Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Hey all

Jdelano started this for CM9 for the OG Epic; it seemed to workout well there. So I figure since CM10 has dropped. Lets get the ball rolling and compile a pseudo FAQ / Support thread to keep the development thread as clean as we can.

I'll scan the CM10 threads and attempt to complile a conprehensive list of problems and their solutions here in a formatted (hopefully) easy to read/find way.

Please feel free to assist in answering questions or letting me know where something new has popped up.

Thanks!!!

THANK YOU SECTION
noobnl - for busting CM10 out and everything else he has done for android!
CM Team(s) working on CM and delivering awesomeness
asforme - for their help in answering questions and update information
gtuansdiamm - for their help in keeping this up to date
bigant262 - for their help in keeping this up to date
DrHax - for their help in keeping this up to date
mmark27 - for their help in keeping this up to date
EndlessDissent - for their help in answering questions
bigant262 - for their help in keeping this up to date
flonker - for their help in answering questions
DutchDogg54 - for their help in answering questions
eao1991- for their help in answering questions
splashattack- for their help in answering questions

Lets get started:

This lists will change as I move around the forums reading CM10 user posts.
What has been confirmed working:
Make/Recieve calls
Data
Wifi Tether
GPS
64gb SD Card (with proper formatting; see support FAQ)
Google Wallet (confirmed here by sekigah84)
Theme Engine
Proper Signal Strength
Implement phantom voicemail fix to CM10
GS3 settings: Enable key backlight option is working
Restore light setting for capacitive keys
A2DP (bluetooth audio)
Sprint Voicemail
Camera
LTE
Netflix

What is not working/having issues:
Picasa sync doesn't work A work around can be found here posted by hoopsdavis
While using headphones; when a notification is played, audio will stop playing through the headphones until the volume rocker is pressed. discussion here about it.
Some screen flicker

If you love CM10; you can help the CM Team by donating here

Last edited:

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
FAQ:

Q:Where is the Sprint CM10 Development Thread?
A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1778266

Q: What version is CM10 currently at?
A: CM10 was just a preview build until the 8/15 release, after which it moved to nightly stage. The Nightly builds can be found HERE. Changelogs for nightly builds is found HERE

****DISCLAIMER**** Nightly builds are the time when many new features are being merged and removed on a regular basis. They are automatically built each evening (most of the time) and therefore aren't tested like the previews were prior to nightly status. Therefore, things are very likely going to get broken from build to build...luckily they often times are fixed within a build or two, but it's up to your tolerance of such activity to determine how you prepare for a new flash. PLEASE ACT ACCORDINGLY. Yes, most of the time you may get away with wiping only cache & dalvic cache before flashing Nightly Rom & GApps zips - but please, make a Nandroid backup just in case. If you really want the features a new nightly offers but a "dirty" flash is causing problems, simply restore your Nandroid and do a clean install for maximum effectiveness.

FINAL PREVIEW VERSION 8/15 download zip noobnl's post

PREVIEW VERSION Mirrors:
posted by Restola here and here on this post

if none of the above work for you; here is one more for good measure.
My mirror

Q: How do I install it?
A: QBKing77 has a video for that ... here

Q: What is CodeAurora and what needs to happen before it can be published?
A: Go to this page in the dev thread and scroll down to post 1938 to find that conversation.

Q: Is there flash support in CM10?
A: No, HTML 5 will be the technology for this type of content.
"You may not have noticed at the time but Adobe told us back in February that Flash Player would not not supported on Android 4.1 and users should uninstall Flash Player prior to upgrading to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. Adobe was serious. There will be no Flash for Android 4.1."
Source:
No Flash for Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, users
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-sourc...an-users/11433

There is a nexus thread to an apk here gtuansdiamm pointed it out

Q: Will I need GAPPS for Jelly Bean?
A: Yes, from zanderman112 here Latest GAPPS -- ENSURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE ONES LISTED BESIDE ANDROID VERSION 4.1.1 or greater -- Currently "20120726" is latest release

Q: Can I use other Kernels with CM10?
A: Yes, as long as the developer has merged all the recent updates matching cm10. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE APPROPRIATE KERNEL THREAD FOR THIS INFORMATION, NOT THE CM10 DEV THREAD OR HERE...THEY WILL KNOW BEST!

Q: I can't take a screenshot like before. How does this happen in CM10?
A: Users elfhater and master acehole points out you hold volume down and power button here

Q: What do I use for voicemail with CM10?
A: Couple of options: Original Sprint Visual VM can be found HERE, Google Voice (voice mail only mode) works wonderfully, and has a lot of cool features Google Voice w/Sprint Google Voice w/Sprint FAQ, also KingOfThaJungle posted here that the CM9 Epic Touch Sprint VM works with some drawbacks; It can be found here

Q: What can I do to get toggles in the status bar?
A: They are currently merged into CM10 and work very nicely in the native form. Alternatively, Wigetsoid was mentioned by teh roxxorz here

Q: Can I use TWRP to flash CM10?
A: Yes, check out the post by nicholaaaas here confirming it.

Q: Is there a review available?
A: Seriously? Don't you know QBKing77 sees EVERYTHING added and does a review in 17.67801 nanoseconds!!!!
Watch the review here

Q: If I want to go back to stock, what do I do?
A: QBKing777 was a video that will get you back to stock here

Q: Can I dual boot CM10?
A: There are instructions available, make sure to read all you can first and thank those that took their time to post them :)
The thread with instructions brought to you by bbelos can be found here
There is some information on using TWRP with dual boot here posts 79 & 80
post with dual boot with 8/12 by bbelos

Q: Where can I find the inverted gapps?
A: Check out this thread

Q: What mod enables the onscreen nav buttons?
A: check out the theme/apps section for this post
(updated to the new thread by monstaX 8/16)

Q: Can anyone recommend a good app to sync Facebook pics with my existing contacts?
A: There are a number available Facebook Contact sync; recommended by ram9200, HaxSync recommended by TrollMctrollington or even Friendcaster recommended by Jamin13 to name a few mentioned on this page of the dev thread. There are a number of contact sync'g apps in the play store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Echodawg

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
SUPPORT FAQ:

Q: Getting "Your device isn't compatible with this version." when attempting to download Adobe Flash Player
A: *** information from an outside source ***
No Flash for Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, users
This was given by kram4362 here on this post

Q: After installing and rebooting I'm getting "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped", is there a fix.
A: User mercado79 points out this "You missed the part where you wipe /system from the mounts menu in recovery." found here

Q: Is there a way to turn off the button backlight?
A: santanac posted Settings>display>touch key light duration>off here

Q: Will a 64gb sd card work?
A: Yes, but let the phone format it on ICS.
discussion found in the development thread between pages 6 and 10 with multiple sources; more info here
Also, post by nicholaaaas they recommend Gui Formatter; which can be found here

Q: Why are my capacitive buttons not lighting up?
A: Toggle automatic brightness to get it back - here is where this is figured out
**a note about captive light settings revert after reboot here by jharre08

Q: How do you switch modems?
A: There is a thread here by Naddict that can help.
[Modem/Baseband] Sprint GS3 Flashable Modem/Radios too as pointed out by Specialksg1 here

Q: Market won't let me download anything. It keeps saying. Error processing purchase. When I'm trying to download free apps.
A: Wipe data for Google play. Unsync then resync your gmail account. Then do a reboot that should fix that - posted by ooxteme here

Q: The list shows the 1x issue is fixed but now it always shows '3G', even when I'm on 1xRTT?
A: Decad3nce gave this response "It's a bandaid on a problem that we don't know how to fix yet" here

Q: I can't get Wifi tethering to work, what can I do?
A: Check out EndlessDissent's answer here

Q: Is google now fully working?
A: Yes, If you're experiencing search problems try this fix offered by rwright64 in this post
Open Google now then goto Settings, Privacy, Manage Web history, Make sure history is on and not paused.

Q: Does Netflix work with CM10?
A: Not at this time. It's been reported that the 8/26 build and later has working Netflix implementation. See Shawheim's post confirming it HERE.
Originally Posted by noobnl
cyanogen said: "Qualcomm is still releasing updates to the graphics code, so I suspect they will have that rotation issue fixed. I'm working on finding someone at Netflix to help solve the issue with their app freezing, because I have no idea what is causing it (it doesn't hit the video subsystem at all). Also on the list is to build our own audio driver based on the reference code like we did for the 8660 platform- that will solve all the audio issues properly."

Q: Is there anything I can do about my phone rebooting on its own?
A: The problem has been decreasing to next-to-nothing...but in case you're still having issues - check out the post by EndlessDissent

Q: Suddenly I have missing pictures using the stock gallery app, but apps like QuickPic see them fine. How can I fix that?
A: zanderman112 posted this; which says it may have to do with ROM Manager.
"Released a fix for ROM Manager where missing directories were causing the .nomedia file to be placed in the wrong directory. This was causing missing pictures from the gallery app. Sorry about that! Fixed in 5.0.1.4."
NOTE: you will still have to remove .nomedia files from the folders with media that you want the media scanner to find.

Last edited:

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
[UNOFFICIAL] CM10 User moderated Support and FAQs Thread (free to a good home)

************** Would anyone want to take over this thread? I can no longer keep up with things as I did, due to health issues - sorry. **************

Edit: Dutchdogg54 is going to give it a shot. I have passed on the OP to him. Thanks J for all you have done here and on the Epic for CM9 and CM10.
Get well soon my friend!
Kenny

Last edited by a moderator:

DrHax

Dec 5, 2010
Wichita, KS
So far, this seems more stable than the CM9 nightlies. So far, the only bugs I've encountered involves some of the already known issues including camera problems and losing root access (reflashing root from recovery worked), and when selecting notification/ringer sounds the sound preview doesn't seem to play (yes, I checked it wasn't on vibrate).

Overall, I am very impressed for such an early build. Will be my daily driver. Excited to start seeing the CM customizations merged.

washjayb

Jul 4, 2008
Does LTE work on this Build?

Im in a known good lte location. just no 4G notification.

jmk32889

Jun 29, 2012
I cannot get my headphone jack to work with this ROM. Also the camera doesn't work for me if I try to only take a picture. It is completely capable of recording video and taking pictures while recording video.

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I cannot get my headphone jack to work with this ROM. Also the camera doesn't work for me if I try to only take a picture. It is completely capable of recording video and taking pictures while recording video.

thanks for posting; as I make my way around the forums and speak to the devs I'll see what I can find for you.
These things will be fixed some time early in the beta phase; I am sure (going by what I saw in the CM9 developement)

Of course my comments are my opinion and have no actual baring on the development time of CM10 :)

jmk32889

Jun 29, 2012
I haven't seen these issues reported over in the development thread, you may want to wipe everything and reflash and be sure to not restore any data (if you did) and see how things go.

Tried flashing several times, same issues appeared every time.

Followed standard flashing procedures. Wiped user data, cache partition, and davlik cache. The last time I flashed I also formatted system.

asforme

Jun 4, 2010
In the newest release the option for quick pin unlock is there, but doesn't work. And opening settings -> interface -> system crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UNOFFICIAL] CM10 User moderated Support and FAQs Thread (free to a good home)

************** Would anyone want to take over this thread? I can no longer keep up with things as I did, due to health issues - sorry. **************

Edit: Dutchdogg54 is going to give it a shot. I have passed on the OP to him. Thanks J for all you have done here and on the Epic for CM9 and CM10.
    Get well soon my friend!
    Kenny

FAQ

Moved to post 2 so Dutchdogg54 can edit.
    Support FAQ

Moved to post 3 so Dutchdogg54 can edit.
    As requested by the OP, Jdelano, I am closing this thread unless someone wants to take it over.
    I can reassign the OP to someone as long as they have a post somewhere older than July 17th.
    This would require updating the OP with current changes and answering questions or guiding users to the right place to look.
    If someone would like this spot please PM me.
    In the meantime join me in wishing my friend Jon, a speedy recovery
    Thanks for everything Jon!
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Hello all! I have taken over upkeep of this thread - please keep Jdelano, the original OP, in your thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery from a health situation. I look forward to helping keep everybody up to date on what's going on with CM10. Thanks Kennyglass & Jdelano for their work thus far in this and other threads.
    EDIT: if you look over at the ATT&T build; they lost tethering as well, so I am guessing it is an upstream issue
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29538143

Nope. I just tethered the newest CM build to my TF300. It worked perfectly. I used the native tether, fwiw.