[THEMES] Official theme thread for Zeus Total Reign(Z-TR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
We need something professional looking. Something that won't make me feel like a putz if I pull out my phone in front of a VP in a board meeting. Grown up. No cartoon characters. No logos.

Readable text that contrasts against the background.

No overly-busy textures. Simple icons, subtle gradients & a matching, partially transparent pulldown menu.

And then a couple clones in different color schemes to choose from.

Maybe I should just learn how to theme... :cool:

lets do it ;D
Edit: can someone direct me to a thread on maybe how to theme? And is there any copyright stuff about Samsung stock icons? I was thinking maybe modify them a bit. Is that allowed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Last edited:

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
The best way to learn pa read and Google. Go to xda main page for themeing and hacking. Stuff in there to start.

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
Im working on a samsung theme. Will post when its done =] Idk how to make a flashable zip so it will probably just be the apk's. ima noob lol

Reactions: DangKid

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
What you need to do is understand it took fezzy 2 weeks every single day to make this gorgeous theme... because of jkay mod there are about 3000 images to theme, I've been deving for a while and this is one of the best looking themes I've ever seen... you want stock, run stock.. you want v6, run v6, or make your own theme, but when you recompile that framework and your eyes pop out when you see how many images are there and have been added, you'll understand.. this rom was not released because of its theme, its the first infuse based rom with jkay and tsm with 17 locks and 16 toggles. Fezzy put massive work into this one of a kind gorgeous theme. Have some respect.

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
I have respect for you guys. Just because people want variety doesn't mean they are disrespectful... from looking into theming this I can see all the various things that he has worked on, that's amazing. He has really great skills and I am not disrespecting him. This is a Theme thread also. So lets all be happy :D

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
I have respect for you guys. Just because people want variety doesn't mean they are disrespectful... from looking into theming this I can see all the various things that he has worked on, that's amazing. He has really great skills and I am not disrespecting him. This is a Theme thread also. So lets all be happy :D

Don't take it as directed at you, butthere was some less than flattering words said about the theme. True, to each there own and that is cool, including variety, but discouraging words are uneeded.

bigbadwolf311

Apr 19, 2011
Good to Go...
Stock....seriously??? But I guess to each his own....

How did u get your app draw button icon to match others. Unless I missed it I don't have a blue app draw button. If possible could you share. Thank you

Edit: never mind. I found it. I was looking for it on go launcher. Is there s way to get the app dtaw button icon for go launcher.

Last edited:

MaliciousIntent69

Jan 26, 2012
California
Sad day when someone puts down another person work. Specially something like this. Its beautiful, all the hard work put into it was well worth it. Dman, as always excellent job on the rom, they say when you go out, go out with a bang, and that you did. Thank you and the others who worked on this rom. Fezzy, your work was amazing, keep it up and just let the haters hate ;) mad respect to everyone on the ZTR project. Pure inspiration for us up and coming devs.

-Marcus(Malicious)

PharmNerd

Oct 29, 2011
Regarding the criticism of the ZTR theme... I dunno... I kind of wish that ROM devs made it standard practice to release their ROM unthemed, and then give users the OPTION to flash their theme of choice on top of it. Same applies to other polarizing stuff like Beats Audio vs. Voodoo Sound.

The earlier releases of Zeus did it this way. I'm still running one of the 5.x Zeus releases for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be the official theme thread for the soon to be Zeus Total Reign final edition, codename Z-TR.
    As I will be working on the note full time I will have no time for themes, so, anyone with themes they've made or want to make for Z-TR are welcome here.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!:D
    Ok.
    I'll take this slot then.

X
    What you need to do is understand it took fezzy 2 weeks every single day to make this gorgeous theme... because of jkay mod there are about 3000 images to theme, I've been deving for a while and this is one of the best looking themes I've ever seen... you want stock, run stock.. you want v6, run v6, or make your own theme, but when you recompile that framework and your eyes pop out when you see how many images are there and have been added, you'll understand.. this rom was not released because of its theme, its the first infuse based rom with jkay and tsm with 17 locks and 16 toggles. Fezzy put massive work into this one of a kind gorgeous theme. Have some respect.

It amazes me ... people have filled pages with anticipation of the release of ZTR. Now that it is here it's all about "can I change this or that" and "I don't like the way this or that works".
    How fickle we are. Sure ... change what ever you want. Good luck.
    If you don't like something have respect .... be polite. These roms that are given to us ... FREE ..as pointed out are the children of these dev's and themers. I you friend has a child that may not appeal to your eye ... do you tell him? Hopefully we are all better than that. What if this was your pride and joy? Would you want someone telling you how to do what you know and love?
    Lastly ... I now have a greater respect for dman. He ... as far as I see ... has handled all the ranting with great composure thus far. Good for you dman. He never had to make this rom ... nor does he have to leave it accesable to the community.
    You poke a bear with a stick ...

Thank you to any and all involved in developing and theming ANY of these roms.

End of MY rant

Revelators Mount Up
    BubbaJoe Redneck Revelator
    {Outlaw Emancipation}
    :banghead:mad: ics :D

Been there done that. Expand your minds. I agree with D on this. Nothing makes me wanna stop making themes than to have people ask for ICS.
    I consider what I create to be art. When someone chooses a stock ICS theme over originality, that's discouraging to say the least.

X,
    free through EVERGREEN EMANCIPATION.