[APP] 14.6 v2 SmartSync Disabler: Disable the HTC Wifi/Data sleep policy during night

Search This thread

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
If my tests are conclusive, I'll reveal the method so more people can use it. All credit goes to the OP though. I dumped his app to smali, but it wasn't much help. He used Stringer to encrypt all of the strings in his app to prevent anyone from seeing what it was really doing, but the structure of the code gave me a few pointers and after looking at the smali from the stock code I think I have found a fix.

So much for open source. LOL

adazamim

Sep 24, 2010
Cairo
Not working, sadly

I tried to testing the app,
Unfortunately it didn't work,
Here are the things I tried.

1. I installed the app
  2. Put my phone to sleep at 01:10 Am
  3. Checked at 01:30Am and the WiFi wasn't there.

4. I disabled the "Automatic Date and Time"
  5. Put my phone to sleep at 01:35Am
  6. Checked at 02:00Am and the WiFi wasn't there

7. I re-enabled "Automatic Date and Time"
  8. Turned my phone off with "Fast boot" disabled.
  9. Turned back my phone on.
  10. Put my phone to sleep at 02:30Am
  11. Checked at 03:00Am and the WiFi wasn't there.

I UnInstalled the app.
    Thank you for the efforts thogh.

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
Didn't work on my Evo3d either. Gone back to Mikey's modded Settings.apk method.

probably because it's 3.6 sense instead of 4.0

Lo_RaT_PeNaT

Aug 5, 2008
Valencia
just because I'm the exception, but I works perfectly, so I thank you very much for the work, you are, after Messi, my idol. a greeting

J

j4n87

FYI:

The method is just tested for the HOX and was confirmed working for several users.
I tested it myself several times by putting the device manually to a time betwen 00:00 and 07:00 am. and it worked several times.

I will download now noe sense 4.0 roms from other device and also sense 3.6 ics roms and look if it should work there too.

Also I meant this soltution for NOT Unlocked users...a cleaner method for rotted users would be pretty easy...but this requires editing the Settings.apk and wouldnt be device independent.

For the ones that complaining that I obusfactored it...I just did it because the past showed that devs kanging stuff without giving credits or some putting apps in the market from xda etc...
But anyway I will share my finding when its proper tested and I can confirm on which devices it should work and not.

I will close this thread until I made some investigation.

Cheers.

J

j4n87

I will "open source" it myself after proper testing again...The code in my java app is quite simple.

And well I dont think you found a fix for Locked users, finding a fix for rooted users is as already said easy.
But well, teh toggle was alraedy there, implemented by HTC...but theres no interface for it to toggle it, lol.

If my tests are conclusive, I'll reveal the method so more people can use it. All credit goes to the OP though. I dumped his app to smali, but it wasn't much help. He used Stringer to encrypt all of the strings in his app to prevent anyone from seeing what it was really doing, but the structure of the code gave me a few pointers and after looking at the smali from the stock code I think I have found a fix.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I'm not sure, but I would guess Yes. I can confirm it works on other sense 4 roms (Evo 4G LTE)

J

j4n87

Okay, I checked a sensation ics 3.6 apk and it should work there too..actually.

Pls try the follwing:

- ensure you the setting "always" choosed in:
Settings-wifi-menu-advanced: keep wifi activated in standby
Think on previous android versions the setting was called put to sleep: never" - maybe still the case for ics 3.6 sense.

- disable the smartsync with my app

- reboot

- put your time manually to e.g. 01:00 am Settings->date&time:deatvate automatic time

- turn your wifi on and screen off and wait >20 minutes and see if after >20 minutes your wifi is still connected.

I tried this several times and it worked...unchecked it in my app again and waited 20 minutes and it wifi was disconnected.
So the funtion in the app has definatly an effect. But maybe it needs more to be done....for some its working and some not.

When you make a report pls add the follwing:

- time you tested it: by manual setting the time our real conditions
- device you are using
- ics 4.0 or ics 3.6
- if it worked/not worked for you of course.

justin.hew

Jan 1, 2012
Semenyih, Selangor

1. I installed the app

I UnInstalled the app.

Same situation for me. It didn't work on my HOX too.. :(

OliverHaslam

Jun 11, 2012
Worked for me with a couple of hours of tests yesterday. Latest version of the software for the One X. Not got the numbers to hand.

J

j4n87

orig post here.

I tried it last night, installed 23:50 and checked at 00:20 but wifi was off.

Then i restarted phone.

Checked again at 01:00....Wifi was on.
Checked again at 04:50....Wifi was on.
Checked again at 06:30....Wifi was on.

So maybe a reboot was all it was needed. Will test more tonight but all the guys that didn't work, also try a reboot...It doesn't hurt

Steps to test it properly:

- install and open the app
- check the "Disable smartsync" in the app
- do a reboot
- open the app again and look if its still checked
- turn on wifi
- set your time manually to 11:55 pm, turn your screen off and wait >20 minutes
- after that time turn your screen on and wifi should be stilll there.

do teh same steps again, just with unchecking "Disable smartsync" in the app...your wifi should be disconnected after 20 minutes screen off time.

OliverHaslam

Jun 11, 2012

- do a reboot
- turn on wifi

I know it seems obvious, and everyone is probably doing it, but you are all actually switching it on aren't you? The app doesn't activate automatically.

justin.hew

Jan 1, 2012
Semenyih, Selangor
orig post here.

- do a reboot
- turn on wifi

do teh same steps again, just with unchecking "Disable smartsync" in the app...your wifi should be disconnected after 20 minutes screen off time.

I have try few times, but still same. Not only WiFi, 3G data connection also same. :(

Reactions: adazamim

TaintedByte

May 24, 2009
I have read this whole entire thread. I wanted to do some tests of my own. First I simply installed and enabled the app, shut off my screen and waited 20 minutes. Turned screen back on, wi fi was disabled. This was expected based on the fact that I didn't reboot.

I rebooted. Turned screen off, waited 20 minutes and then turned it back on, wi fi did not drop. This was within the 12am-7am window (real time). Second test I did was manually set clock to 11:55PM and waited another 20 minutes. Turned screen on, wi fi was still latched on.

And my phone isn't even a One X. I did this test on my Evo 4G LTE. This works on my phone, it should definitely work on everyone with a OneX (Or sense 4.0, really) otherwise you are doing something wrong. Make sure you have keep wi fi while sleeping to "always" under wi-fi settings. These are two different toggles.

Anyway, thank you very much OP, this even works on my phone :D

J

j4n87

I have read this whole entire thread. I wanted to do some tests of my own. First I simply installed and enabled the app, shut off my screen and waited 20 minutes. Turned screen back on, wi fi was disabled. This was expected based on the fact that I didn't reboot.

I rebooted. Turned screen off, waited 20 minutes and then turned it back on, wi fi did not drop. This was within the 12am-7am window (real time). Second test I did was manually set clock to 11:55PM and waited another 20 minutes. Turned screen on, wi fi was still latched on.

And my phone isn't even a One X. I did this test on my Evo 4G LTE. This works on my phone, it should definitely work on everyone with a OneX (Or sense 4.0, really) otherwise you are doing something wrong. Make sure you have keep wi fi while sleeping to "always" under wi-fi settings. These are two different toggles.

Anyway, thank you very much OP, this even works on my phone :D

Thanks for the report m8!
Well i donwlaoded a sense 3.6 Settings.apk from the sensation..and it should even work there!

DannyKN

Jun 7, 2012
Testing observation/recommendation

I tested the app quite a lot and I can confirm that it keeps WI-FI or Mobile DATA ON even during 00-07AM. However I think that checking the app functionality only by turning screen ON after >20 min. of phone sleeping is not enough and I recommend, especially to the ones that already have positive results with the app, to leave the screen OFF and check the data functionality itself, for example sending to themselves emails from a PC, leave Skype, or any Instant messenger logged-in and try to contact the phone from a different account, etc.
I mean, try to confirm the DATA real functionality during the night not only the displayed status when Screen is turned on (that one is known to work already).
Also, try to check with much longer screen sleeping time than than 20 minutes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

for those who can't find the app in google's Play Store, I've uploaded it for you.
    SUCCESS WITH SmartSyncDisabler_v2.apk

1. I installed the app

I UnInstalled the app.

Dear all,
    I am glad to report that I have success with SmartSyncDisabler_v2.apk,

Steps as following:

1. Turn OFF WiFi
    2. Choose the HTC SmarSync app (The first version) from app try and Un-Tic the box.
    3. Uninstall SmartSyncDisabler.apk (The first version) by doing the following > App Trey> Menu> Manage apps> Select HTC Smart Sync Disabler> Clear Cash + Clear Data + Force Stop + Uninstall

4. Download and Install SmartSyncDisabler_v2.apk
    5. Restart my phone (As prompted in the app). I have "Fast Boot" disabled.
    6. After phone fully starts up (20-25 seconds), turn on WiFi

[*]This test was done on real time basis (12:50 Am CLT - Cairo Local Time)
      Screen off and phone locked exactly at (12:50 Am CLT)
      Phone unlocked and screen on exactly at (01:10 Am CLT) -> WiFi ON

[*]Test repeated exactly at (01:15 Am CLT)
      Screen off and phone locked exactly at (01:15 Am CLT)
      Phone unlocked and screen on exactly at (01:35 Am CLT) -> WiFi ON

Thank you very much j4n87 for the hard work and effort. No words can repay you.
    Thanks a million again.

I will keep monitoring.
    All information you may need about my phone are on my signature
    j4n87, Thanks for the fix. Can you expand on how your fix differs?

Thanks!
    I am a nightshift worker and yes this does keep 3g connected but it made things worse after the 'fix' for me, i had to send an email to the wifey before i could receive one from her..

it all got very confusing in the end and it felt like i was playing some kind of party game where one has to answer a question before it's asked...hehe...uninstalled

Check your email sync schedule. This is not changed by the app, it only keeps the wifi/3g connection on. You still have to change your mail sync manually for each mail account.