: miguel11691

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
Thanks .alex worked like a charm... I'm using launcher pro and it now works fluidly also...

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Thanks .alex worked like a charm... I'm using launcher pro and it now works fluidly also...

Thanks,
I am using Go Launcher on i727. Doesn't seem laggy and never crashes. Batter still an issue unless I stop most active bloatware. True of all smartphones, S2 especially.
Using an upgraded samsung battery and have the cpu throttled down and still go launcher is my preferred choice. using SkyRocket Ice Scream Sandwich 7.3 ROM.

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
Thanks,
I am using Go Launcher on i727. Doesn't seem laggy and never crashes. Batter still an issue unless I stop most active bloatware. True of all smartphones, S2 especially.
Using an upgraded samsung battery and have the cpu throttled down and still go launcher is my preferred choice. using SkyRocket Ice Scream Sandwich 7.3 ROM.

There is a a ice cream sandwhich rom for the chacha?

samauriz

Apr 9, 2011
On the ChaCha, I use ADW because we can fully hide the dock (so there's more place for icons and widgets, it's not the same as when you hide the dock on Launcher Pro or Go Launcher) as I don't like vertical docks:).

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
Good tip upping cpu- canes the battery life tho, just tried it today overall I like the speed but if I was a long time from charger could be bad!

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

paramaribo

Jan 18, 2012
Im using adw launcher ex. Its great! I made my own rom.. deleted all crappy apps.. deleted sense.. and replaced it with adw launcher ex.

Spacecaker do you use that one on the chacha?

MagicalSword

Dec 5, 2011
I have been using ssLauncher for weeks now and it's easily my favorite.

It's atypical, extremely customizable, you can make really beautiful home screens and it works very well with landscape mode. Actually, my home screen scrolls down, so I have lots of widgets and icons and shortcuts that, otherwise, would have to go in a different screen, it's absolutely useful and free.

You can also share your designs, which is a huge plus, as people is starting to do so and there are some fantastic designs out there!

punk23

Sep 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A30
Dont go for launchers ....flash custom roms like cyanogen....n install superb themes for ur phone by theme chooser app....which is preinstalled in rom

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adw ex is the best ...download for free at 4shared.com

Tut tut, support the developer and buy it. I bought it when it was the 10p sale lol :)
    Adw ex is the best ...download for free at 4shared.com

At the same time XDA has a rule regarding piracy so I'd modify the message honestly.
    Hi, I am the moderator for the ChaCha. I received a report for warez. There is no warez posted, and I see no edited posts.

I see a user suggested 4shared (which was reported). He never said adw "EX" which is the paid app, he said adw, which is free. 4shared hosts all kinds of things, free and paid. XDA is not against 4shared, or getting free apps from there, but then honestly just use the market.

Now, if it WAS suggested to go get free, but actually pirated paid apps, XDA is against that. It doesn't support developers, and it's just plain wrong. Also, most apps are cheap.

So please, let's not suggest users to go find pirated apps, I've heard some BAD horror stories about devs adding code that check the files signature/license, and have said apps wipe your sdcard or other things if it's pirated. And again, it's bad to support piracy.

If anyone here has an issue with what I said please PM me.
    It's laggy if you have SuperOSR/CM7 because the proc speed is set to 600 Mhz by default on these two ROMs.

What you need to to do is go to Settings ->CyanogenMod Settings -> Peformance -> CPU Settings -> Max CPU frequency: 800 Mhz

That should fix all laggy issues you are seeing.
    Good tip upping cpu- canes the battery life tho, just tried it today overall I like the speed but if I was a long time from charger could be bad!

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

The stock ROM has 800 set by default, that's why battery drains so fast.