I don't understand why my thread was closed. Can I have an explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I've seen many many threads about obvious stuff (which apparently mine was although Google Search did not find what I was looking for.)

So, why was my thread closed but other people get the opportunity to have someone help them, even if it was an (so you say) obvious answer?

Sent from my GT-p511x

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I've seen many many threads about obvious stuff (which apparently mine was although Google Search did not find what I was looking for.)

So, why was my thread closed but other people get the opportunity to have someone help them, even if it was an (so you say) obvious answer?

Sent from my GT-p511x

Moderator closed your thread probably because a simple search on the forum about htc one kernel should had be enough to find your answer.

Maybe you should start by reading the OP of some kernel threads like elementalx, bulletproof, teamseven etc....

and im sure you'll find an asnwer in like 5 min.

hope it help

Reactions: sharonbw

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I'll try again but I've never been successful searching in xda - only with Google. And the Google search I did only referenced a sense kernel. Hence my question. But I will read and search. Thank you for replying although I still don't understand why my thread was closed when so many others are not!

Sent from my GT-p511x

alray

May 22, 2012
I'll try again but I've never been successful searching in xda - only with Google. And the Google search I did only referenced a sense kernel. Hence my question. But I will read and search. Thank you for replying although I still don't understand why my thread was closed when so many others are not!

Sent from my GT-p511x

if you don't want to use the search bar, just go at the root of the htc one forum then click on the ''kernel'' tab. All kernel should be listed there ;)

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Moderator closed your thread probably because a simple search on the forum about htc one kernel should had be enough to find your answer.

Maybe you should start by reading the OP of some kernel threads like elementalx, bulletproof, teamseven etc....

hope it help

It did and you were right. I thought it would be rather haphazard to just start reading kernel OPs but once I ruled out the sense kernels (including the first two you named) I was able to find TeaMSeven which did the trick. I'm a happy camper and I appreciate your help and advice!!

Btw, I was hesitant to flash a kernel without being really familiar with it and the Rom I'm using because, in my experience, developers do not support alternate kernels and I didn't want problems. But in this case my desire to have a menu button overrode all caution. ;)

Sent from my GT-p511x

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
It did and you were right. I thought it would be rather haphazard to just start reading kernel OPs but once I ruled out the sense kernels (including the first two you named) I was able to find TeaMSeven which did the trick. I'm a happy camper and I appreciate your help and advice!!

Sent from my GT-p511x

:highfive:

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I wasn't aware of an xda search add-on. I wonder how much more effective it is than just putting xda as a Google search criteria? Guess I'll have to check it out. :)

(So digging my menu button!! :thumbup:)

Sent from my GT-p511x

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Ok, here's another dumb question I've wondered about for a while: I often see someone reference a "link in my signature" but I don't see any links. I must have an xda setting wrong but sure can't find it.

Sent from my GT-p511x

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Ok, here's another dumb question I've wondered about for a while: I often see someone reference a "link in my signature" but I don't see any links. I must have an xda setting wrong but sure can't find it.

Sent from my GT-p511x

You may have the setting to show sig set to off.

Bat cave One

If you cant seem to make the link work then try doing a search for xda search plug in.

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

Sent from my GT-p511x

it's cause you're using a mobile app, you need to switch to web-view or use a real browser to see the signatures.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

You may have the setting to show sig set to off.

Bat cave One

Unfortunately http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=xda (from your sig) only gives me "Network Error", any other place to see that search engine.

Oh, and at OP, you can always use google, but in the search box, add "site:http://xdaforums.com" that will give you results only from xda forums.

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Thread closed,

Note to the OP. If you have an issue with a moderator decision this is not the way to get it addressed. Please contact the moderator directly and ask why the thread was closed. Moderator discussions will not be discussed like this on an open forum.

If the moderator does not get back to you or you do not receive an answer you are looking for please feel free to contact any of the moderators in the team that looks after the forum, in this case the HTC International Team. We will happily deal with any issues you may have.

In terms on answering your original question which was regarding the HTC logo as a menu option there are a number of custom kernels that offer this feature along with other features

Here are two examples to get you going.

[KERNEL] [Jan 6] ElementalX 11.4 10.10.1 8.4

[KERNEL] [Dec 15] Bulletproof | S2W | L2M | DT2W | BLN

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact myself or any of the moderators on my team. For quick reference the moderators are:

Andy, ceesheim, Ghost, kidcarter93, krook6023, pandaball, wildstang83

Many thanks,

Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my GT-p511x

hope it help

Sent from my GT-p511x

if you don't want to use the search bar, just go at the root of the htc one forum then click on the ''kernel'' tab. All kernel should be listed there ;)

Sent from my GT-p511x

:highfive:
    Could always use the XDA search plug in for browsers.

Bat cave One
    It is linked in my sig. Been using it for almost 5 years now and it helps a lot.

Bat cave One