3500mAh battery for Optimus 2X (could work for O3D too) is it really that great?

Search This thread

snowing

Nov 1, 2009
I don't think this one will work for Optimus 3D. Although the battery itself is the same for 2X and 3D, but the cover is dufferent. This 3500mAh requires to use another back cover specifically for 2X so it'll not work for 3D unless u can find a cover for it. :D

snowing

Nov 1, 2009
This obostore (1980mAh) one should work as it is same size as the original battery.
However I'm in doubt about the quality of the battery especially when I saw it say that it is a Hong Kong famous brand... and I am from HK but never heard of or saw it on street yet :D Still might as well give it a try.

I have seen a 1800mAh one before as well. That one might be a good choice as well.

ik911

Apr 13, 2009
london
This obostore (1980mAh) one should work as it is same size as the original battery.

However I'm in doubt about the quality of the battery especially when I saw it say that it is a Hong Kong famous brand... and I am from HK but never heard of or saw it on street yet :D Still might as well give it a try.

I have seen a 1800mAh one before as well. That one might be a good choice as well.
I'm currently using that battery it's much better then the LG battery

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

ik911

Apr 13, 2009
london
yeah, 3.5k mAh batteries seems to be BIGGER then usual ones, is there any long lasting (power) battery for Optimus 3D which is regular size and will fit with orginal back cover? is there any like 2000 mAh one for optimus 3D?

http://www.obostore.com/1980mah-andida-spare-battery-for-lg-optimus-2x-p-1305.html?t=10304

found this, but not sure if it will be same size as original ones and will fit with original back cover?

The andida 1980mah fits
Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

daGUCCI

Jun 19, 2011
im kinda more into games and some surfing when I'm at work, wondering if it actually give you extra 3hrs of gaming or it's just extra 3hrs of standby?

Echts

Aug 19, 2010
Stockholm
im kinda more into games and some surfing when I'm at work, wondering if it actually give you extra 3hrs of gaming or it's just extra 3hrs of standby?

If you are using it at work like that it's probably much more effective to get a external extra battery/charger with USB, they go for about 25-60€ depending on how big you want it, goes from about 1500mAh to 5000 mAh and are easy to put in a pocket, handbag,suitcase etc.
The bigger once with 5V 1A output can fully charge the battery as well as the original charger and if you get a bigger one with 5000mAh you got at least 2½ extra charges :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/External-Batter...s&hash=item2eb5ca4fe2&clk_rvr_id=249957210553

daGUCCI

Jun 19, 2011
If you are using it at work like that it's probably much more effective to get a external extra battery/charger with USB, they go for about 25-60€ depending on how big you want it, goes from about 1500mAh to 5000 mAh and are easy to put in a pocket, handbag,suitcase etc.
The bigger once with 5V 1A output can fully charge the battery as well as the original charger and if you get a bigger one with 5000mAh you got at least 2½ extra charges :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/External-Batter...s&hash=item2eb5ca4fe2&clk_rvr_id=249957210553

yeah, got atm LG stock battery + 2x 1.5k mAh ones, today took only LG stock & 1x 1.5k one for work, and they both died after 10h, means I use more then enough power, but kinda dont want to take 2 batteries together, so was looking for longer surviving battery, but about this 5k mAh battery, will it actually wit with orginal back for LG p920 or it needs custom and do you know maybe how long it takes to charge this beast?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1900MAH-H...084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e64e180ec

has anyone tried and is it really increasing battery life or it's just some random 1.5k mAh with 1.9k label on it?

Last edited:

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
I just ordered that Andida 1980 mah battery.
I hope it arrives fast and performs better than the LG battery.

Echts

Aug 19, 2010
Stockholm
yeah, got atm LG stock battery + 2x 1.5k mAh ones, today took only LG stock & 1x 1.5k one for work, and they both died after 10h, means I use more then enough power, but kinda dont want to take 2 batteries together, so was looking for longer surviving battery, but about this 5k mAh battery, will it actually wit with orginal back for LG p920 or it needs custom and do you know maybe how long it takes to charge this beast?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1900MAH-H...084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e64e180ec

has anyone tried and is it really increasing battery life or it's just some random 1.5k mAh with 1.9k label on it?

It's an external battery, you still use the standard 1500 and take the 5000mAh one with you and plug in the USB to charge the phone, charging this should take a few hours and easy to put in your bag or likewise but it's not a replacement meaning you only need to take it when you are away from an outlet for more than a day or you will tax the battery a lot like sitting on the train watching 3D movies or sitting in the park streaming spotify non-stop from morning until late at night ;)